Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Estimated Release Time Not Good 4 Us - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

With all the respect to VDJ and it's employees!

I wrote a couple days ago about the VDJ team to be specific and set a day and time for the release of the VDJ 4.0 (which anyway came to late, months and months of waiting and at the last few days they did it), DJ-IN-NORWAY was very helpfull in adding a countdown clock that "ESTIMATED" when this will happend, but with the excitment, everybody wanted that the release of VDJ 4.0 were before that estimated time. But some how I believe that the difference between the "estimated" and the actual time for the release WILL NOT BE in our (customers) favor.

By now, sure I can wait some more time, but I am just a little dissapointed in how they handle the whole release thing. If they wanted to release VDJ 4.0 at the expo, why they did not officialy mentioned that it was going to be released exclusively for those attending the event only; and why they didn't mention that the General Public or Website release was not going to be at the same time, and so, why they did not presetted a date and time (after the expo was over) for the release to the general public.

If you take a look at the news when you login, it only mentions that the VDJ 4.0 it's going to be released at the expo without any more information.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:40 am
I know this doesn't help, but in a few hours (depending on when you read this) version 4.0 will be released. Yeah the carrot has been dangled in front of our face quite a bit the past couple of weeks, but complaining won't make it come any faster. Just be happy once it does arrive, and hope the next major release is handled a little bit better.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:51 am
Well, it's not as much a complaint, but a fact. And yeah, you are right, I should be happy that in a few hours (or a lot) it will be finally released.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:07 am
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Now what's this about a new release? Huh, where have I been... :)

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:08 am
You'll have it soon enough.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:17 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
There's a new release on the way? Why did nobody mention this before?

Is it a free upgrade, or do we have to pay for it? (Sorry, so many people asking this question, I was feeling left out... I'll stop taking the p!$$ now... ;-)

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:26 am
It's free for all pro users. Version 4.0

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:35 am
djderricke wrote :
...complaining won't make it come any faster. Just be happy once it does arrive, and hope the next major release is handled a little bit better.

If Atomix is an honorable company, complaining [and publicizing] about how poorly they handle several aspects of their business [from this VDJ 4 download availability to the last minute post about US orders that are already paid for not being shipped during the expo] SHOULD make them improve their business policies and customer service.

If you say nothing, you get nothing.

SO SPEAK UP IF YOU THINK THAT ATOMIX IS WRONG IN SOME OF IT'S WAYS.

It will hopefully make them be a better company overall in the future and then everyone will be happy.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:40 am
djsherz wrote :
There's a new release on the way? Why did nobody mention this before?

Is it a free upgrade, or do we have to pay for it? (Sorry, so many people asking this question, I was feeling left out... I'll stop taking the p!$$ now... ;-)

I HATE off topic and/or "funny" posts like this one above.

Now, can I get an order of french fries with my chow mein and an oil change for my go-kart at this website or not?

Okay. It's ofiicial. I've lost my mind.

Just let me download VDJ 4 so I can regain my sanity. =)

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:45 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
LOL , same here ;)

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:15 am
well said

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:22 am

Why not just speak up if you had enough of ConQuests complaining

I've had it.. sorry

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:37 am
tho wat conquest said in his first pst was right..

i am also a little disppointed with the way it has been handled..

and i dont think it was a complaint from neoob so much as it was a venting of rightly felt emotions..

so yeah..speak up or get run over

cheers

DJ Rudra

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:39 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
All this waiting and complaining would be more exciting if we had a chatroom. Whatever happened to the old one?

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:43 am
oh well....

Other DJ software have annonced release dates, and not made it by months... even years.

Other OS software have annonced release dates, and not made it by years (yes! Windows ConQuest..)

Other game developers have annonced release dates, and not made it by months...

Virtual DJ did not make the hour of MY friendly estimate... ONLY made as a friendly reminder to the about time for the release, NOT official, only as a fun countdown to give an INDICATION.

And the release of Virtual DJ4 will come a FEW HOURS after that friendly estimate...

But hey... complaint all you want, thats your perogative...

Just dont count on freebies and similar friendliness in the future maybe... Kinda ruins the fun when some even complaint about it...

OH well....

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:53 am
With all the respect i have for you, there is no mistake made by marketing department: the official statement is clear and the post of dj-in-norway is not an official statement.

Regards

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:57 am
But why VirtualDJ has to fall into the same situation as other companies (OS, Games or others)?, do you want customers thinking that you are like other companies?

Excuse me dj-in-norway, but I for one, bought VDJ 3.4 because I was told that future releases were going to be free (even if that's true or not) and when I got 3.4 it wasn't free either.

I want to think of VDJ as a great kick ass company above all other companies (which I think still is, what people like me said and stil say in forums like this one, it's to give VDJ team other points of view for different departments in your company to better themselfs), but what you said about people complaining may even turn people away and that's not a solution.

Why instead of letting us know what YOU think, don't tell your bosses what we think? After all, you are our connection to your company.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:58 am
neoob wrote :
Excuse me dj-in-norway, but I for one, bought VDJ 3.4 because I was told that future releases were going to be free (even if that's true or not) and when I got 3.4 it wasn't free either.

As officially written by the corporate department, the update v4.0 will be free for professional edition users

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:02 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Good morning Rune, take it easy ;)
I know we will get V4 soon or later, and your timer was ESTIMATE, and I know the meaning of that word ;) . I don't complain about a delay and I'm not saying Atomix sucks. Hell, most of the team was in Expo at the show promoting our beloved VDJ!! And I respect that, Dev team worked hard on version 4 to make it better for US dj's, not for them!
Damn, it is 8 am and I didn't sleep at all, can you belive that Norway? Well, I'm off to sleep, see ya later guys!
P.S. Again, bigest THANK YOU Atomix for the free update!

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:06 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Support staff wrote :
With all the respect i have for you, there is no mistake made by marketing department: the official statement is clear and the post of dj-in-norway is not an official statement.

Regards

Since DJ Norway's statement is not official, what is the official release day/time?

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:12 am
37%