Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Estimated Release Time Not Good 4 Us - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Here is the official answer:
Only the corporate can allow the download so we are waiting for the corporate.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:16 am
so the mistake wasn't made by the Marketing department, but by the corporate?

...Just kidding!

Don't let it get you! ;)

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:20 am
Sorry in fact the mistake was made by dj-in-norway with a non-official counter.

Regards

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:27 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

And the release of Virtual DJ4 will come a FEW HOURS after that friendly estimate...

Are you sure that you don't make a second mistake ?

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:31 am
the counter was simply meant as an indication, and only made for a litte waiting time fun... ;) by me

reason being that someone at forum believed that VDJ would be out monday, and got angry about that it was not released monday...

So to give a feedback regarding the incorrect belief some had about monday, and to give roughly estimate of the release, I made a friendly counter to say that monday was not the day...

Monday was the day that the Expo started, and thats all that was ever said ... But someone got it wrong, and took it as a release day...

My counter was meant to indicate in a fun way that we had to wait a little longer, as the release monday was exclusive to the expo ;)

A rough estimate from feedbacks from the Expo crew, indicated that forum release would be around Wednesday, and so where my counter.

It was clearly indicated that it was simply an estimate, and not an offical timer ... ;)

Corporate Staff is attending an important Dj Expo in USA, together with Numark, promoting the release of the new version... And far away from home office (France). They will try their best to fit the forum release between the busy shedule in USA, and there have also been a few speculations about problems getting a secure connection to the server where the downloads are to be made from (pure speculations)

Never the less, its never been said any offical time for release by noone, other than the fact that Virtual DJ was to be released at the Expo this week. And that forum release would be shortly after this exclusive release at the Expo.

Indications where strong about Dev Team having a chance to do a forum release middle of this week, and thats the bare fundament for the unofficial timer made as a friendly waiting time counter :)

If Dev Team have been way to busy, OR needs to locate a more secure connection, and therefor things take a little more time than the first estimate, then thats just how the world is...

So if someone dont take the unofficial estimate, the timer I made for fun, while we waited.. as something other than what it was, then my bad...
Maybe it would be better to say absolutely nothing, not respond to the ones being mad monday, thinking that the day was release time at forum instead of Expo start... Just say sometime in the future, instead of giving a rough estimate...

Anyways, the Virtual DJ 4 will be out as soon as Corporate Staff have had the chance to do so, and hopefully real soon.. ;)

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:11 am
Who cares if we havent got it yet, we are getting a piece of software worth plenty of cash for free!!im just happy knowing that! if i have to wait a few extra days to get it thats fine by me. i would rather that than shelling out another few hundred dollars each release!

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:19 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Stop piking on dj-in-norway and be pashet

if i have to wait a few extra days to get it thats fine by me. i would rather that than shelling out another few hundred dollars each release

Anyways, the Virtual DJ 4 will be out as soon as Corporate Staff have had the chance to do so, and hopefully real soon

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:21 am
I think everyone here needs a nap...

and when we awake we shall have treats (version 4)...

so let's all gather around on the blankets on the floor and listen to a nap time story...

anyone...?

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:31 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
lol time 8.15 am in the uk

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:42 am
currently when I am writing this ... 2:26am in Houston Texas USA

still waiting on a naptime story...

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:46 am
You guys may not like this suggestion but "Harry Potter and the Order Of The Phoenix" (the book it's great, I don't know how they are going to make a movie out of it when the content it's getting very adult like)

P.S. Of course we are not picking up on dj-in-norway (I apologize if he felt that way), only that "The corporate" should have setted a date and time for the forum release or at least mentioned in the Official statement in the News page, letting everyone knows about the timing more in detail; because I bet more than one user got the impression that VDJ 4.0 would've been release on monday for download and not just at the expo.

O well, good day Europe and good night to almost everyone else.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:49 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
dj-in-norway
I don't think anyone is picking on your except maybe Conquest :) We know that the counter was not official because you stated so in the begining. All your support is appreciated!

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:57 am
neoob wrote :
But why VirtualDJ has to fall into the same situation as other companies (OS, Games or others)?, do you want customers thinking that you are like other companies?

Excuse me dj-in-norway, but I for one, bought VDJ 3.4 because I was told that future releases were going to be free (even if that's true or not) and when I got 3.4 it wasn't free either.

I want to think of VDJ as a great kick ass company above all other companies (which I think still is, what people like me said and stil say in forums like this one, it's to give VDJ team other points of view for different departments in your company to better themselfs), but what you said about people complaining may even turn people away and that's not a solution.

Why instead of letting us know what YOU think, don't tell your bosses what we think? After all, you are our connection to your company.

Oh my god! ANOTHER brave AND reasonable person who is NOT a corporate conglomerate apologist trying to "silence the masses".

Bravo neoob. I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID IN YOUR POST... and I mean EVERYTHING.

Especially the part about voicing or concerns to BETTER Atomix and it's policies. I for one, ditched Final Scratch MOSTLY because of Native Instruments' incompetence and horrid customer support and lack of respect for their Traktor DJ Studio customers.

I thought Atomix would be different with their Virtual DJ produt and SUPPORT for their user base. I hope that I wasn't wrong.

Norway's apologist stance is sounding alot like Native Instruments support staff's "we don't care if you try to hold us accountable for basic good business practices and for deadlines that we set that we were unable to make, you'll get what we give you when we want and you'll like it".

A little worried here now, but still too early to tell if this is widespread Atomix staff mentality and positioning, or a few confused seeds.

Hopefully VDJ 4 for Mac will come out soon and I'll do us all a favor and not hang around on these forums.

I don't like fake things, like poser dj's, bill gates and microsoft, or even puppet shows. he only thing worse than a puppet show to me, are the puppets themselves.

Marienettes [or something like that] is what they're called in Europe, correct?

I hate 'em regardless of what they're called.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:22 am
Well Well Well it's 1:18 am 8/24/2006 in California. I see we are being stood up by who ever . It change minute to minute. Well in about 24 hours their is going to be alot of angry users. So tighten your belts and get ready. This isn't going to be pretty. You finally got yourselves backed into a corner. You should alway take care of the people who have supported you all this time but you kicked dirt in their faces.What did you expect anyway when you treat your users like this?

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:22 am
abnorm wrote :
dj-in-norway
I don't think anyone is picking on your except maybe Conquest :) We know that the counter was not official because you stated so in the begining. All your support is appreciated!

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ABNORM?!!!

Read the posts and don't be a follower, or puppet, yourself.

I didn't say ANYTHING against Norway on this thread until just now in the post above.

Norway's the one who came on here and tried picking on me for agreeing with the originator of this thread, "neoob", about the fact that Atomix needs to be more professional in some aspects. And Norway got shot down immediately afterwards by others agreeing with both neeob and myself.

Get normal, abnorm.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:28 am
The team never said they were going to make the update available for download by Aug 21, they announced VDJ V4 was to be released at the expo which is exactly what happened. Just because we're all anticipating the update and many did obviously misread the announcement there is no way you can pin this on the team.

So far they did what they said they would, Norway's countdown timer is a nice gimmick, but in no way an official statement (and clearly stated as such!) so again, nothing to be complaining about there..

The team probably had the obligation to release for/with Numark first since they probably have a huge hand in the (financial) opportunity to do v4 in the first place _AND_ allowing for a free update for us PRO users..

So why don't we all act as pros and give them the chance to get it out at the time they are ready.. What's another day or two..

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:32 am
digitalmdj wrote :
Well Well Well it's 1:18 am 8/24/2006 in California. I see we are being stood up by who ever . It change minute to minute. Well in about 24 hours their is going to be alot of angry users. So tighten your belts and get ready. This isn't going to be pretty. You finally got yourselves backed into a corner. You should alway take care of the people who have supported you all this time but you kicked dirt in their faces.What did you expect anyway when you treat your users like this?

CHEW ON THAT, APOLOGISTS!

Don't make this about me, because it's not.

It's about responsibility and accountability by a company, and respect for it's supporting user base who are demanding that respect ,which they are entitled to.

Without us, Atomix doesn't exist and CERTAINLY doesn't become dominant in the digital dj arena.

PERIOD.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:36 am
Even the suck up's will start to get upset soon. They won't suck up forever. We call them brown noses here in the states. It's stuck so deep they will need a backhoe to remove it.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:46 am
paulheu wrote :
The team never said they were going to make the update available for download by Aug 21,

I believe that's already been established and accepted by almost everyone on these forums, paulheu. I posted the same thing last night about how a few people posting a false expectation for the release, turned that expectation into percieved fact.

I was one of the many who thought that VDJ 4 was supposed to be available that day, but later found out that it was a case of "mass hysteria".

So I really didn't care that it would be released at the expo and that the download would be released around now [per Norway].

Just be reasonable Atomix, and don't stall the release past this week.

I was pissed off about the BRILLIANT decision to NOT ship PAID PRODUCT to EXISTING CUSTOMERS in the ENTIRE UNITED STATES during the expo, WHICH IS IN THE UNITED STATES, and posting that fact ONLY LAST SATURDAY, just before MONDAY, which is when many of us here in the U.S. expected our orders to ship [like timecode vinyl] so that we wouild get our orders around the same time that VDJ 4 became available, DURING THE SAME WEEK.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:50 am
digitalmdj wrote :
Even the suck up's will start to get upset soon. They won't suck up forever. We call them brown noses here in the states. It's stuck so deep they will need a backhoe to remove it.

Yup. Brown noses are the same as puppets/marienettes, per my prior post.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:52 am
74%