Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Making loading of songs quicker - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Since another software has this feature, what about making loading of songs faster??

I think if you add more informations about the single track inside the database .xml (maybe making the first loading slower), this can be done.

geposted Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 12:16 pm
load the same track on the same computer with the two different softwares. which one loads faster and by how much time / percent.

then make a report something like this

[loading report for virtual dj vs xx?? ]
>>case 1: virtual dj loading test
  • track size: 3mb
  • track length: 3:12

• start load: 12:15:32
  • end load: 12:15:47

load time on virtual dj: 15 seconds
----
>>case 2: xx??
  • track size: 3mb
  • track length: 3:12

• start load: 12:22:32
  • end load: 12:22:34

load time on xx??: 2 seconds
---
summary: xx?? loads track 13 seconds faster..
[end of report loading tracks virtual dj vs xx??]

geposted Thu 25 Feb 10 @ 3:14 pm
Tests' results:

Track long 8.15.00 (320 kbps) 18 MBytes

• VDJ 6.0.5
    first loading: 21.60 sec
    second loading (or next): 14.89 sec

• Traktor 1.2.4
    first loading: 26.10 sec
    second loading (or next): instantaneous

• Serato 2.0.0 beta 3
    first loading: 34.11 sec

This is what I meant. That's clear.

geposted Thu 25 Feb 10 @ 4:17 pm
To be honest, I like the fact that VDJ takes its time to load the track.

Having a "map" of the file is great - until the file gets corrupted!!!! At least I know if VDJ loads the track then its playable. If not, I need to find another track quickly...

But then this is only my opnion.

Roy

geposted Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 5:16 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Serato take more time on first load but consider that it make multi frequency analysis and it have a colored frequency wave, maybe one day also VDJ will have.

Latest Traktor 1.2 and Serato seems to save some info inside a ghost tag because a track loaded into Serato it can be loaded fast into Traktor and viceversa.

VDJ have also for me a BAD gain analysis because it's applied only when track is complety loaded, no good if you want to load and play fast a track never analysed.

geposted Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 5:28 am
sischo wrote :

I think if you add more informations about the single track inside the database .xml (maybe making the first loading slower), this can be done.

Cioce that is exactly what I asked in my first post here ;)

Answering to GadgetMan, I wonder how a file can be corrupted if you've already analyzed that. I mean, if you haven't problems the first time you play a song, how that song can be corrupted later.

geposted Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 7:47 am
Easy, hard drives are not fault free... Hard drives can fail instantly or they can degrade over time. Part of the degrading factor is bad blocks. Blocks fail and one of those could be in the middle of one of your tracks.

Not only that, fragmented files can cause issues. Remember if you update a tag in a file thats already on your drive there's a very high chance that that file will either end up being moved - to accomodate the additional data - or fragmented so that it exists in 2 or more locations, especially if your drive is already near capacity.

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 9:38 am
Well, I understand your point but in my case I have never had a problem because my hard disks are free at 20-30% (it's a good rule to have free space in hard disks).

I think that for avoiding corruption there is the old scandisk which can single bad areas out of our hard drives.

geposted Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 9:53 am
sischo wrote :
Tests' results:

Track long 8.15.00 (320 kbps) 18 MBytes

• VDJ 6.0.5
    first loading: 21.60 sec
    second loading (or next): 14.89 sec

• Traktor 1.2.4
    first loading: 26.10 sec

• Serato 2.0.0 beta 3
    first loading: 34.11 sec

This is what I meant. That's clear.

the "instantaneous" results I'm assuming its because the other two are NOT loading the track into ram?

geposted Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 12:03 pm
Maybe but as I can see it that the waveform is available as soon as I click on the track (this doesn't happen in VDJ).

geposted Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 2:49 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Afroboogie & Re-Zone - Unite (Incognet Remix)
Lenght : 6:04 min
Size : 15 mb,

Load in Vdj : 5 seconds

Same song with Traktor : loaded in 1 sec.

geposted Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 5:48 pm
And how many people use the Speedload option ????

geposted Sat 27 Feb 10 @ 7:08 am
all my tests are made with speedload ON.

geposted Sat 27 Feb 10 @ 7:42 am
Although the waveform in VDJ takes longer to load than other DJ software, the track will still play without any problems, even if you jump to a cue point near the end of the song before the waveform has even loaded that far, and by the time the first two bars have played the waveform is fully loaded. Works for me.

geposted Sat 27 Feb 10 @ 6:18 pm
In my case till the track is not fully loaded, that means an higher CPU usage more than the normal. That doesn't occur using the other 2 softwares I named.

I think that may be improved!!

geposted Sat 27 Feb 10 @ 7:03 pm
Support staff wrote :
And how many people use the Speedload option ????

I've just downloaded the new Registry tool v3.0.
I can see this option works when you play video and I have NEVER said to use video.

geposted Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 4:28 pm
I am brand new to Virtual Dj and currently using v.6.0 The problem I am having is that load a track takes over 5mins. Something is obviously wrong but i don't know where. My laptop is strickly only for my music and I never run anyother applications while using vdj. I am not sure if there is some option that I am missing that can correct this problem. Any info would be greatly appreciated

geposted Wed 02 Jun 10 @ 9:32 pm
DJ Danglez wrote :
I am brand new to Virtual Dj and currently using v.6.0 The problem I am having is that load a track takes over 5mins. Something is obviously wrong but i don't know where. My laptop is strickly only for my music and I never run anyother applications while using vdj. I am not sure if there is some option that I am missing that can correct this problem. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Go to config/options and toggle max load to "always".

geposted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 5:36 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you're still having problems, then please start a thread in the relevant support section.

geposted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 8:36 am
But what you're asking for is impossible. You cannot decompress a file into memory instantly - you cannot load a decompressed file into memory instantly. Traktor is probably just loading a cached graph of the waveform, that doesn't mean the track has loaded 100%, and Virtual DJ lets you skip ahead anyway.

To demo this I decompressed an 8 minute mp3 to a wav file using ffmpeg, it took 5 seconds. Virtual DJ took just under six seconds to load the same mp3; that's perfectly acceptable imo - I can't think of a way they can speed it up.

geposted Mon 07 Jun 10 @ 7:38 am
48%