Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NS6 - Page: 4

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

question (don't know if it's a hardware / skin / mapping issue):

I inserted a mic in ch.4 input. in rear side, i set on "mic" the selector.

on the top, near ch.4 slide, i set selector on line/mic

ehm... now? mic is "on", ch.4 volume is 100%, i activate mic from skin.... but vdj didn't record/stream voice..... what i'm doing wrong?

geposted Wed 15 Jun 11 @ 4:37 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Mic on the NS6 is a pass-thru at the hardware level - it does not route through VirtualDJ. None of the LINE IN or MIC inputs do.

geposted Wed 15 Jun 11 @ 9:44 pm
mh ok, got it.

but i don't hear my voice in master output too. I don't understand how can i hear my speaking, so! :-S

geposted Thu 16 Jun 11 @ 2:50 am
another thing.

i use the CD mode for jogs.

how can set better the mapping for having bend when i touch over the jog, and fast skip when i touch laterally??

geposted Thu 16 Jun 11 @ 11:21 am
Hi

Could someone give me a simple run down on how to get the sync button to work on the left deck when using just 2 channels...And is there anyway I can stop the 2 outside channels effecting the sound when im trying to use the just channel 1 and 2...Any help would be great..

Cheers.

geposted Thu 16 Jun 11 @ 12:22 pm
From what I've learned. it's best to star the NS6 and VDJ, open a 4 channel skin, make sure 1 and 2 are set as masters..test the sync functions, then switch to a 2 channel skin. Don't touch the layer buttons :)

geposted Fri 17 Jun 11 @ 6:40 pm
X1LoVeRPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
jammer73 wrote :
mh ok, got it.

but i don't hear my voice in master output too. I don't understand how can i hear my speaking, so! :-S

Check if the mic is routed to the crossfader. You can check it on the front of the NS6 left hand side.

@steve, the sync button will already work if you start with a 2 channel skin. No need to start with a 4 deck skin first.
For me it works like it should, hit the button and it goes sync.

geposted Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 6:23 am
smokinsteve wrote :
Hi

Could someone give me a simple run down on how to get the sync button to work on the left deck when using just 2 channels...And is there anyway I can stop the 2 outside channels effecting the sound when im trying to use the just channel 1 and 2...Any help would be great..

Cheers.

Here's something else I realized. THe "Skip" buttons in the mapping, not completely sure what it means but it says to clone and set as master. Now when I run VDJ, I just do the channel slider thing for the left deck and then press the "skip" button on the left deck. Then Sync works fine...

geposted Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 10:52 am
IMPORTANT:

Can anyone tell me why I need to choose "apply" in the sound settings each time I restart Virtual DJ?

After staring VDJ, on deck two I have to toggle between PC and Line/Phono to get the headphone cue to work on deck 2. I can recreate this every time I restart VDJ.

I have settings correct according to cstoll...

Inputs - None
Outputs: Headphone - Master Channels 1/2 - Headphones Channels 3/4
Sound Card: 4 Out - Numark USB Audio Device

Any help would be appreciated.

geposted Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 10:56 am

hey!
i have to confirm sound preference, too. Simple go to option, and press apply. Otherwise, console don't control software

geposted Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 1:18 pm
shyheim10 wrote :

Here's something else I realized. THe "Skip" buttons in the mapping, not completely sure what it means but it says to clone and set as master. Now when I run VDJ, I just do the channel slider thing for the left deck and then press the "skip" button on the left deck. Then Sync works fine...

This does the trick for me.

Cheers.

geposted Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 5:04 am
Anyone else notice the lines on the crossfader wear off easily? Used it maybe total of 7 - 8 times and one line was going, I rubbed what was left off... whats next, buttons gonna pop out and a wheel fly off?
This thing should have a Dodge emblem on it.

geposted Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 9:15 am
djmagicmoments wrote :
IMPORTANT:

Can anyone tell me why I need to choose "apply" in the sound settings each time I restart Virtual DJ?

After staring VDJ, on deck two I have to toggle between PC and Line/Phono to get the headphone cue to work on deck 2. I can recreate this every time I restart VDJ.

I have settings correct according to cstoll...

Inputs - None
Outputs: Headphone - Master Channels 1/2 - Headphones Channels 3/4
Sound Card: 4 Out - Numark USB Audio Device

Any help would be appreciated.

Just wondering if you are working on this.... also, I have a problem with having to toggle the switch on deck two to get the output to work. It works with headphone but I have to toggle the switch for it to go to the main output. I am able to recreate this every time...

This is in addition to the other bugs I have reported above.

Thanks,

Scott

geposted Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 8:57 am
Anyone?

This is kind of a big thing.

geposted Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 8:08 am
The audio routing issue is not a VirtualDJ problem. If you have to toggle the channel's PC/Line switch then there is something happening with your unit.

The Crossfader switched for decks 1 & 3 - yes, we are aware of this and will be resolved in a LATER version. For now you have to toggle them at the start.

As for the 'Apply' on your sound settings - this would only happen in two scenarios - 1) you plugged the USB cable into a different port each time OR 2) you used VirtualDJ without the unit connected (like preparing for an event) where VirtualDJ temporarily switches to 'simple mode' then returns to your Sound Config the next time it sees the unit connected.

geposted Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 10:24 am
no cstoll, it happens every time , i have a imac devoted to vdj, so never usb changes, no vdj start without console, etc

geposted Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 3:26 pm
Exactly... happens every time. I use the same USB and never change my audio settings.

Also, we are just trying to help, not cause problems.

geposted Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 4:55 pm
Did you guys have to get firmware upgrades in order for your units to work to start with ?

djmagicmoments wrote :
Also, we are just trying to help, not cause problems.

The more you are here you will come to know I am direct and to the point. And if I can not re-create the problem then it is even more difficult to resolve and 99% of the time a hardware issue and not VirtualDJ. So please don't take it the wrong way - I am just not big on 'Hee Hee' stuff like that. It is all cool. :)

geposted Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 7:50 pm
Yes, firmware is upgraded.

I will try to shoot a video of it.

I have heard "the problem is hardware related" a million times. The fact that I and others can replicate this every time would lead me to believe that it is not.... hee hee.

geposted Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 8:01 pm
djmagicmoments wrote :
I have heard "the problem is hardware related" a million times. The fact that I and others can replicate this every time would lead me to believe that it is not.... hee hee.

When I said I am 'blunt' and 'direct' -- "you and others" - as I count it - that is 2 people out of the hundreds plus that have the unit and are using VirtualDJ with it. So, yes a hardware defect is more likely than a software problem - otherwise this thread and others would be blazing with complaints - No?

geposted Sat 25 Jun 11 @ 7:19 am
30%