Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NS6 - Page: 5

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I respectfully disagree since the unit is sold and Marketed with Serato Itch. While hundreds have the unit, I would think many of them would be using Itch.

Just look at how many people are even posting (good or bad) about using the NS6 with Virtual DJ... very few.

Okay, thanks... moving on. Must be a hardware issue if you say so. Geesh.

geposted Sat 25 Jun 11 @ 9:16 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
We have over 7500 downloads of the mapping files. I typically divide that by 4 or 5 depending on how long its been out there. So let's say 10 this time to save any argument, that is still a probability of over 700 users.

More people will report issues than compliment success. That is a well known statistic is the support world.

And I didn't say it is absolutely a hardware issue. It is just more likely that is the case because of only 2 people reporting the problem. The firmware of your units may have a bug (bad acceptance of the firmware code) that is creating the issue.

I can not recreate to issue you have reported. And I have a pre-production unit from Numark. So maybe there is a defect from the production run? That happens and something that should be considered.

Chris

geposted Sat 25 Jun 11 @ 9:50 am

geposted Sat 25 Jun 11 @ 11:54 am
best way to test whether the headphone problem is a hardware or software problem is to test your hardware with serato itch. If you face the same problem on itch, it is definitely a hardware/firmware problem. If u face the same problem, test it on a Windows OS if possible. If you dont face the same problem in a windows environment, your hardrware is fine. Unfortunately, I use my macbook exclusively for giving my lectures and am not willing to install any unrelated software on it so I cant reproduce the problem. I can confirm that this problem is not faced with in Windows. If you do not face the same problem with serato itch when using your macbook, its definitely a problem with virtual dj no matter what our self proclaimed blunt moderator has to say. One thing I have noticed with virtual DJ is that there are certain functions that are only triggered when a certain state is activated. For instance, when you load a new song onto one of the decks, you cannot change the rpm until you bring the rpm slider to the middle position. Just because, the NS6 has an internal mixer does not mean every problem related to the mixer is a problem with the hardware / firmware. Virtual dj still has to emulate the mixer and a problem with the coding there could lead to the problems mentioned in the past few posts.

Thought I would also mention that just because two different softwares show the same symptoms also doesnt imperatively mean it is a hardware/firmware problem either. I once came across a situation when the wacom cintiq tablet first came out in the market where both jasm (now Corel) paintshop pro aswell as autodesk sketchbook pro would crash shortly after using the colour palette. The normal train of thought would be that it is a hardware problem since the symptoms were on more than one software application. It turned out that both companies made the classic mistake of using pointers to the pallete class objects and not using a destructor to delete any allocated memory before the pointers went out of scope. This lead to memory leaks and hence the crashing of the program. A thumb rule in c++ for all you developers out there. If you create a class with a pointer pointing to dynamically allocated memory, you must define a destructor to free the memory. The same goes if you are dealing with exception handling for that class.

I would suggest to all the people facing the problem mentioned in the previous few posts to try and eliminate all other possible causes as it will definitely help the developers pinpoint what the problem is.

Another thing I thought I should mention here is when you switch on your ns6, make sure you touch both platters a few times. When you first start them up, the sensitivity is not set. You need to touch them a few times to set the sensitivity. If you start your ns6 and load and play a song all without touching your platter. If the system is set on scatch mode your song may screech to a halt when hovering your hands over the platter without actually touching them. This is not a fault with the hardware and is intentional. The platter sensitivity works on the principle of your body creating a ground between the platter and the floor when you touch the platter. Now depending on the floor the potential difference varies. Thus the sensitivity varies. When standing on a carpet you would get a certain sensitivity due to the carpet's own static potential. you would get a different sensitivity when standing on a sticky wooden floor. To make sure that you get the same sentivity irrespective of where you are using your equipment, numark has introduced this feature. neways, enuf of the explanation. When you swtich on your NS6 MAKE SURE YOU TOUCH BOTH PLATTERS A FEW TIMES UNLESS YOU WANT A TRAIN WRECK. Sorry about the caps but i wanted every1 to see that part so that they dont face a rather embarrassing situation.

l8r:)

geposted Sun 26 Jun 11 @ 2:21 pm
I have a question i was hoping i could get answered, i have the NS6 working obviously the skip button isnt working which i hope is fixed sooner or later. The other thing is when i hit stop on a deck how do i get to the beginning of the track do i need to move the bars within VDJ. I know with my rmx i would just it stop again and it would go to the beginning of the track.

thanks,

geposted Sun 26 Jun 11 @ 7:04 pm
Theres two ways to go about it. The first is using the touch sensitive strip search on the NS6. It allows you to get to any part of the song. It is marked as number 32 on your quick start guide if you dont know what I'm talking about. The second way is to create a cue point at the place where you want to restart the song. When the time comes to restart the song from that point just press the corresponding cue button and the song will start from that particular point. If later you wish to delete tht cue point press and hold the delete button next to the 5 cue buttons and press the cue button you wish to delete. Hope this solves your problem.

L8r:)

geposted Sun 26 Jun 11 @ 7:45 pm
Yes, i was using the cue points and never even thought about the strip search. Thanks so much for the response.

geposted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 5:57 am
annihil8r wrote :
If you do not face the same problem with serato itch when using your macbook, its definitely a problem with virtual dj no matter what our self proclaimed blunt moderator has to say.

So do you have any of the mentioned problems with having to toggle the Deck 2 PC/Line switch before you can hear in the headphones or the audio goes out to the Master Output?

Do you have to re-apply your sound options as well at each start up ?

annihil8r wrote :
One thing I have noticed with virtual DJ is that there are certain functions that are only triggered when a certain state is activated. For instance, when you load a new song onto one of the decks, you cannot change the rpm until you bring the rpm slider to the middle position.

Disable your 'Reset Pitch' option in the Config. That is why you have to bring the pitch fader to Zero (0) before it catches - because you have your environment set to reset the Pitch on every load of a track. VirtualDJ capability - not a bug.

annihil8r wrote :
Just because, the NS6 has an internal mixer does not mean every problem related to the mixer is a problem with the hardware / firmware. Virtual dj still has to emulate the mixer and a problem with the coding there could lead to the problems mentioned in the past few posts.

VirtualDJ does not 'emulate' the mixer. VirtualDJ's mixer is controlled by the position of the physical elements on the NS6. If there is a 'hardware' flaw - it will be perceived as a software problem first - when in reality it is the hardware that is doing the wrong thing and telling the software something different than what is intended.

geposted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 8:05 am
Oh my giddy aunt!!!! Being blunt is one thing but your sole aim in this forum is just to be defensive in what you say. If you dont have something constructiive to say that may actually help, dont waste your time picking on people's words. It helps no one. Just because I dnt have the same problem on a windows PC doesnt mean I shouldnt be concerned abt possible bugs on the mac OS. Thats the whole point of a forum isnt it??? we help each other out. Before u get ur nappy in a niggle, I said possible bugs. It may well be a hardware firmware issue but the only way that can be determined is by the process of elimination.

Where did I say that the pitch slider had a bug. Again, ur getting all defensive for absolutely no reason. I merely used it to give a practical example of how a state activated function works.

When you use the mixer the changes are reflected on virtual dj's interface. If I move a slider, it is reflected in the software. If that is not an emulation of the mixer, what is?????

I stand by what I said in my previous post. Use the train of tests to c if it is a hardware, firmware or software problem and then contact Numark or use virtual dj's support ticket accordingly.

ironic how cstoll has got me all defensive now. hehe????

geposted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 5:23 pm
Will there be a new version of the mapper released that utilizes more features of the NS6 or is this the only mapper being supported?

Thanks,
Pete

geposted Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 7:57 pm
No there will not be any changes to the mapping unless a user uploads a personalized version to share.

geposted Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 8:10 pm
pskeensPRO InfinityMember since 2010
@cstoll,

will the effects engine in VDJ support dual effects at one time? This is the one and only thing that I really wish it did that ITCH does. If it does I will be happy to play around with the mappers and script to see if I can get it to work, but no need trying unless the engine supports it.

THanks

geposted Wed 29 Jun 11 @ 5:59 am
You can launch 10 effects at once if you really wanted. The script would be something like, "deck 1 effect 'flanger' active on & deck 1 effect 'beatgrid' active on"
The only downfall would be that the effect parameters will only apply to the effect last activated unless you have them mapped separately.

Hope that helps
Huey

geposted Wed 29 Jun 11 @ 10:03 am
This thing is driving me nuts!

Half of my stuff works properly on the right layers, but like effects for layer 1 only work on layer 1 if Layer 3 is on. If layer 1 button is on the effects and play/pause operate on channel 3.

Seems like some of the stuff is mapped to the wrong layer on both sides of the board its the same

Please HELP!

geposted Wed 29 Jun 11 @ 10:53 pm
Spent a lot of time last night working with this. Here is what happens.

Everytime I run VDJ I have to go in and swap the LAYER 1 and LAYER 3 script and LAYER 2 and LAYER 4 script. It does not matter which channel is on these layers I have to manually change them for it to work correctly.

WHY? Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

BTW: I'm using Skin 3-1-2-4 1280x800

geposted Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 1:10 pm
Hi, i have a strange problem... Past week i had the Numark NS6 to test @ my home. I tried NS6 on my homecomputer (iMac) and everything works perfect! So i buy the NS6 and connect it with my Macbook, i install the driver, the mapper and the NS6, start the program Numark CUE, but the NS6 doesn't work. So i take again the NS6 to the iMac, and it works without any problem, with the same configurations en installs...!
Very strange...
The Numark NS6 control panel says on the Macbook that the controller is CONNECTED.
The lights are flashing on the NS6 but i can't work with it. In configurations of Numark CUE in Mappers i can choose between Keyboard and Simple Midi Wrapping, and not the Numark NS6 mapper... When i look into the folder of Devices & Mappers in Documents/NumarkCue/..., the file stood in... So yesterday i buy the upgrade from Numark CUE to VirtualDj Pro Full to try if that works, but i doesn't...

Please help me...

geposted Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 1:28 pm
pskeens wrote :

Everytime I run VDJ I have to go in and swap the LAYER 1 and LAYER 3 script and LAYER 2 and LAYER 4 script. It does not matter which channel is on these layers I have to manually change them for it to work correctly.

Why are you messing with the Scripts ??? Delete the files, download them again, and install. Don't touch the scripts.
The fact the you keep editing the scripts is why you have the other problems that you mentioned. There is nothing wrong with how the scripts are written.

What is the order you are bringing everything online? Is the unit on before or after you power on your system?

geposted Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 1:42 pm
Kenneth06 wrote :
When i look into the folder of Devices & Mappers in Documents/NumarkCue/..., the file stood in... So yesterday i buy the upgrade from Numark CUE to VirtualDj Pro Full to try if that works, but i doesn't...

Please help me...

Run the mapping file installer again - VirtualDJ Pro installs in a different directory than CUE, so you need to run the mapping installer again.

geposted Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 1:43 pm
cstoll wrote :
pskeens wrote :

Why are you messing with the Scripts ??? Delete the files, download them again, and install. Don't touch the scripts.
The fact the you keep editing the scripts is why you have the other problems that you mentioned. There is nothing wrong with how the scripts are written.

What is the order you are bringing everything online? Is the unit on before or after you power on your system?

I'm sorry I did not mean scripts, what I mean is the mappers. I have to change the mappers to the above in order for it to function properly.

Order of bringing online

1) connect NS6
2) Turn on NS6 make sure crossfader is centered
3) open VDJ
4) move crossfader left & Right

thats it

geposted Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 2:30 pm
Changing what mappers? There is only 1 mapper out there.

If you say you are switching what scripts are assigned to what keys then you are changing the scripts.

Since I have no idea what the status is of where you have or have not made changes - delete the files like I recommended then run the mapper install again. Then I will at least know where you are starting from.

geposted Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 2:53 pm
38%