Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ 8. THE ULTIMATE DJ SYSTEM. - Page: 3

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

getafix wrote :
but not all newcomers
are useing cracked copys and abuseing these legitimate trial/new users
(i have full expectation of the normal backlash)

Yes they are... Thats how I started using vdj as did most others, but atomix used to facilitate that attitude towards nlu's even encourage it. When I first came here I had a used copy of Virtual Vinyl an got a bit of a flaming, I just kept on asking, eventually sbdj helped me out a lot...

Atomix's policy seems to have changed lately though, with a much more open attitude. But some of the guys have invested a lot into djing, and are just trying to get the respect within the industry they deserve, always under threat that their livelyhood is getting eaten into by "dj's" that have invested very little thought/time/energy/money.

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 1:00 pm
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
i myself came into vdj from the le version as did a lot of others, so its wrong to assume that all those that dont register the le
code that they are useing cracked copys. i admit i know of a lot of vdj users that have cracked copys but i also know a lot that dont.
iv even had somebody message me on here to ask for the vms4 mapper. i never replied and dont condone such actions.
but there is no excuse to treat all non registered users in such a way. some of the remarks could be classed as abuse.

it dosent help the reputation of the software when the forum has the same rep for bad treatment of users as soulseek

and i stand by my comment about le versions not being mapped properly. if i didnt pay up the extra £120 for a working
mapper then the midi control i bought would have been unfit for what it was sold for. some could argue that its extortion
to make somebody pay more money to get the mixer to work as it was sold for...

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 1:22 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Did I? Don't remember, but memory fails with age!

Not all NLU users are crack users - they could be using the free edition (potential customer), a second hand already-registered edition (potential customer), someone asking questions about capabilities (potential customer) or someone using a cracked copy - and they are still a potential customer.

Atomix have set out their policy quite clearly on this.

At the end of the day there will always be people using cracked copies, it happens with all popular software. Serato's hardware exclusivity has staved this off for them, but personally I don't like hardware locks. Interestingly VSL isn't hardware locked and I've read threads about pirated versions of that on their forums.

Getafix:

The capabilities of the hardware are stated by the manufacturer - Atomix produce a free limited version for them to include which is obviously signed off by the manufacturer. I'm not aware that Atomix promise anything with regards to this, so your route of complaint should be directed at the hardware manufacturer who have agreed the level of functionality with their software provider.

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 1:25 pm
getafix wrote :
and i stand by my comment about le versions not being mapped properly. if i didnt pay up the extra £120 for a working
mapper then the midi control i bought would have been unfit for what it was sold for.

We have a support system put in place for instances such as these. You are quite welcome at anytime to visit http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html and create a support ticket, talk with a phone rep or chat representative to resolve your issues. The forums are not the only source of help that we offer here.

getafix wrote :
some could argue that its extortion to make somebody pay more money to get the mixer to work as it was sold for...

Again, we have a support system in place for this. To even suggest extortion is ridiculous.

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 1:50 pm
the hardware i use was admittedly designed with the intention of being used with traktor and that is partly why the vms4
had so many problems with the compatibility with virtual dj and this is for the most part not the fault of automix.
but i belive american audio changed at the last few weeks before release to bundle with it a copy of vms4 virtual dj le.
this is a special edition of vdj le just for the vms4 and is labeled as such. so being a version for the vms4 it should work
properly without me haveing to pay anything extra. i did ask the retailer if it would be fully compatible as i originaly wantied
the hercules rmx after looking at the hardware section of this forum where at the time it was a fetured controler.
but the man in the shop assured me that it was fully mapped. i figured that since he sold a lot of midi's with vdj le that
he new what he was talking about.
after finding that it didnt work and that discusions on the forum were all saying that the only way to get use of the vms4
was to use the vms4 mapper made by djdad. this as you will all know is not available to le users. i spent a few days looking around for
a copy of this mapper for free. but constantly found that it could only be acquired by paying for a full license.
i couldent even get into the options to configure the mappings myself as this is locked out on the le version.
so i was left no choice but to pay another £120 during xmas a time of year when i dont have a lot of spare cash to splash about.

dont get me wrong, im happy that i now have the ability to configure my copy as i now wish and that i could broadcast
from vdj 7 over the net if i dont use the vms4 as it dosent send the music back down the usb lead to broadcast or record.
and i would have most likely bought the pro copy anyway. but i would have liked to have the choice and not have been forced
to buy it or risk wasteing the money iv already spent....

you mention that i could have sent a ticket to try to resolve this problem, but the only solution would be to install the mapper.
dose this mean that i would have received the mapper for free and that as this is the only workable solution that all those with
the same problem are infact entitled to the mapper????

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 3:23 pm
getafix wrote :
dose this mean that i would have received the mapper for free and that as this is the only workable solution that all those with

No, I did not say that at all. Our support team is here to assist you. We would have looked into your situation, assessed it and would have found a resolution. Some problems can be repaired on the spot, others need a bit more time.

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 3:43 pm
superaceman wrote :
getafix wrote :

No, I did not say that at all. Our support team is here to assist you. We would have looked into your situation, assessed it and would have found a resolution. Some problems can be repaired on the spot, others need a bit more time.

would be intrestied in knowing how the team could assist in altering defective mapping of the le version without the ability to enter the configuration settings ????
as im sure would others that had the same problems

as i say i would have most likely bought the pro version anyway, but im sure there is still some out there that had this problem
and had to resort to other ways of getting the mapper, and came against the wall of criticism for not having paid for a licence

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 4:20 pm
superaceman wrote :
others need a bit more time.

You would probably get an update of LE eventually, if their is a real problem that can't be fixed any other way. As always you would need to be registered to get it though...

What I said about everyone being a crackhead, it's only ones who ask how to change something their version doesn't entitle them to. But I will help anyone who has an interesting question everytime, no matter what their status, and I'll help more often than not if someone is polite and shows a little initiative in finding a solution.

However anyone who could afford the software asking a question like "how do I set up my soundcard with my cdj1000's and djm800 I have vdj pro" is getting no help from me, they can clearly afford the purchase price and in saying they have pro are admitting to having a pirated copy. They have the ability to search the forum, but are too lazy to find any of the past threads with solutions, or even consult the sound config manual or check the wiki.

/offtopic

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 4:46 pm
synthet1c wrote :
superaceman wrote :
others need a bit more time.

You would probably get an update of LE eventually, if their is a real problem that can't be fixed any other way. As always you would need to be registered to get it though...

What I said about everyone being a crackhead, it's only ones who ask how to change something their version doesn't entitle them to. But I will help anyone who has an interesting question everytime, no matter what their status, and I'll help more often than not if someone is polite and shows a little initiative in finding a solution.

However anyone who could afford the software asking a question like "how do I set up my soundcard with my cdj1000's and djm800 I have vdj pro" is getting no help from me, they can clearly afford the purchase price and in saying they have pro are admitting to having a pirated copy. They have the ability to search the forum, but are too lazy to find any of the past threads with solutions, or even consult the sound config manual or check the wiki.

/offtopic

i hear what ur saying, but some of us cant afford to pay out for what was to me expensive equipment (i am an a verry low income)
and then have to cough up £120 to get use of something i was told would work perfectly straight out of the box. i was lucky that i
was able to risk putting the price onto my credit card for a few weeks. i even asked the retailer to refund the mixer or swap it for a
hercules rmx only to be told the problem is not with the hardware but with the software. witch is infact correct.
i play on an internet radio and a lot of the dj's cant even afford a midi mixer so would have been well stuck if they had saved up to find
that they had to find more money....
i do think that in the case of an le version not working as it should to the extent that the hardware is rendered unuseable that
providing a mapper is the least that could be done. as the le version is bundled as a working program and in the case of the vms4
was most likely given away to promote virtual dj software....

i like others dont agree with forum members useing cracked copys and would not help someone that i new was useing such
a copy. but as you can see from my profile i did indeed have a vdj vms4 le code and did register it. i have also not given the mapper
to a member knowing that he dose not have the pro version but do feel that he should have had the right to a working version

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 5:15 pm
sorry I was just speaking gererally, I thought you were speaking about the forums attitude towards NLU's not specific to your situation... Your only course of action in your circumstances is to contact support of both vdj and American Audio, but I would say its more AA's fault than atomix as the vms4 was a shoddy disaster from other users opinions and feedback.

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 5:52 pm
my post was discussing both the problem with vdj le not being mapped properly and the way nlu are treated
i know the vms4 has had issues with the mic line and that aa are highly guilty for not resolving the issue properly,
instead opting to release the vms4.1 but the le version mapping is a result of not being programed properly or
fully testied. was it ever given a proper beta testing??? but aa are not the software developer this is down to vdj
and nothing to do with hardware. you dont see people blaming packard bell or hewlet packard for the windows vista flaws

but my other point was that the way nlu get treated on here is not verry friendly and in a lot of cases would turn
users off from investing in the pro licence. i know a lot of friends much prefer traktor and always criticise the forum here.
i personally would take the abuse given to have what i consider a much more user friendly mixing setup on vdj.
but i do think having the same rep as soulseek for harsh treatment of users dose the forum and the whole virtualdj name
a great deal of harm and should be addressed and such treatment discouraged.

i cant be the only pro user that thinks this way surely????

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 7:00 pm
i want to see multi coloured wave forms like in tractor scratch and the gator fx and some others more for apple would be great to and rework the time code to get better quality scratching would be great to compare serato. ps the cup holder with thirst detection is a great idea....

geposted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 11:49 am
dj_d_crayz wrote :
i want to see multi coloured wave forms like in tractor scratch

Can sompone PLEASE explain to me what advantage these coloured waveforms give?

I use my ears to mix, not my eyes, and last time I looked at someone using them in Traktor it appeared to be a random jumble of colours that looked awful.

Keith

geposted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 12:08 pm
dj_d_crayz wrote :
i want to see multi coloured wave forms like in tractor scratch and the gator fx and some others more for apple would be great to and rework the time code to get better quality scratching would be great to compare serato. ps the cup holder with thirst detection is a great idea....

I use vinyl timecodes and I'd say it is just as good as Serato. Read this is might help, http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/146709/General_Discussion/Perfect_Timecodes__.html?page=1
And truthfully Traktor will dust Serato when it comes to timecoded vinyl........

Holla if you need anything
Huey

geposted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 12:40 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
dj_d_crayz wrote :
i want to see multi coloured wave forms like in tractor scratch

Can sompone PLEASE explain to me what advantage these coloured waveforms give?

I use my ears to mix, not my eyes, and last time I looked at someone using them in Traktor it appeared to be a random jumble of colours that looked awful.

Keith

TruWave frequency-specific colored waveforms for a new experience in mixing. I can choose layouts to define my waveform highs and lows, kicks and snares. This somewhat mirrors the Serato Scratch Live or Itch layout but goes even further with the ability to choose your color scheme. Its not a huge deal but it would be nice to have and also just one more thing vdj has to compare a make vdj just that much better then anything els. If they dont add it no big deal just a thought.

geposted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 8:55 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
dj_d_crayz wrote :

I use vinyl timecodes and I'd say it is just as good as Serato. Read this is might help, http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/146709/General_Discussion/Perfect_Timecodes__.html?page=1
And truthfully Traktor will dust Serato when it comes to timecoded vinyl........

Holla if you need anything
Huey

I totally agree with you Tractor will dust Serato but on the same note Tractor will dust vdj as well i just want them to remove that problem from the equation lol if possible i am only suggesting thing i think would be good to do and have to improve vdj.

geposted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 9:00 pm
the ability to move the beat marks on the basic vdj skin i recon would be a big advantage to those that are new to useing this
kind of software. the marks are not in the right place about 30-40% of the time and it confuses new users when they try to
do there first mix useing the beat markers and it sounds way out. i know a lot of lads on the radio i play for have given up
and not stuck with it as they cant get there heads round beat counting and beat matching.
i was able to alter the beat markers myself when i first used vdj. now im more experianced i no longer have to use the
markers and do it mostly by ear. but the ability to alter the markers on the fly would have been a big help to get startied
with...

geposted Tue 13 Dec 11 @ 5:01 pm
@getafix.. I am only telling you this inside secret because you are a PRO! LOL ;-P

just right click the "bpm tap" button on the default skin, or map an encoder using "adjust_cbg" or "edit_bpm" on a button/key to open the window to do it with your mouse

geposted Tue 13 Dec 11 @ 5:29 pm
lol never new that, i used the right click on file name method but i recon the ability to do it with the buttons i have on one of djdads skins is a great way that is so easy to youse it would make new users cope better with out of line bpm markers and therefore more chance of them
becomeing licenced yousers ;)

now though threw practice and patience i only change the markers when i get a bpm drift during a track to even it out :)

geposted Wed 14 Dec 11 @ 4:39 am
i hope that the new VDJ8 have a full compatibility with lion.. because i have a problem with Eq (a clicking sound) in lion.. :(

geposted Wed 14 Dec 11 @ 5:12 am
61%