Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Karaoke Feature Requests - Page: 7

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Another thing: if I drag a song into the deck (because that singer is next, not the track at the top which has already been played), VirtualDJ removes the singer's name from the Karaoke list.

In fact, if VirtualDJ would just load the next UNPLAYED track into the karaoke deck, that would be fantastic. :)

geposted Fri 03 Feb 17 @ 3:38 am

geposted Sun 16 Jul 17 @ 1:19 pm
This thread was started about a year and a half ago. People have made request and complaints. Atomix response is we are working on it. As far as I can tell a grade school implementation of a singer rotation display and history were added. I guess just to say they did something rather than nothing.

The way it is now is bad and I don't know that anyone (even Atomix) can say otherwise. Easy to see numerous problems and I have not tried very much. This I hope is seen as constructive criticism and could detail the points but it should be obvious to anyone.

geposted Tue 01 Aug 17 @ 7:43 pm
Don Moir wrote :
This thread was started about a year and a half ago. People have made request and complaints. Atomix response is we are working on it. As far as I can tell a grade school implementation of a singer rotation display and history were added. I guess just to say they did something rather than nothing.

The way it is now is bad and I don't know that anyone (even Atomix) can say otherwise. Easy to see numerous problems and I have not tried very much. This I hope is seen as constructive criticism and could detail the points but it should be obvious to anyone.

+1

geposted Wed 02 Aug 17 @ 7:19 am
Drew-b-do wrote :
I would love to see these upgrades added to VDJ. I haven't done karaoke much over the past few years, as I have been focused on DJ-ing. However, in 2016, I'm interested in starting it up. If I do, I would pay for the karaoke ContentUnlimited subscription, as I really don't want to drag around my box full of CD+G binders again like "back in the day".

Karma appeared to be the best, most user-friendly of all the systems for professional "working" KJ hosts I researched, and has many of the upgrades mentioned earlier in this thread. If VDJ will add the items mentioned in this thread, you would gain a monthly subscriber from me (and probably many others), as well as getting some of the business from people using PCDJ, Karma, COmpuhost, etc.

It may be too late. Right now the only things that are steering me to VirtualDJ over PCDJ DEX 3 Pro is the fact that I can easily move from my main laptop to my backup laptop without losing any of the songs that I have access to whether it be on my personal hard drive or from subscription, the scroller text and Ask the DJ. Otherwise VirtualDJ is actually behind PCDJ DEX when it comes down to karaoke.

geposted Sat 06 Jul 19 @ 2:03 am
I actually put some time into developing a "Karaoke Plus" plugin for VDJ that would provide all of these necessary standard features, back as far as 5. Unfortunately the project stalled when I found out the plugin architecture didn't support drag and drop of tracks from the browser, and if 7's API supported it, it wasn't documented. From this developer's perspective, that was a deal breaker for the experience I wanted to provide. (Building a separate search window with a separately maintained database just didn't make sense.)

I like that the new features in 8 allow a fully customizable "Next Up" screen. This does show progress.

I like that Karaoke Cloud can be accessed directly through VDJ with subscription. Too bad they don't offer a catalog that's useful for a working KJ (at least in the USA--I infer their catalog is different overseas).

[Disclaimer: the rest of this post is going to sound like an advertisement, even though it isn't. It's just a demonstration of what people can do with good stuff at their disposal.]

I now subscribe to KaraFun and use their software as my provider, which has all of the major features requested in this thread. It also gives me the capability to write my own software to do whatever I want with the singer and queue information--on top of the out of the box stuff like mobile catalog, mobile request, and mobile viewing of the queue. It's like the karaoke version of the DJ features in VDJ8.

Their open WebSocket API gave me the power to take my show to the next level. With track data and status updates I incorporated into OBS (Open Broadcast Studio), I can not only show the singer queue locally, I can stream my performers live and give them a video caption and everything. If you're curious, you can see the end result at https://www.facebook.com/DyingCats/videos

I would love if all these requested features got incorporated into VDJ. But for me, I've found a better way. Perhaps it's okay that VDJ focuses on being the best DJ program out there--as long as I've got a great KJ program to do that other part of my show. I suppose there's something to be said for separation of interests.

I love Virtual DJ...when I'm DJing.

geposted Sat 06 Jul 19 @ 7:10 am
elindsey wrote :
Perhaps it's okay that VDJ focuses on being the best DJ program out there--as long as I've got a great KJ program to do that other part of my show.

I agree entirely. There is a saying - "Jack of all trades, master of none". People should not expect one piece of software to be fully featured in every area.

We're lucky that VDJ is so versatile already, but expecting it to be perfect at everything is a bit too much IMO.

geposted Sat 06 Jul 19 @ 7:27 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
"quote=groovindj"
We're lucky that VDJ is so versatile already, but expecting it to be perfect at everything is a bit too much IMO.
"/quote"

It's so versatile implementation of some missing or exotic features can be done by script and/or plugin out of VDJ development

but "Singer" and "KeyChange" are the only fields currently not possible to alter by script - as far as i know
Once it will be possible, there would be no reason somebody can't implement a singer rotation
There is no reason to ask VDJ team to do all the job not directly VDJ related

i.e.: I already have an alpha version of automated karaoke... almost working written in vdjscript only
- AsktheDJ -> search for song -> add to karaoke list - working for the song only
- OSD for next comming during last 45secs for next singer to come
- OSD while karaoke video skin for waiting for next singer
- Auto start of next song
- OSD for need some song if list is empty

This have been possible to implement only since update b5003, the proof they are somehow working on

But currently no way to set anything to Singer and KeyChange fields in tracks in karaoke list or tracks searched list by script
If AskTheDJ answer and reply were also accessible by script - or documented if already possible - all of the major features requested & talked about in this thread would be possible.

"to quote elindsey" It also would gives people the capability to write their own script to do whatever they want with the singer and queue information--on top of the out of the box stuff like mobile catalog, mobile request, and mobile viewing of the queue...

geposted Sat 06 Jul 19 @ 10:59 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)