Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Ableton Link - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

ugabugaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Any plans to build Ableton Link into VDJ. It's available in Serato,

I'd also love to see improvements made to the Midi clock output and better VST plugin implementation

Maybe you could make VDJ run as plugin inside any DAW.

geposted Tue 11 Apr 17 @ 4:05 pm
ugabuga wrote :
It's available in Serato

....and Traktor.

geposted Tue 11 Apr 17 @ 4:55 pm
ugabuga wrote :
I'd also love to see improvements made to the Midi clock output

I've used LoopBe1 for this. Works pretty good with VDJ

ugabuga wrote :
...and better VST plugin implementation

In what way? have you found any limitations in the current implementation?

geposted Tue 11 Apr 17 @ 7:06 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
ugabuga wrote :
Any plans to build Ableton Link into VDJ

I've had a quick play with it and have established a link session with another app and had that app sync playback with VDJ. I'll look into this more :)

geposted Wed 12 Apr 17 @ 1:26 am
Hello,

any Updates on this?

geposted Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 12:37 pm
Can we at least get some reassuring news that their are at least plans to bring in Abelton link? Please Please PLeeeeeease?! It's due time to finally free my iphone apps to sync to my VDJ on Windows through Abelton link! It has to happen soon, if you don't want to fall too far behind competition and it's right there for you to take advantage of. I really think you should "put this on the front burner" (if you haven't already), before a lot of people get sick of the wait and start thinking about switching software. We can't all wait much longer, as app after app start using abelton link, opening new and exciting possibilities. I know these things take time but at least knowing that "the ball is rolling" on that feature addition, would make it easier to be patient in the mean time.

P.S. I love that Spotify has finally filled the vacuum left by grooveshark. I wish tracks loaded faster though.

geposted Thu 06 Jul 17 @ 12:43 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I am interested in this too. Working on some new projects and even Resolume supports this now.

geposted Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 1:41 pm
Scott (SBDJ) was looking into it back in April - but I think the main issue with adding it to VDJ will be that Link doesn't have a master or a slave. Any Link app can change the tempo, and the other apps will follow.

VDJ on the other hand, insists on being the master. Atomix would need to add the ability to slave, so that other Link apps could send tempo changes to VDJ.

geposted Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 6:30 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Makes perfect sense, I could see how that would be an issue for VDJ. Thanks for the intel.

geposted Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 2:40 pm
jsongerPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I was thinking about this and how about the idea of a pseudo-master.

Some other app changes the tempo and VDJ gets the message then immediately sends the message to change it back and resync.

geposted Tue 31 Oct 17 @ 1:02 pm
Now Resolume has added Link.

geposted Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 12:47 pm

geposted Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 2:19 pm
VDJ & REWIRE have been broken for quit sometime now, not sure if it’ll ever get fixed.....

geposted Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 1:58 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Just gave it a try with FL Studio and Rewire seems to be working fine here.

geposted Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 2:37 pm
I can’t get it to work with Reason and VDJ anymore. I’ve mentioned it before but it just got passed up I guess.

I’ll pull the pc out and try again tonight

geposted Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 5:45 pm
VDJ "Midi clock output" is not stable for me. I use with Resolume. Regularly lost sync... :-(
The solution is "Ableton Link"... I think ;-)

geposted Sat 03 Feb 18 @ 12:39 pm
astroger wrote :
VDJ "Midi clock output" is not stable for me. I use with Resolume. Regularly lost sync... :-(
The solution is "Ableton Link"... I think ;-)

Same here....... Link please.

geposted Mon 05 Feb 18 @ 3:55 am
I could use Ableton Link Support too.

geposted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 5:02 pm
Ableton link and I would quit asking for remix decks...lol

geposted Sat 14 Apr 18 @ 2:31 am
Would love to see Ableton Link in VDJ 8.2 / VDJ 2018

greatings,Dirk

geposted Fri 06 Jul 18 @ 4:24 pm
32%