Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Music stopping randomly - Page: 1
I'm sure this kind of thing is posted often but using the newest version of virtual, drivers updated, brand new computer...audio keeps stopping on my ddj sb2 and on the laptop (specially on the left deck) sporadically. Connected to another laptop (and changed usb cable) and getting the same issue. Safe to assume my controller is going/gone?

geposted Wed 10 Apr 19 @ 12:43 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Check with
https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Odd that you say it's the left side going, I suppose you could have a damaged unit, perhaps setup a dualdeck automix to test the unit "hands off"

geposted Wed 10 Apr 19 @ 1:03 am
Yah from what I remember it seems to only be on the left deck...have a 3 hour auto mix going and it has stopped a couple times...on the left deck...

geposted Wed 10 Apr 19 @ 1:12 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
So..... [trying to rule out a mechanical fault] you're not touching the unit, the unit isn't subject to vibration,

it's always the left side and latencymon checks ok?

you say stopped, do you mean actually [track] stopped or just the sound cutting out?

geposted Wed 10 Apr 19 @ 1:23 am
Yup, setting stable on a table...im not touching at all, haven't check latencymon yet but 8 gig of ram with the only software running being virtual...i7 processor...will run latencymon next

geposted Wed 10 Apr 19 @ 1:26 am
....track stops completely, will only start back up when I click play (play will not work for a period of time though....play button doesn't woek on controller or within the software)

geposted Wed 10 Apr 19 @ 1:29 am
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Perhaps a silly question but what if you run a two-deck automix without the controller?

geposted Wed 10 Apr 19 @ 3:32 pm
Found this thread on Google because I am having the same problem too. I have the DDJ-SZ and the music has stopped 3 times randomly now. Once yesterday, and twice today. I updated firmware and drivers after the second time, and it just now happened a third time. Never had this problem before on my laptop. The DDJ is plugged in and running, but I've been using the mouse to hit the play buttons as I'm going through a long list of music and playing one by one.

To be clear, it's the music on the laptop that stops. I was playing a music video and the music and video both just stopped.

I'm going to unplug the DDJ for now and see if it happens again.

geposted Thu 11 Apr 19 @ 6:04 am
So it's the next day and I tried for a couple of hours to reproduce the problem with the DDJ unplugged from the laptop and WAS NOT able to replicate the issue. So I just plugged the DDJ back in and sure enough, on the third song, the exact same problem happened.

The issue:
A split second before the music stops, there is a bit of distortion, and the track just stops.
For a full second or maybe 2 seconds, the stop and play buttons don't function on screen (I'm using a mouse)
Just to make sure it's not the track, I play that section of the track again a few times and can never get the music to to stop again.

This is very concerning because now I can't trust the software to perform at a gig.

geposted Fri 12 Apr 19 @ 4:15 am
I have another update:

I've been running VDJ with the SSZ plugged in, but using the mouse to control the software. What I've been doing the last couple of days is going through a long list of songs that need their Genre corrected in their individual tags. So as I'm playing songs, I am throwing most files into virtual folders and some I am editing their tags right on the spot as the song is playing. I've gotten the issue to occur once when I had pulled the song over to a virtual folder and once when I pressed "Write Tag" after editing it.

*I think the issue might occur when a file is edited while it is being played.

Next I'll try and play some a few songs without moving any around or editing them while the DDJ is plugged in to see if the issue still occurs.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, in my case, I did use latencymon, and it said my laptop had no problem running live audio. I also tried using both decks with an automix for 10 songs and while not touching anything and I could not get the issue to reproduce (DDJ was plugged in).

geposted Fri 12 Apr 19 @ 5:49 am
PhilW wrote :
Perhaps a silly question but what if you run a two-deck automix without the controller?

No issues, have since upgraded my controller and have not run into any issues thus far. Ran two 4 hour automixes with the new rig and have not had an issue..... Gig tonight so will update after....believe it may have been my controller but this will be a good test

geposted Sat 13 Apr 19 @ 3:09 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Good to hear and good luck tonight.

geposted Sat 13 Apr 19 @ 4:43 pm
user17849598 wrote :
PhilW wrote :

No issues, have since upgraded my controller and have not run into any issues thus far. Ran two 4 hour automixes with the new rig and have not had an issue..... Gig tonight so will update after....believe it may have been my controller but this will be a good test

What controller did you get because I am still having the same issue you had with my DDJ-SZ

geposted Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 1:31 am
ViclusPRO SubscriberMember since 2015
Was having the exact same issue, What I discovered at least with my system. Pioneer DDJ 1000 SRT, HP pavillion 15. Pioneer controller does not like USB 3, Switched to a USB 2 port and problem solved. That was it, Stems work perfectly, didn't have to change latency, Just swapped USB ports

geposted Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 3:15 pm
Same issue with Denon MC7000.

I have 2 of these units. One is a backup that has barely seen any time on the road. The other is my "daily driver" Before replacing my laptop, I updated all drivers, software, etc. The old machine was a Win 10 laptop.
I have since replaced the laptop with a supercharged Alienware with PLENTY of resources to keep things running smoothly. Same issue occurs.

I've removed the external drive and have played the tracks directly from the laptop. Same issue.

I have switched controllers, same issue.
I've replaced all of the USB cables going from PC to controller and on the ext drive as well. Same issue.

When I play the tracks JUST on my laptop, there is no issue. Now I would normally say at this point that it's a sound card issue within the unit itself but this is happening to Pioneer users as well. So that begs the question, is this a virtual DJ specific issue?

Wedding #3 and I've had the music stop dead in it's tracks. What are we doing to fix this undeniably deadly bug?

geposted Mon 25 Jul 22 @ 4:29 am
prymetymeenter wrote :
is this a virtual DJ specific issue?

No, because for every one person in this thread, there are probably thousands of others with no issues whatsoever.

For instance I use VDJ on an Alienware laptop, with both Denon and Pioneer equipment. I spend hours each week playing online streams with audio, video, samples, overlays, effects - and it works flawlessly.

geposted Mon 25 Jul 22 @ 4:54 pm
DDJ1000 STOPS RANDOMLY FOR ABOUT 5 SECS AND THEN STARTS BACK PLAYING ON MY HP PAVILLION BEATS AUDIO LAPTOP..... I USE THE SAME CONTROLLER OND MY OLDER TOSHIBA LAPTOP AND IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY.. STEMS AND ALLL.. HELP....

geposted Wed 27 Jul 22 @ 1:39 am
I do not know.

geposted Wed 27 Jul 22 @ 5:18 am
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Not sure if same/related but recently with ddj-1000 i am getting music pause/slow down waveforms stutter happens once every gig now, laptop Legion 5-15ACH6H Ryzen 7 16Gb ram, optimised for VDJ no other programs on it. Music on internal m.2 evo drive

geposted Sat 30 Jul 22 @ 2:05 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
prymetymeenter wrote :
Same issue with Denon MC7000.

I have 2 of these units. One is a backup that has barely seen any time on the road. The other is my "daily driver" Before replacing my laptop, I updated all drivers, software, etc. The old machine was a Win 10 laptop.
I have since replaced the laptop with a supercharged Alienware with PLENTY of resources to keep things running smoothly. Same issue occurs.

I've removed the external drive and have played the tracks directly from the laptop. Same issue.

I have switched controllers, same issue.
I've replaced all of the USB cables going from PC to controller and on the ext drive as well. Same issue.

When I play the tracks JUST on my laptop, there is no issue. Now I would normally say at this point that it's a sound card issue within the unit itself but this is happening to Pioneer users as well. So that begs the question, is this a virtual DJ specific issue?

Wedding #3 and I've had the music stop dead in it's tracks. What are we doing to fix this undeniably deadly bug?

I had loads of issues with that controller, ok on older laptop but newer ones no good. Denon not updated drivers or firmware for many years.

geposted Sat 30 Jul 22 @ 2:12 pm
74%