Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Denon HC-4500 and Windows 10 - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I know this is not just a VDJ issue, but since I use VDJ 2018 I'm hoping to get help. I have the old Denon HC-4500 midi controller and it has always worked flawlessly with Windows 7, I recently updated one of my laptops to Windows 10. I have downloaded the latest firmware and drivers for the controller and I still can not get any audio. The other functions work (load, play, pitch adjust, etc.) Just no audio, strange thing is it works on all my other laptops with Windows 7.

And yes I have done a lot of research to see if I could get an answer before posting this. Now granted I only use the HC4500 for club gigs, any help is appreciated, thanks.

geposted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 2:35 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
 Best Answer HC-4500 does not allow you to use it in 4 channel out UNLESS it is set in 16 bits. Can use any sample rate (up to 96KHz but in 16 bits).
Windows by default try at 48KHz sample rate and 24 bits and this can just allow the HC-4500 to work in stereo using channels 1-2 only.

Check this to set this HC-4500 as needed:

I have HC-4500 working with VirtualDJ 2021. The issue with the HC-4500 rely in the lack of updated ASIO drivers, but you can use it this way. However I rely in an external audio interface with this setup (better audio quality).

geposted Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 12:56 pm[ selected best answer by acw_dj on Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 1:30 pm ]
So does that mean it will work with the wasabi drivers and not the HC-4500 drivers. The other day when I was having the issues, I tried to change the audio settings on the drop down in VDJ, when I did that, VDJ just shut down, very odd.

geposted Mon 24 Jun 19 @ 3:07 pm
Try Build 5003

geposted Tue 25 Jun 19 @ 5:28 pm
That's the build I'm using. I even had a Denon tech on the phone, he can't figure it out. What this tells me, the denon hc-4500 does not work with Windows 10

geposted Wed 26 Jun 19 @ 8:53 pm
I have same issue with denon asio driver on windows 10. in (build 5003) (build 5045) I roll back on (build 4787) work fine whit denon asio driver.

remember on build 5045 vdj no longer support denon asio driver.

geposted Wed 26 Jun 19 @ 9:05 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
5046 should work fine using wasapi

geposted Wed 26 Jun 19 @ 9:58 pm
Adion in (build 5046) still same for me, in wasapi mode only work 2 out instead 4 out

any other users have same issue? or its only me.. :)
thank you..

geposted Fri 28 Jun 19 @ 4:52 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you check the device settings in windows?
For 4 channels, it should be set to 16-bit 44.1kh, and speaker setup set to 4 speakers

geposted Fri 28 Jun 19 @ 5:09 pm
How do you rolleback to a previous version and do you loose all your history and settings

geposted Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 1:12 am
jeffrey_mcmillan wrote :
How do you rolleback to a previous version and do you loose all your history and settings

Download from here, and simply install on top
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html
If that doesn't work rename the virtualdj exe file before you do it
You won't loose anything if you are going back just a few builds

geposted Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 11:19 am
SDDJ1PRO SubscriberMember since 2017
Right click on VDJ icon, go to compatibility and check off "run as Win 7". Never had a problem running VDJ this way. Of course, until now with the Asio deal... that's another whole story.

geposted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 10:14 pm
I found all of this out the hard way last night at a gig - setting up for a wedding. Upon launching VDJ, I accepted the updated software like I have for years. Then it would not run with my HC-4500 connected.

I had to first figure out how to roll back software (I have never done it before), go online with my hotspot, and re-install . . . all while guests were showing up for dinner. I was playing music off my backup computer running VDJ out of the headphone jack. Luckily the rollback worked and I was back online before end of dinner . . but it was a bit stressful for sure.

I haven't had a single problem with my HC-4500, Denon ASIO driver, in at least 6-7 years . . . until last night.

geposted Sun 08 Sep 19 @ 11:42 pm
Hope this might help anyone dealing with the HC4500 no audio issue on channel 3 & 4 on WASAPI. I looked at multiple threads for Win 7 and Win 10 and got some clues (I'm on Win 7). Solution go to VDJ - Options type 'Sample' in the Search Bar, select Sample Rate and change it from 48000 to 44100 (even though the sample rate was 'Automatic' for some reason it hadn't changed. Also follow all of the other advice elsewhere on this forum... USB 2 not 3, WASAPI not ASIO, Exclusive Audio Access - Yes etc.

geposted Mon 13 Apr 20 @ 7:50 am
Benfleet wrote :
Hope this might help anyone dealing with the HC4500 no audio issue on channel 3 & 4 on WASAPI. I looked at multiple threads for Win 7 and Win 10 and got some clues (I'm on Win 7). Solution go to VDJ - Options type 'Sample' in the Search Bar, select Sample Rate and change it from 48000 to 44100 (even though the sample rate was 'Automatic' for some reason it hadn't changed. Also follow all of the other advice elsewhere on this forum... USB 2 not 3, WASAPI not ASIO, Exclusive Audio Access - Yes etc.

If this works, you are a genius!
I just upgraded to win 10 pro and I'm not getting any sound out of channels 3&4 with my beloved HC-4500 with VDJ v 2021.
I will try this setting and check back in.

UPDATE: It was set to 44100 and I still can not get any sound out of channels 3 & 4. I really hope I can get this resolved. I don't want to have to go back to v2020.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 1:55 pm
Adion wrote :
For 4 channels, it should be set to 16-bit 44.1kh, and speaker setup set to 4 speakers

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 2:13 pm
groovindj wrote :
Adion wrote :

I'll try. Thanks!

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 2:14 pm
This is what you need to get to...

Easiest way is via the old style Control Panel (Press Windows Start and just type control), then Sound, then select the HC4500 and click Configure.

Best not to have the 4500 set as Windows default either.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 2:21 pm
I'm still unable to get sound out of channels 3 & 4. I have a feeling it's a v 2021 issue. I never had any problems with v2020 or prior versions. This is weird!

Thanks for trying.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 2:33 pm
You're using WASAPI yes? Do you still have Denon drivers on the system? Try removing them.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 2:39 pm
83%