Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: New Computer - Big Problems - Page: 2
Like I said previously it could be a combination of things, but Windows 11 seems to be the common denominator here.

geposted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 10:11 am
Well Windows 11 is the current OS from Microsoft.

Since it was released, computers will have it preinstalled, so of course it will be common.

That doesn't mean it's the cause.

geposted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 10:17 am
Well it's a difference of opinion of course so no point going back and forth.

I tried three new gaming type machines and they were all windows 11 and all had massive problems with latency and sound distorting or cutting off. Bad luck?

geposted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 10:21 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Bad luck?

Must be, because the one and only gaming PC I bought works flawlessly pretty much out of the box (although I did turn off the fairy lights).

geposted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 10:31 am
As I said be good to get some input from the dev team as it does involve VDJ and there have many similar posts in the past few months.

geposted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 11:56 am
I think what we need is more detail from Palladium.

What else is installed on the Alienware? Assuming the Rane One uses ASIO, what buffer settings are being used? Has any adjustment of buffer size been attempted? Has a latency checker been run for diagnosis?

It was mentioned that the "same settings" were used as on the Samsung. What settings? As they're not identical laptops, some of those settings might not be appropriate.

geposted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 1:33 pm
Palladium wrote :
I have a Rane One and I've been struggling along with a little Samsung Computer with 16 gigs of RAM. It does ok but it isn't the greatest.

So, I decided to pull the trigger on something better and bought a new Alienware m18 with 64 gigs of RAM.

This should kick butt like nothing else, right?

Nope. So far, it sounds like garbage. It stutters and stammers, the music freezes up, it makes these horrid flanging sounds - total disaster.

I've replicated the same settings as on the Samsung laptop - which works fine!

Where do I start trying to figure this out?!? It's sure not what I expected.

Help is appreciated.

try with and without exclusive access to sound card, check latency, as just because you have new computer does not mean you have less latency 'for whatever reason'. The new laptop might have software "sharing the output", If you are using GPU to compute anything it may be the issue. If it is something that develops over a period of time increase cooling. good luck.

geposted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 8:34 pm