Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Vst plugins - Page: 1
Does the version of Virtual dj I have support Vst Plugins?

geposted Sat 23 Mar 24 @ 10:26 pm
all versions support VST plugins

geposted Sat 23 Mar 24 @ 10:37 pm
Ok thanks wheres the best place to get them?

geposted Sat 23 Mar 24 @ 11:38 pm
just google Free VST plugins you will find endless links

geposted Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 12:36 am
How do I install them once I've downloaded?

geposted Sun 31 Mar 24 @ 7:47 pm
I don't have a Virtual dj Sound effects folder to install the plugin. So what do I supposed to do create one then what?

geposted Sun 31 Mar 24 @ 8:07 pm

geposted Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 10:32 am
I still cant get the plugin to install. I have Virtual Dj Installed in Program Files. I dont see any sound effects .dll in any folder.

geposted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 5:14 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
in options there's a gear icon in the bottom right corner, click it. That will take you to the vdj home folder.

geposted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 5:28 am
user27178010 wrote :
the plugin

It would help if you gave us the name of the VST rather than just calling it "the plugin".

If it's new then it's possibly VST3, which is not a DLL file, and gets installed to a default system folder. You then set VDJ to look at that folder.

geposted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 9:37 am
I went to options. I remember back in the day to install.dll files was so easy you could just create a folder in Virtual dj and drag it there now it's different. The .dll file is called TAL Reverb. I can't get it to work.

geposted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 5:31 pm
locodog wrote :
in options there's a gear icon in the bottom right corner, click it. That will take you to the vdj home folder.

I don't think you understand what I'm talking about. You told me to do that then what do?

geposted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 5:33 pm
user27178010 wrote :
[quote=locodog]in options there's a gear icon in the bottom right corner, click it. That will take you to the vdj home folder.

I don't think you understand what I'm talking about. You told me to do that then what do I do? I thought it was gonna give me a option to insert the .dll file to Virtual DJ.

geposted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 5:43 pm
OK now we know it's TAL Reverb. You don't say which version so I'll assume 4, which (having just downloaded and checked) contains both old format VST2 (dll) and new VST3 - which is the one to install.

Follow the instructions in the zip file then add the path of the VST3 directory to VDJ.

geposted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 5:43 pm
Ok so I have to create a folder in the Virtual DJ path and zip it there and it should show up in Virtual DJ?

geposted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 5:48 pm
groovindj wrote :
OK now we know it's TAL Reverb. You don't say which version so I'll assume 4, which (having just downloaded and checked) contains both old format VST2 (dll) and new VST3 - which is the one to install.

Follow the instructions in the zip file then add the path of the VST3 directory to VDJ.

Is that a pretty good Reverb? I don't know how to set the factory reverb to put out the sound I'm looking for

geposted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 5:54 pm
user27178010 wrote :
Ok so I have to create a folder in the Virtual DJ path and zip it there and it should show up in Virtual DJ?

No, you don't need to do any of that. Follow the instructions.

geposted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 6:07 pm
Ok I still don't get it. Someone should make a video on this. That video that the other dj sent didn't solve my problem.

geposted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 7:38 pm
VSTs are also covered in the manual.

I don't see how you can go wrong. There's an install program in the TAL Reverb zip. There are instructions in the zip.

geposted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 8:06 pm
I still haven't figured how to install these plugins.
Can someone point me to a video to watch or something. I had read in the instructions it doesn't show how to install it in virtual d.

geposted Sun 14 Apr 24 @ 1:04 pm
71%