Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Vst plugins - Page: 2

geposted Sun 14 Apr 24 @ 3:17 pm
That video is outdated. VSTs are not DLL files any more, and it's also not necessary to copy files to the VDJ folder.

The VST installer will put the file in the required directory. The procedure for adding the directory to VDJ is in the VDJ manual.

geposted Sun 14 Apr 24 @ 3:31 pm
groovindj wrote :
That video is outdated. VSTs are not DLL files any more, and it's also not necessary to copy files to the VDJ folder.

The VST installer will put the file in the required directory. The procedure for adding the directory to VDJ is in the VDJ manual.

VST 2 Still works and they do still exist :-)

geposted Sun 14 Apr 24 @ 5:36 pm
I'm aware of that, but the particular VST this user downloaded has a VST3 included, so.......there's no need for a DLL and no need to copy files anywhere.

geposted Sun 14 Apr 24 @ 6:21 pm
wickedmix wrote :
groovindj wrote :

VST 2 Still works and they do still exist :-)

Thanks as long as I can get a Vst to work is all that matters. I haven't used any since I downloaded this software. What's up with the Reverb in Virtual DJ? Maybe Im doing something wrong but I don't like the sound of it. I tried adjusting it but I can't get a sound I like. Idk

geposted Mon 15 Apr 24 @ 2:49 pm
groovindj wrote :
I'm aware of that, but the particular VST this user downloaded has a VST3 included, so.......there's no need for a DLL and no need to copy files anywhere.

I don't understand Vst or Vs3. I'm thinking the 3 means newer. Whenever I downloaded that file and installed it. I went back and looked in Virtual dj effects and it wasn't there. I saw all the others though. Brake, Backspin ........ But not that one. So it doesn't automatically put it in there. I don't know if I have to turn on or off some settings. I'm familiar with this stuff also. We had Atomix a long time ago and we just dragged the file in the effects folder and it would appear. This version isn't as easy like it use to be

geposted Mon 15 Apr 24 @ 9:54 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
setting vstFxFolder

geposted Mon 15 Apr 24 @ 10:13 pm
locoDog wrote :
setting vstFxFolder

Thanks

geposted Mon 15 Apr 24 @ 10:49 pm