Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: accredition - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

ikkeHome userMember since 2003
How can you let your accredition get higher ;-)?
On which facts is it based?

THX, ikke

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 12:33 pm
If you kiss lots of arse in this forum, especially the Atomix Team's hairy buns, you will become a Junior Member, or better... if your lips have that special touch.

If you don't kiss arse, and you have the audacity to point out a bug or problem with the program, you will forever remain a newbie.

Now, boy, pucker up those lips of yours.

~My RiGhT tO aNoNyMiTy~

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 1:53 pm
Do I have to say "Thanks" now? ;-)

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 1:55 pm
"My right to anonymity" ? In what way are you not anonymous anymore when you register ? It's just a nickname, nobody knows who you are. Nicknames only allow "discussions" with each other, so everybody knows who said this or that, etc...

About accredition, it goes up when you help other users out when they come into a problem with Atomix. This is what these forums are about.

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 2:58 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
pfff! Do I have really to comment this kind of anonymous answer ?

Your acreditation depends on your participation on the forums.

See Dj Corpse for example he was a member (cause he has been selected for beta test of the 2.0 version), but as he has worked a lot for us (specially in addons section) we have increase his level to DJ.

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 3:01 pm
Boy, i don't have any other choise but agree with my frined " My RiGhT tO aNoNyMiTy " thanks you, i don't know what atomix team is thinking about themselves, they are disrespectfull, i almost read all the messages, and have to say that Stephanie is the only person who give attention to you, the moderators can kiss my ass, i have no respect left to them,
Stephanie i think you have to do some fireing and hire better moderators.

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 3:05 pm
Do these accreditions serve a purpose? - The higher your accredition, the more likely you will be chosen for beta-testing?
And if there are any privileges to each level... what are they and in what order do these accreditions come in? (Newbie...JuniorMember... Member... ExperiencedMember... and then what?)

- Jim Nordic

(I want to know how much arse-kissing I need to do... ;) )

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 6:23 pm
I think Jim's question is a good one. Can one of the ops respond please?

Greetz, ikke

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 7:26 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The levels are

Poor Hacker - someone asking for cracks
Newbie - new in the forum
Junior Member - helped some users
Member - helped a lot of users
Experienced Member - knows AtomixMP3 very good, helps a lot
Power User - the Junkees!
DJ - part of the team, helps moderating and in service
Master DJ - a lot of work done, knows the prog very good
Lord of DJs - the disrespectfull idiots, trying to help wherever they can

Grand Master - needs no comment

For example:
Yan-X answered over 2500 messages written to the service, moderates almost any forum, is here every day, coded an effect, made skins and wallpapers.
Dams is the number two, came to the team not long ago and helped now over 1250 people writing to service, moderates almost any forum, (tries to) code an effect, created skins.
Risc helps alot in the background with coding and HTML.
CharlieDJ is here for all spanish users.
... and so on.

All of the teamers understand the idea of AtomixMP3 and all of us try to make it the best software available for mixing.

This is not arse kissing. :-)

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 8:08 pm
"All of the teamers understand the idea of AtomixMP3 and all of us try to make it the best software available for mixing."

Then why there's so much little improvements that could been easily done over year ago, but hasn't still been done?

(i'm referring to ACCURATE sliders&knobs and tap-bpm key that inputs the tapped bpm straight to the playing song without needing to go around playing with mouse too)
Oh yeah, there's the Fine Pitch keys, but now, does that solve the unaccurate EQ and other knobs problem? You gotta do something about the mouse interpreting!

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 10:01 pm
suggestion: if you can't increase the resolution for mouse (you can fix it by making a skin with 100 knob pictures though), then what about coding a fade for every step in the way?

Object: EQ Knob
Range: 0-20 (10 is +-0)
Mouse resolution: 20 pixels of movement (lol)
Step: +-1 for every move made with mouse

Q:Okay, you got a problem, you can't increase mouse resolution too big, cause it would not be suitable (for reasons i don't know)

A:When there's input from mouse, start fading from the knob position (doesn't show up in screen though) to the next position which is where user "moved the knob".. giving very accurate fade from knob position 0 to 1, so while user only moved mouse 1 pixel, program faded the EQ algorithm through "positions" 0 - 1 with say 0.01 stepping (100 steps)..

If that still would produce the crackling and gayness, i wonder wtf is wrong with the code......

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 10:10 pm
may i add, that works in THEORY, but to make it practically smooth is another thing.. i hope you know it. first problem is how quickly to fade between the steps without making too complex stuff?

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 10:17 pm
mama, I've been here for yonks and I try to help when I can, mainly in the technical asistance forum, but I've never gone up from 'newbie'...?

Is their a conspiracy? Must I contact Mulder & Scully....

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 10:40 pm
To ano: I look forward to see your skin with really big and easy to use EQ sliders! I thinks it´s very easy for you to create such a skin if you can explain it so detailled! :-))

Mixmaster: Did you already write to teamapply@atomixmp3.com? It´s the mail adress directly connected to the FBI headquarters! lol
No, joking! I think a problem is that we can´t see how often you help others until we have your autologin coded! Try to login everytime you´re here. It´s really fast if you enable IE´s autofill! (takes about 1 sec.)

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 11:36 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
now you're a junior member :)
Lol i really don't like this rank! but it is better than Newbie :))

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 11:43 pm
Good work Mixmaster. Keep going

Greetz, ikke

geposted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 8:56 am
Thanks Mama and Yan-X for the upgrade, I will login all the time henceforth, I've got auto-login in Windows turned on, so it really does only take a second to login. I'm often late for work when I write a message, so I tend to skip the login even though it's quick, but I'll do it anyway from now on. :)

Thanks Ikke, I'll try. I just hope all the arguing finishes in here soon, it is Christmas, after all.

Have a good one,

MiXmAsTeR

geposted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 2:20 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I sent about 54 messages helping others. I sent a greek language.xml. I promote the program to friends. I am working in Pionner cmx 5000 skin. I am a junior member. I dont care about it. I can do more because i like this and not for accredition. If you want to give me a price sent me the Nobel award...

geposted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 2:37 pm
Hey, mixalis got the spirit of the team! :-)

geposted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 3:31 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks mama. Make me GRAND MASTER LORD OF EVERYTHING now. 8-

geposted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 4:08 pm
59%