Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The BIG question! - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That's the real Irony of the question..., simply It doesn't realy matter, It's a question that most have fun with :), it's a question people might ask at a small social gathering in order to ease into and or inspire a deep conversation.

You have two ways to answer the question, have fun with it, or attempt to answer it correctly, for the most part the answers are funny, like I said before, every answer presents a reaction in oposition, and round and round it goes, now we seem to be meeting in the middle with answers like "BOTH" and answers like mine.

The answer to the question doesn't matter for most people :), because It's not so important, just interesting and fun, however If it does inspire or cause a deeper a conversation, you could even go round and round again, with an armchair discussion that ends with everyone getting tired, and no answers have been concluded.., or it ends up in a crazy arguement :).., everyone in the room involved in the discussion needs to approach the question carefully and take care with what they say, else it creates another BIG BANG!.

I happen to think what I said was true, and it is ultimately BOTH, both is the simple answer, anything more could get extremely complex, and I mean extremely complex.., That is when you set out to answer the question intelligentely and accurately, their is no end to how far you could go..

I will say that without God none of this has any basis, It simply wouldn't BE, we wouldn't be hear to answer it :).

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 3:11 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I have fun... yes "both" is the answer. But our arguments are very good. I like this forum, smart guys, funny guys, deep conversations, and silly too.

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 5:19 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
BOTH? Yeah, I guess both!

MadSound, you dumbfounded me with your observation that chickens have eggs inside them and eggs have chickens inside them. So simple, yet so true and overlooked. I just hadn't thought of that.

Related piece of trivia: Did you know that Paul Simon got his inspiration for the song "Mother and Child Reunion" from the menu of a Chinese restaurant describing a chicken and egg dish by the same name?

http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/mother.htm

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 3:39 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok this thread turned out be something I wouldn't have thought. Here's the real big question: If God or whatever created everything that everything evolved from, who/what created God? And don't answer he just IS because that's a tough debate. Although I guess from my studies, we are simply not capable of comprehending what God is. Sort of like a bunch of ants who can't comprehend automobiles or DJing. OK I'm done.

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 3:52 pm
DJEJ my friend,

We aren't here to save souls, and we don't really want to get into Religion here, It's the last place you'd expect to read about God, on the Virtual DJ forum, LOL.

However, a few of us mentioned it only because of the nature of the question. It's philosophy, and Religious philosophy for many.

Your question seems a bit young, and no I wouldn't answer that in the way you soposed, however your question is valid, but If you really cared to know you wouldn't be asking questions here! :).

I mean we could open up a VDJ Religious discussions forum, but that would be really funny :), Maybe It will happen in some years ;), It seems that figures have it that more people are going that way..

But for us all now to answer your question that would be that dangerous turning point in our discussion that I described in my post :).., Their are plenty of phiosophical websites, Religious websites, and probably good friends you can hit up on MSN to discuss these things..

Don't say I didn't warn you!, I would be happy to answer any questions on this subject, as I'm quite educated on the matter, Just wrong place..

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 4:22 pm
I feel the DJEJ commentary in other way. If we only could see the world with our limited resources. How can explain greater things?. The example for ants and DJing... think about it. How can you explain in ants words what is DJing? Ants don't know TTs, software, etc. We only can approach what it is but don't really explain it completely.

It's not about philosophy or Religion or our believes, is a fact. We couldn't explain what is in other "dimension" that we live, because the words, the things could be unknown and inexplicable in our world. How can you explain "deep" in a 2 dimension world where only have "large" and "wide"?

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 5:18 pm
Thanks acw_dj, you read it more the way I meant, it wasn't religious based. More existenialism. Anyway it was a fun conversation.

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 6:02 pm
MY POINT IS: WE CAN'T DO SUCH A QUESTION JUSTICE HERE! (WHICH IS NOW OBVIOUS)

Not really.., You just didn't like my answer.., I get your point about our limited comprehension and I agree that is true, but your asking questions that deserve more justice than I feel the members of this community can provide..

Quote:
"Here's the real big question: If God or whatever created everything that everything evolved from, who/what created God? And don't answer he just IS because that's a tough debate."

This was the part I was focussing on, of course your other point is true, and you talked about how ants would comprehend DJ software etc, that is a valid point, but again It doesn't hit the nail on the head, It doesn't define the real difference between Humans and other species, neither the difference between Humans and God.

I notice a certain few known members of this community didn't want to get involved with this one :), I might wish I didn't either, but I couldn't help myself, I would like to do the subject justice, but by going into exceptional detail about the facts of one Religion..I don't think would be welcome here. although I would love such a debate... I know it's not appropriate here.

I hope we are clear now, Peace.

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 7:35 pm
Nothing I see to yell about, relax

Peace

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 8:02 pm
Don't worry, not yelling just Emphasising ;).

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 8:32 pm
Im sorry guys I couldnt resist but I found the answer to the question

A chicken and egg are lying in bed. The chicken is smoking a cigarette, a satisfied smile on his face. The egg is frowning and looking a little ticked.

After a moment, the egg turns to the chicken and mutters, 'Well, I guess we finally answered that question.'

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 11:54 pm
What a perfect way to end this. Post Closed. Junebug nice job. Bagpuss we're cool. This forum is great sometimes.

geposted Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 1:10 am
Funny one... :-)

geposted Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 4:41 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
depends on the question. if the actual question is; 'what came first the chicken or the chicken egg' it has to be the chicken egg. This is because whatever is today defined as a chicken was first layed as an egg. if its parents were not defined as chickens individualy but the products of their genetic combination are. and obviously the first manifestation of this genetic information has to be the 'chicken egg' from which the first 'chicken' will be hatched.

bit of a late comer to this theread but hey im bored!

geposted Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 3:04 am
OK...To sum it up... The Egg... The Egg... The Egg Came first... New Question Which Comes First (1st) The "Fade" Or the "Mix"... Or another is What Comes 1st "The Body" Or "The Climax"...

Musically
ME

geposted Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 10:22 am
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The egg came first 'cause it's bald... :P

geposted Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 12:10 pm
Thanks for shedding some light on this forum guys..Great enthusiasm! As usual! The VDJ community rocks! Woot!
I personally think this: There was this duck kinda creature...they had this wild party after which another creature had sex with this duck. Now, the duck kinda thing got pregnant...and laid an egg! And out came a chicken! No one knew what it was..but it was different! Thats the story guys! any more comments are surely welcomE!
:))
DJ ADI

geposted Thu 20 Oct 05 @ 4:38 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
but this had to happen twice, because one chicken can not reproduce asexually. So the party was bigger then you thougt. Now these 2 chickens (of diffent sexes) hooked up and started a whole chicken revolution? I dunno sounds a little far fetched.

geposted Thu 20 Oct 05 @ 5:19 pm
All this talk about chicken is making me hungry, I'm going to waffletown and order chicken and eggs, I'll let you know which one comes first.

geposted Fri 21 Oct 05 @ 10:28 pm
Be careful of the bird flu.

geposted Fri 21 Oct 05 @ 10:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)