Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Gain going through the roof - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don't think I'd go modifying my files.
I used 2.02 for the first time at the Bar last night. There were NO GAIN issues 4 hours. (auto gain enabled, limiter disabled) I also ran it for 8 solid hours here at home yesterday afternoon just to be sure the new version was rock solid, and the XP sp2 upgrade didn't do any harm. 2.02 & sp2 seems rock solid.
I don't know what kind of problems you are battling, perhaps a more detailed explanation of your exact problem would help.

geposted Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 8:53 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I believe Sparsky problem is solved...

I may be wrong, but I think he didn't re-scan his files, upon re-scanning your fileing the gain is read and when a song is loaded the gain is stable, if the song isn't scanned their is usually a strange level on gain that s rapidly changing as it's being read.

this happens despite your current settings..

bagpuss :)

geposted Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 11:55 pm
SPARKYPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for your help guys.....problem solved. A change from USB 2 back to a USB 1 cable from my DJ Console solved it. Then I rescanned my files (god it takes ages!) and the gain monitor is BETTER THAN EVER.

Happy chappy

geposted Sat 11 Sep 04 @ 4:25 am
Since upgrading to 2.02 I now have the same problem SPARKY was having.
Gain goes up and down from +9 on one track to -10 on another.

Does anyone have instructions on how they set their gain up.
Should you set the gain to say -1 when only having loaded one track, then go into FAME setting and switch autogain on?
or should you have two tracks loaded first and individually set gain levels to each track before turning on Autogain?

any help would be appreciated as my volume levels are all over the place!

geposted Tue 14 Sep 04 @ 2:52 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
digimixer: did you read the advise that was directed to sparky?

It is more than likely that the information is in the previous responses to this post...

Auto gain ON, limiter OFF

RE-Scan all files...

set gain on ONE song wherever you feel appropiate (somewhere BELOW 0)

and load a secound song on the OTHER desk, the gain should now met the the level of the other song, as you continue to load songs the gain will constantely met the PREVIOUS song...

hope this helps :), if you continue to have the problem just post back here exactly what you have tried...

And I'll only be too glad to help ;).

geposted Tue 14 Sep 04 @ 3:03 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)