Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 2024 - Page: 2
user24625738 wrote :
Hi, I updated to this version (B8055) yesterday and noticed the Favs folder option is missing? Had found that option really handy. Is it located somewhere else?
Right click on any folder and select "set as favorite"

geposted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 7:14 am
Stephane Clavel wrote :
user24625738 wrote :
Hi, I updated to this version (B8055) yesterday and noticed the Favs folder option is missing? Had found that option really handy. Is it located somewhere else?

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way!!!

geposted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 8:43 am
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
- you can't add a subfolder to the yellow folder

force to switch to the Favorites folder

geposted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 8:57 am
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Benz Werner wrote :
Stephane Clavel wrote :
user24625738 wrote :

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way!!!

geposted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 9:06 am
Can someone explain how I'm using this software wrong?

I must be using it wrong because this update has just over complicated what use to be a very simple work flow.

I use to at the start of the week create playlists for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
My phone was synchronized the playlist forlder, so it'd copy the .m3u playlist and i could listen to the playlists and edit them through the week. Then when I plugged my phone in they copied back and VDJ would open them.

Now I'm creating a 4 MyLists, Exporting them for the phone, deleting the MyLists (or I end up with duplicates). Then re-importing and converting them back right before the start of the night.

How am I supposed to do it now because it isn't working.

--------------------------

I just realised a work around, just made a folder of .m3u files a favorite folder and ignoring the whole mylist thing.

geposted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 1:29 pm
user21396987 wrote :
My phone was synchronized the playlist forlder, so it'd copy the .m3u playlist and i could listen to the playlists and edit them through the week. Then when I plugged my phone in they copied back and VDJ would open them.
VirtualDJ 2024 is still compatible with m3u playlists, so if you need to use them because they're compatible with whatever you use on your phone, you can keep using them.
The only difference is that in VirtualDJ 2024, new Lists are created in xml format, because 99% of the users don't need the m3u and it's an old and unpractical format.
But in your case, you can just keep using them.

Just create a favorite shortcut to whatever folder on your drive you want to put your m3u playlists in (can even still be %appdata%/VirtualDJ/Playlists/, though we recommend choosing another one to avoid confusion), and you can access your playlists from within virtualdj, and sync them to your phone without issues.

geposted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 1:39 pm
Stephane Clavel wrote :
user21396987 wrote :
VirtualDJ 2024 is still compatible with m3u playlists, so if you need to use them because they're compatible with whatever you use on your phone, you can keep using them.
The only difference is that in VirtualDJ 2024, new Lists are created in xml format, because 99% of the users don't need the m3u and it's an old and unpractical format.
But in your case, you can just keep using them.

Just create a favorite shortcut to whatever folder on your drive you want to put your m3u playlists in (can even still be %appdata%/VirtualDJ/Playlists/, though we recommend choosing another one to avoid confusion), and you can access your playlists from within virtualdj, and sync them to your phone without issues.

Can you recommend a android app that plays the virtual DJ's xml format MyLists?

I'd prefer to move with the times but unfortunately this old .m3u format is the only one I can find that's cross compatible.

geposted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 1:45 pm
tonz76PRO SubscriberMember since 2021
Stephane Clavel wrote :
user24625738 wrote :

Hi, thanks for coming back to me. So I checked this out and it does not work for my Tidal playlists? If I select one of my playlists in Tidal I only have the option of delete or properties? I can confirm that selecting a file from anywhere else say for example local files, it does have the save as fav option. Also there used to be a fav tab in the side bar where there is now only an option to create a shortcut?

geposted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 11:06 pm
djspynnPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I just installed 2024 on a new MacBook Pro I just got in yesterday and went to find the folder like normal and I am not seeing an installed directory like normal under the Documents folder so I can copy my playlists over.. Was wondering were the VirtualDJ folder that is normally in Documents is?

Thanks for any help.... Sorry if this has been asked I couldn't find it any where or just not searching the right way...

geposted Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 6:34 pm
It has long been moved inside Library/Application Support/VirtualDj

The easiest way to navigate to it, is to open VirtualDJ settings, click on options tab on the left, and then click the small cog icon on the bottom right corner of the settings window.
This should open finder on VirtualDJ's "home" directory

geposted Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 10:34 pm
Thanks Phantom… I took a nap and just woke up… I’ll take a look in a bit..

geposted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 12:22 am
mysticaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
My online, ideas, stem folders are missing. I probably most have click hide thinking I don't need them. Is there a way of getting them back? I have tried reinstalling but it's still not there.

geposted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 7:56 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@mystica, the dot bottom left side, opens;
browser_options >> root elements >> reset root folders

geposted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 8:14 am
mysticaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thanks @locodog, you're a legend! 🙌🏽

geposted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 8:38 am
Hello,
There is no changelog for version EA 8091 ?!

geposted Tue 09 Apr 24 @ 10:25 am
I noticed that as well. Probably there was an issue with the previous build, which they fixed in the "blank" update.

geposted Tue 09 Apr 24 @ 11:18 am
I have been puzzled about that since yesterday, I thought it might have been pulled. Mines working fine.

geposted Tue 09 Apr 24 @ 12:12 pm
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is there anyway to sort our CloudDrive alphabetically? Also, can a recurse be added to CloudDrive so that we can see any file in the Folder/List? I use that often.

Another question, will CloudDrive support Karaoke and Video Files?

geposted Tue 09 Apr 24 @ 5:25 pm
My problem is about fixing Video, Its no longer displaying videos in good format for Windows as in 2023 it is displayed as a old video tape with dust on it

geposted Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 4:46 pm
video's been working fine here with all the builds up to and including b8093

double check video settings to see if anything changed?

geposted Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 12:14 am
65%