Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 2024 - Page: 1
VirtualDJ 2024 is now available.

What is new? The main focus of this new version was cloud storage, and library organization.

1) introducing CloudDrive.
Sync your lists and files to the cloud, and retrieve and stream them from anywhere.
CloudDrive doesn't lock you with one storage solution and will work with your favorite one, whether it's googleDrive, oneDrive, iCloud or dropbox. It requires no external utility to install, no complicated linking of accounts, no additional subscription to buy. Just click and it works. The way it should be.
CloudDrive can be used in many different ways:
- have an "emergency list" of your favorite tracks, so that you can quickly log in and stream them from any friend's computer.
- set up to sync your main music folder, so that you can feel safe knowing that your lists, files, cue points, etc are all always backed up in case something happens to your laptop.
- use 3-way sync to prepare your lists on your home computer, and have your gig computer always synced.
- or any other uses you would expect from a cloud solution.

2) Library organization.
- VirtualDJ 2024 unifies all the previous ways VirtualDJ used to store lists (playlists, virtual folders) into standardized MyLists that get the best of both worlds. Compatible with drive HotPlug (your Lists go with your files, so if you move a portable hard drive or a usb stick, your Lists are still there), optional deduplication, ordered or not. The choice is yours.
- It also features quick-access shortcuts to your folders on the left toolbar, for even more convenient browsing. Just drag any folder on a shortcut button, and optionally choose an icon and color to find them even more easily.
- And a new Linked-track view, that is like your own private liveFeedback but based only on your own history or tracks that you manually link. Quickly set up links when you liked a mix you just did, so you can remember later that these songs went great together.

3) And many smaller improvements and fixes, like Fuzzy key mixing, the new trend in harmonic mixing.

NOTE: the new Library organization brings a few changes, if you find something confusing, be sure to refer to this post:
https://back.virtualdj.com/forums/257949/General_Discussion/___IMPORTANT_CHANGES_IN_VIRTUALDJ_2024___.html

geposted Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 9:02 am
djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I tried setting a quick access shortcut to a subfolder of the 2024 history folder. It would not point to that specific subfolder, but rather went to the 2024 folder itself. Bug?

geposted Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 12:53 pm
@Stephane is there an ETA on the Phase HID mapping rework?

It's probably a crucial thing to work out, since by default, Phase is connected in HID mode by the software (and that mode has identified issues when compsred to DVS mode).

geposted Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 3:48 pm
I am having a difficult time moving folders to where I want in the Browser. Seems to be a bug as this did not happen before the update.

geposted Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 6:27 pm
I'm not having any problem moving folders in the Browser.

In fact I've moved all my Virtual Folders up into My Lists with some culling and tidying up, getting rid of duplicate folders etc. I will be doing more tonight making everything more efficient and streamlined.

geposted Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 6:39 pm
OK disregard, it works fine. The red line thingy can be a little tricky.

geposted Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 6:56 pm
Q) In OneDrive or Dropbox, I see all the files in the VirtualDJ/ or app/VirtualDJ/ folders, but they are all at the root not following the folder structure.
A) that's on purpose. VirtualDJ treats the storage provider as a flat database, and keeps the internal structure of the list separate, so that you can add the same track to several lists without having to reupload each time.

Anyway to give us a choice the way they are uploaded??

I just spend the last 2 days uploading only find everything in 1 folder. Since I use Denon products without VDJ at times this was a nightmare seeing everything crammed in 1 folder.

Also, all the info is missing (BPM, Key), is that by design?

geposted Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 8:19 pm
Thanks for messing up my lists. These updates are causing me more of my time fixing things back to my norm than the updates are worth. Rolled back the update and it's still not right

geposted Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 4:15 am

geposted Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 11:40 am

geposted Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 11:43 am
oh lord lol oh well

kinda seemed like it could be feasible too bad

geposted Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 11:54 am
I've actually seen this AI crowd monitor thing being discussed by DJs elsewhere, months ago.

Some really seem to believe it's going to happen. :-)

[edit] Yes, even in the comments below Phil's article LOL.

geposted Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 12:55 pm
Very nice update!
Two things I would like to have:

1. It would be nice to close the folder that you opened with the shortcut by click again on the shortcut button.

2. I set one shortcut for the "Ask the DJ"- Folder. Is it possible to colorize the Icon (for example yellow) automatically when a message comes in? And set back to grey or something else after click on the shortcut button.?

Another notice: First time I didn´t found the Linked Tracks List. Today I found it by aktivating the "has Links" Folder in the Preview Player. This causes a system crash after one minute.

Thank you

geposted Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 4:35 pm
Please add WebDAV!!!

geposted Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 9:48 pm
What other cloud service is coming? I currently use pCloud for my music. Can that be added?

geposted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 1:12 am
Where did the history folder go?

James

geposted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 1:39 am
jamesvanek wrote :
Where did the history folder go?

James

Never mind. Found it in the Ideas folder.

geposted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 2:35 am
tonz76PRO SubscriberMember since 2021
Hi, I updated to this version (B8055) yesterday and noticed the Favs folder option is missing? Had found that option really handy. Is it located somewhere else?

geposted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 6:59 am
FuzzMeister wrote :
Thanks for messing up my lists. These updates are causing me more of my time fixing things back to my norm than the updates are worth. Rolled back the update and it's still not right
What exactly was messed up? The only changes in this update is that "List & Advices" got renamed "Ideas", and "Playlists" was taken out of "List & Advices" and moved to the root and renamed "MyLists".
Do you have anything else that got changed?

geposted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 7:12 am
user24083451 wrote :
It would be nice to close the folder that you opened with the shortcut by click again on the shortcut button.
Good idea, we'll add on next update.

geposted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 7:13 am
34%