Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: anewsome is coming to YOUR town! - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

At the end of the month, I'll be spinning a party in 6 different cities (5 for modelween and 1 in Orange County). That is 6 cities is 7 days! I'll be in

Houston
NYC
Chicago
Miami
Hollywood
Orange County

I hardly ever see any forum guys coming out, so if you're around come on out and introduce yourself. I've met a lot of guys from that other forum but I hardly ever meet you guys. Location info at:

http://www.modelween.com/

and

http://www.owlus.com/events/halloween/main.asp

geposted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 7:51 pm

man! I'm jealous... model party.... you need a guest dj or road crew? count me in! lol;) hehe

geposted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 8:07 pm
Looking forward to you doing the UK leg of your tour.

There's a few cool beers already on ice.

If you don't get over here I'll drink them myself. ;-]

Andy

geposted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 9:35 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
So Lucky, oh well at least I still have the strip Club lol...Best of Luck on your tour

geposted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 9:37 pm
I am in Houston and would love to hook up and check it out but I will definately be doing a club gig myself. Are you there all night? Are you doing all the music? your system or theirs? VDJ? Video? Just looks very interesting.

Rusty

geposted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 10:55 pm
Partyman wrote :
I am in Houston and would love to hook up and check it out but I will definately be doing a club gig myself. Are you there all night? Are you doing all the music? your system or theirs? VDJ? Video? Just looks very interesting.

Rusty

I'm not sure of the venue in Houston so I have no idea what I'll be spinning or what I'll be spinning on. I will have to check into that. I don't have a contract rider with the venues so I can't be too picky about what I'll play on, I just have to hope I don't run into any Gemini turntables or rotary mixers (don't laugh, miami is the capitol of rotary mixers).

I should be there all night. Every venue will have an opening DJ in case my flight is delayed or whatever. Remember, these are all back to back to back with no room for delayed flights or anything. Not sure who is opening in Houston, though. I'm not really handling any of that part.

I won't be taking any gear other than what can be carried in my record bag, so I will be playing on the sound system in the venue that I'm at. As far as video is concerned, probably not but who knows. We'll see. I usually use Serato when I'm in the clubs since the box is usually already installed (about 70% coverage here in So Cal),.. it's so much easier to deal with. I'd never even thought about using VDJ 4.0 in a Serato club but now that I think about it, that should work too. However, getting all my crates, cue points, BPMs and stuff switched over to VDJ is certainly not gonna happen by the 24th (which is when I bail for NYC).

geposted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 11:21 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
So you won't be using Virtual DJ?

geposted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 1:52 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Nope he'll be using something more superior...
Damn no Virtual Dj - PSSSH no reason to come out to see you then.. LOL

geposted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 7:09 am
possibly a little below the belt, may just spark a mini blow out perhaps ?? ^^^

geposted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 2:51 pm
Comin' To Your City by Big & Rich keeps ringin' through my ears...

geposted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 4:09 pm
mp3jrick wrote :
So you won't be using Virtual DJ?

Hey Rick, I'd like to see some of the TCV bugs disappear before I start going with VDJ as option #1 over SSL. Also, I think when the Numark product is released, TCV will be more available (and cheaper!). I don't like going on the road with only one pair of TCV, that NO ONE will likely have extras of at the club. SSL vinyls are everywhere, which is nice.

I am however using VDJ to mix videos tonight at a pretty big gig. Huge video venue with 40+ plasmas and big screens. We'll see how that goes.

geposted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 6:37 pm
I guess I didn't realize you were having trouble with VDJ.
It sure would be nice to gather users on the tour, but it would be even better if you were using "our" program. You might gather more interest if that were in the plans.

Looks like fun though, if you ever get up towards Boston i'd come hook up with you.
Always good to meet users from all over.

geposted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 9:16 pm
That's why I insist on SSL tcv use 100%. I think they work & feel better(sorry to say), they're easier to get a hold of. Most dj's use them.

geposted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 10:04 pm
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
anewsome wrote :
At the end of the month, I'll be spinning a party in 6 different cities (5 for modelween and 1 in Orange County). That is 6 cities is 7 days! I'll be in

Damn! You're blowing up dude, sounds like a great gig.... awesome, anewsome!

geposted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 12:20 am
mp3jrick wrote :
I guess I didn't realize you were having trouble with VDJ.

Yes, even with the 4.1 I see some bugs. Nothing show stopping but it just doesn't give me "gig level confidence" when the program just does things that can only be described as a bug. That and working with TCV is still not 1st class in VDJ. I originally had thought the 4.x would really focus on TCV to make it on par with SSL. I guess I was wrong because it seems that sound engine and a few other things were the focus. Looks like they still have a little work to do.

One thing is for sure though. 4.x is miles ahead of 3.x, and that I'm thankful for.

geposted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 1:51 am

Just curious... friendly question ;)
But what in SSL tc use do you find better than VDJ ?

reason for asking, is that I had some real pro djs test SSL (w/SL-1) vs VDJ (w/profesional audio card), and both systems where concluded as superb. No difference. According to these djs.
I'm not myself a vinyl dj, so I can only speak for cd emulation with timecode cds.

If there is something to be improved on the vjd tc use, it should be done.. ;)

PLEASE NOTE:
- This was VDJ running on an expensive pro soundcard in class with SL-1, and not on semi-pro cheaper models with higher latency. Done for a real comparison, where both software had same starting point.

Regarding VDJ vinyls being less physical buildt than they should have been, they agreed.
So hopefully, VDJ (and Numarks) new vinyls will be thicker.....

geposted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 2:25 am
IMO, I'd say only the build of SSL TCV's is better. That & the color coded wave form(not the way it sits, just the color). Sound quality & latency i'd say is matched since 4.0 came out. In every other aspect VDJ wins. That's just my opinion.

geposted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 6:07 am
Allright.. thats exactly what my "test group" of dj's said too.
That SSL vinyls where slightly better build physically than VDJ vinyls...

I'd hope to see our new vinyls be as good build then... Hopefully Corp & Numark will find a good deal:)

geposted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 12:52 pm
I hope so too. Honestly i'd rather brag with pure VDJ instead of VDJ(software) & SSL Tcv.

geposted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 3:01 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

Just curious... friendly question ;)
But what in SSL tc use do you find better than VDJ ?

reason for asking, is that I had some real pro djs test SSL (w/SL-1) vs VDJ (w/profesional audio card), and both systems where concluded as superb. No difference. According to these djs.
I'm not myself a vinyl dj, so I can only speak for cd emulation with timecode cds.

If there is something to be improved on the vjd tc use, it should be done.. ;)

PLEASE NOTE:
- This was VDJ running on an expensive pro soundcard in class with SL-1, and not on semi-pro cheaper models with higher latency. Done for a real comparison, where both software had same starting point.

Regarding VDJ vinyls being less physical buildt than they should have been, they agreed.
So hopefully, VDJ (and Numarks) new vinyls will be thicker.....

No offense norway, but I find it absolutely incredible and completely unbelievable that any real pro djs who use tcv, ssl specifically would say that vdj tcv support os on par with ssl. i'm making a seperate thread about my first experience last night using vdj 4.1 for the first time live. i'll recap my general experience (not very compliemtary) and point out what i think are either bugs or bad implemention and design decisions in vdj. long story short, ssl tcv is implemented what i would call "correctly", it does what you want, they way you expect it to work, every time without fail and by default.

geposted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 6:44 pm
35%