Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Ableton Link - Page: 3

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Working good with Sound Switch, the ONLY thing is, make sure your track is playing in VDJ FIRST!!

Or else VDJ using the time from whatever program your “link”ed to.

geposted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 1:29 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Working good with Sound Switch, the ONLY thing is, make sure your track is playing in VDJ FIRST!!

Or else VDJ using the time from whatever program your “link”ed to.

I think that's how Ableton Link is designed - The first "user" is master

geposted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 6:55 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Actually, there is no "Master" user. All participants/"users" can control the tempo as "Masters"

geposted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 2:10 pm
djdad wrote :
Actually, there is no "Master" user. All participants/"users" can control the tempo as "Masters"

Ok. Thank you. Didn't know that

geposted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 2:39 pm
Hi

Did you remove the plugin as i'm not able to find it at the place you told :

inside the program option/extention/effect/audio

thanks in advance

geposted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 3:50 pm

geposted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 3:54 pm
Presumably it's VDJs beat grid that is aligned with the Link signal, rather than the audio track?

In other words your beat grids will need to be perfect for the tracks to stay aligned to whatever VDJ is Linked with.

What happens if for example you have spent ages manually adding markers on a track that has wavering tempo, so that the BPM of the beat grid goes up/down with the audio? If a track like that is Linked to a steady tempo from e.g. Ableton Live, is that going to affect Live's tempo, or will VDJ be pulled into line with Live?

I'm thinking the worst - that (because it's they're "tempo changes") the other software will be forced to follow the variable tempo.

Oh how I wish VDJ had the ability to warp tracks...

geposted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 6:19 pm
Ableton link for the function with Lightrider:
It would be great if you could limit the bidirectional solution to just send.
Now Lightrider (light control app) sends the BPM back to the second player...and I don't want that. I would be happy if only the BPM is sent, but not received...

geposted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 8:53 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There is no reason why the light software would change the bpm though, so just activate Ableton Link on VDJ before you start, and you shouldn't have any problem.

geposted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 9:25 am
s1urfPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Adion wrote :
There is no reason why the light software would change the bpm though, so just activate Ableton Link on VDJ before you start, and you shouldn't have any problem.

It does though -- at the moemnt Ableton Link is pretty useless with Lightrider as there is no way to stop Lightrider sending the BPM back to VDJ and it can't be overidden - the only way is to disable and then re enable Ableton Link and then quickly alter the BPM before you fade to the track - not very good!

geposted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 12:01 pm
If you want just to send BPM to your DMX software then you dont need Ableton link, all you need is to use a Virtual MIDI device (like LoopBe) and send VDJ Clock (from Controllers tab - right-click to the device), then set your DMX software to read the BPM from that MIDI device..

geposted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 12:47 pm
s1urfPRO InfinityMember since 2005
djdad wrote :
If you want just to send BPM to your DMX software then you dont need Ableton link, all you need is to use a Virtual MIDI device (like LoopBe) and send VDJ Clock (from Controllers tab - right-click to the device), then set your DMX software to read the BPM from that MIDI device..

That's assuming you are using a Windows PC - LoopBe is not available for Macs

geposted Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 9:12 pm

geposted Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 9:45 pm
djdad wrote :

Unfortunately, the dmx software he is referring to (Light Rider) only works with Ableton Link. I'm experiencing the same issue as s1urf. Significant bpm drifts on incoming song whenever I try to blend in a new track when Ableton Link is enabled.

geposted Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 12:16 pm
You are using ableton link on the decks or on master?

geposted Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 12:32 pm
Adion wrote :
You are using ableton link on the decks or on master?

Master. Should I be using it on the decks?

geposted Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 1:09 pm
Currently it's indeed not really designed to work on master, as that will switch the deck to sync on while fading, which could give unexpected results.

For lighting software it would indeed make sense to allow this in a 'master only' way, where vdj forces the link to the current tempo, regardless of the other side of the link.

geposted Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 1:33 pm
I tried enabling Ableton Link on the decks instead of the master and the issue with bpm drift is resolved.

Now, when I make changes with the pitch fader on one deck, the other follows regardless of settings in vdj.

What I may do is program a key that will enable and immediately disable Ableton Link on the master to sync the bpm with the dmx software. While bpm changes won't be automatic, it beats tapping in a bpm all the time.

geposted Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 3:04 pm
Dev staff wrote :
Bronsi98 wrote :
Hello,
I can't find the plugin on the website or the Software anyone got a link or something?
Best Regards!

I am unto find it also. I downloaded for my mac last night and now trying to install in my PC and it just dissapered!!!!

geposted Fri 22 Feb 19 @ 1:27 pm
groovindj wrote :
It might be related to what Ableton told me recently.

I was think about you post about it, but I still see it in my extensions

Of course Link is a build into VDJ, so "install" really just means "enable"

geposted Sat 23 Feb 19 @ 1:45 pm
97%