Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Having an issue with the synch button

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djrc1Home userMember since 2008
I noticed while messing around with virtual dj the sync seems to be off at times, it says the bpm's is correct but its not syncing up properly. Now I also have torq, and have no issue in that program, so I know its not a pc issue. I'm not using any external decks. Has anyone else had this issue before ? Searching around it almost seem likes it kind of common.

geposted Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 7:02 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Are your CGBs aligned properly?

geposted Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 7:11 pm
Yes and no, at times they will align up when I press sync , other times when I do press sync they don't align. Sometimes they take a second to align properly. So its kind of a mixed deal.

geposted Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 7:34 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Have you edited any of them?

geposted Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 7:46 pm
Nope, just downloaded them. I annualized some to get the bpm's before they play. Now it seems like when I press sync, at times nothing happen. The small little boxes are suppose to match up right ?

geposted Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 7:52 pm
yea..or you can match them up manually with the pitch slider..and pitch jog wheel...

geposted Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 10:16 pm
It depends on what your analysing as well.

Modern house/dabce tracks which have a very accurate BPM will always align - although VDJ does sometimes get the first beat wrong and you have to cue on beats 2, 3 or even 4...

Also older tracks (or tracks recorded with real musicians ... lol) will not have such an accurate BPM. I have seen tracks - espcially disco tracks drift off of the BPM markers. The I have to use the jog wheel on the RMX to keep them aligned, as if you were manually adjusting vinyl by speeding up or slowing down the platter with your finger on the label - like in the good old days!!!

You have to remember that by default VDJ will analyise as techno/house and will expect (from what I have seen) a pretty accurate BPM.

Try using the "other music" method when analysing tracks or even manually tap out the BPM...

I end up using all methods.

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 11:25 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)