Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: RMX Replacement

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

looshusHome userMember since 2008
I really do love my RMX, always have done since I got rid of the BCD3000!!!

But now I've got an external mixer with TCV and the sound quality i'm gettin using timecodes is not so great, even after increasing the latency, so I am considering selling the RMX and getting a decent 4x4 USB audio interface to take care of the timecodes.

What interface could anyone recommend?

Will I really see a change in sound quality?

geposted Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 9:43 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Looshus.. it is not recommended to sell the rmx as u have already registered it in ur profile. The new owner can never registered themselves here.

Also pls registered ur PRO version in ur profile as using the djc edition did not permit u to use with the external hardware. By the way if u registered, u can update to the recent version V5.2.1 which fix some of the rmx bug;)

Regards.

geposted Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 9:52 pm
hmm OK, don't really answer my question tho, what rmx bug you talking bout? also,

Will I be able to play normal vinyl using a 'bypass' function on other interfaces like I can with the RMX using the 'source' buttons.

geposted Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 3:39 am
Hello looshus,

If you find the audio quality you get is
- OK when you mix computer audio files on the Rmx,
- but not so great when you mix time code vinyl,
I am not convinced you will get a better audio quality in playing time code vinyl with another audio interface, since what you find not so great may be out of the audio interface, it may be a setting in the software or driver or simply the output level of your turntables.

If you connect your turntables to the audio inputs on the Rmx in phono level, use a cell with a high voltage level on each turntable, as
- Shure M44-7 (Output voltage at 1 kHz: 9.5 mV RMS)
- Ortofon Concorde Q.BERT (Output voltage at 1KHz: 11 mV RMS)
since if you use a turntable cell with a low output voltage, the input level you get on the Rmx is too low to get the complete resolution of the audio input.

geposted Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 4:48 am
OK, I'm currently using the cheepo Numark Groove Tool that came with my TT500's, their output voltage is 2.4mV so do you think this is definately the problem? I dont wanna shell out £100 for new needles if it dont solve the problem, could it be anything else?

Thanks for your help.

geposted Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 1:15 pm
Hello looshus,

Yes, I am sure an output level of 2.4mv is too low to get a good audio quality in DJ Console Rmx audio inputs: a part of the dynamic range is lost compared to an iput with a higher level, since with DJ Console Rmx, the optimal cartridges have an output level from 7 to 14mV (Hercules reference is Shure M44-7).

With 2 turntables, I suppose you also have an analogue mixer, so you can test what the sound would be like in your DJ Console Rmx with a higher output level:
- connect one TT500 to the audio input of your analogue mixer,
- set it with the gain button at a level you find OK when you plug your headphones in your analogue mixer
- connect the mixer output to the input 1-2 or 3-4 of your DJ Console Rmx
- SWITCH THE INPUT LEVEL ON "LINE" instead of "PHONO" on DJ Console Rmx"
- use the DJ Console Rmx with this source and test if you find the audio quality is acceptable.

If you find it OK, then you would get a close result by replacing the low output cartridge with a cartridge with a high output level.
If you find it OK but you don't want to change your turntable cartridges, you can also buy low cost phono-preamplifiers (as Behringer PP400 http://www.behringer.com/PP400/?lang=ENG) to convert the output level of your turntables into line level.

geposted Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 8:02 am
What a plan, thanks again for your help, I'll let ya know how it goes.

geposted Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 8:21 am
spinnaJ wrote :
Looshus.. it is not recommended to sell the rmx as u have already registered it in ur profile. The new owner can never registered themselves here.

Also pls registered ur PRO version in ur profile as using the djc edition did not permit u to use with the external hardware. By the way if u registered, u can update to the recent version V5.2.1 which fix some of the rmx bug;)

Regards.

Are you saying regardless off the license type (Pro or RMX console) of VDJ is not transferable to another person? If not how can someone go about buying the "RMX" version of VDJ?

geposted Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 9:24 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can sell the hardware ... but if you choose to then you should make sure you state that there is no software with it and the user would have to purchase their own. If you want to suggest what they can get then you should suggest VirtualDJ Pro version as there is no other version that they could purchase from us that would support the controller.

geposted Thu 18 Dec 08 @ 8:44 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
That's why I didnt register mine(No RMX icon).

geposted Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 10:20 am
They should make it so the ex user can 'release' thier ownership, or straight transfer to the new user.

Shouldn't be too hard to implement.

geposted Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 12:06 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)