Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video freezing on load

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have been going through these forums and I have seen a lot of people having this same problem but I cannot see where a fix is posted for it. This is the reason why I have not yet bought a pro licence from VDJ.

I just bought a new laptop which is HP DV4-1100, Vista 32 bit SP1, Intel duo core T5800 2.0 GHz CPU, 250 GB HD, 4GB of Ram and NVIDIA Geforce 9200M GS graphics with 512MB of dedicated ram. I have a 1 second freeze on the video playing on screen (sometimes longer maybe 2 seconds) when I load a video on the other deck. This really sucks because when you start the Virtual DJ program the 2nd video loads okay without no freeze but then the problem starts from the 3rd video onwards. The only improvement I get is to uncheck hardware acceleration but Virtual DJ is useless without that feature plus the freezing problem is still there and CPU starts running crappy. I also get better performance with the Widows Media player video decoder but this decoder cannot play mkv files so I have to use VDJ internal decoder for those videos. I get no problem with the sound and I must say the sound quality with the ASIO and the Hercules mk2 is perfect with no hitches even with the video freeze.

I was thinking that it may have been the version of VDJ but my friend is a VDJ pro user and he installed his 5.2 on it and I still get the same problem. I then tried the 5.2 on my wife’s Dell laptop (vista 32 bit, 1.5gb of ram, AMD 1.7GHz duo core, ATI Radeon graphics card with 256mb of dedicated ram) and VDJ worked perfectly with no glitch. I think the problem is with the NVIDIA card and I did all the tweaks and updates for this card but none of these had solved the problem. HP had even posted some Graphics and Bios updates on their website but none of these help.

I am now thinking of buying another laptop but this time it will not be a NVIDIA card. I will go for an ATI card because I think these cards are less fussy with no excess baggage therefore they are better for video mixing. However before doing that I am hoping that the VDJ team can link up with NVIDIA, HP and others to sort out this problem because these new generation graphics cards a geared towards gaming and are not for video mixing. Please email me as soon as a fix is found because I have my credit card ready and waiting to get my VDJ pro licence. Despite of all I have said I just think Virtual DJ is the best software for mixing video.

Awaiting a solution for the problem.

geposted Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 5:22 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)