Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crackle from timecodes

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi Im a newbie here, having first dipped my feet into the VDJ world a few years back. I couldnt get into it at the time but have decided the times right to get into it properly now!

I just downloaded the latest Virtual DJ demo and got things going pretty quickly. The problem I have is that all the mp3s I play have a horrible crackle/distortion over the top of them when I use the timecodes (Tried both the Pro and the normal timecode CD and I also still have 2 timecode vinyls I bought from you guys about 3 years ago when I was determined to convert to being a laptop DJ, but its exactly the same noise off both formats.

This crackle sound only happens when the timecodes are activated (so its not an earth loop problem). The weird thing is I just saved an audio clip for you, but when I play this clip back in media player the crackle is not there!?!?! It sounds almost like a bitcrush/distorted effect.

Ive got the latest drivers and have tried tweaking all the performance and latency settings etc, but nothing makes a difference.

Im running Vista, 4gb ram, decent spec new laptop with and ESI u46 DJ card.

I wanna get this sorted before I take the plunge and CDJ was my first stop.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance

P

geposted Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 3:38 pm
xmas bump!

geposted Tue 23 Dec 08 @ 1:26 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi pete;)

Tell us what type of CDJ u using? And is ur VDJ TCV gen1? I would advised getting the Gen 3 etc;)

Try this .. performace slide to fastest. latency to auto n untick safe mode in performance setting;)

Try to use master tempo to fast also.

Hope this helps:)

geposted Tue 23 Dec 08 @ 3:09 pm
Thanks. I reset my drivers on the esi controller and its working now. Just wanted to make sure before i treat myself to vdj for xmas!

I bought the timecode vinyl about 4 years ago, no idea what version it is. Red sleeve?

I have some dual cd deals from numark. I forget the model. The timecode cds don't work very well with them though and i cant cue up or use the wheel to roll the track back. So think i will stick with tcv. Are some cd decks incompatible with virtual dj?

Thanks

geposted Tue 23 Dec 08 @ 5:23 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Most cd deck is compatible to use for timescodes for VDJ. Try to use the consumer grade tccd on that n burn it at the slowest speed.

Glad u get it working and hearing u getting vdj for xmas;)

geposted Tue 23 Dec 08 @ 6:54 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)