Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is Virtual DJ compatible with Numark NS7? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hello all,

Does anyone know if the Numark NS7 is compatible with Virtual DJ? Is there an official map available? If not, is there at least an estimated release date for such map?

Thanks for the help :)

geposted Mon 02 Feb 09 @ 1:20 pm
metroplex2005 wrote :
is the ns7 officially available?

when not, than there will be no mapping for it. maybe it will come, maybe not.

geposted Mon 02 Feb 09 @ 1:32 pm
b1shopPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Anyone have a Mapping for NS7 to VDJ??? I bought an NS7 and mainly want to use it for video with Virtual

geposted Fri 03 Apr 09 @ 1:32 pm
the answer is not it will not work till VDJ is updated hopefully but not guarantees then.....

geposted Fri 03 Apr 09 @ 2:01 pm
It should be able to do something with VDJ. Here is what is the first couple of sentences from the Itch NS7 reference manual: Welcome to the NS7 – a professional motorized DJ software mixing system. The NS7 gives you outstanding high-resolution control of
Serato™ ITCH (included in this package) and other DJ programs like Traktor, Virtual DJ, Cue, and Torq.
So I don't see why it wouldn't be able to be compatible. They printed in the manual, So there must be a way. But how would one go about mapping it is beyond me. I am patiently waiting for it to be shared with us.

geposted Fri 03 Apr 09 @ 7:55 pm
You can map it yourself using the general midi commands. The platters are still an issue but it will work in a basic sort of way.

You should know by now that Atomix will not give out information about new releases and updates, so if you want to use VDJ video there's no point buying the NS-7 right now.

geposted Sat 04 Apr 09 @ 3:35 am
ta0zh0uPRO InfinityMember since 2008
This is advertised as being completely compatible to Numark Cue... which is the same thing as Virtual DJ, so I can't imagine why this wouldn't work with it...

geposted Sun 05 Apr 09 @ 8:20 pm
ta0zh0u wrote :
This is advertised as being completely compatible to Numark Cue... which is the same thing as Virtual DJ, so I can't imagine why this wouldn't work with it...

read the wording it doesnt ever say completly anything... it says able to control. but read more and you will see that Numark says contact the software company to see if it will work

geposted Sun 05 Apr 09 @ 9:27 pm
Here is what I've found out on the NS7 since I own one. I contacted VirtualDJ to see what I could find out. As of right now the software doesn't support the hardware. Hopefully they will fix this as I spent 1300 on it. Here is my message and the return message from customer support.

Date: Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 8:57 pm

I bought an NS7 and can't get it to work right with Cue or Virtual DJ. Itch is ok but I love and want to use virtual DJ with it. I tried mapping but the platters don't work with it and strip search is an issue. Simple functions work but whats the point of that. Could have bought total control for much less. Don't get me wrong I love the NS7 but I want to use it with Virtual DJ or CUE!!!

Date: Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 2:53 pm (VIRTUAL DJ CUSTOMER SUPPORT)

Teamer: mp3jrick

geposted Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 7:27 pm
cstoll wrote :
And we have been saying that in the dozens of threads on this topic. The NS7 was built for ITCH. It is an OPEN MIDI platform that others can support. We have said numerous times that in order to support it the MIDI support in VirtualDJ will need to be improved. We have also said that it is very possible in the next version we will have support for the controller.

These things don't happen over night. There has been nothing hidden from anyone on this topic. Do we need to continue discussing it?

No, I'll just use my NS7 as a 1300 dollar paper weight until VDJ or Cue becomes supported to the NS7. VDJ/Cue does so much more than Serato and for what I do, I want VDJ/Cue. BTW, I've read alot of these threads and some are misleading as even numarks website which says "NS7 also works with most other MIDI DJ software and supports iTunes." As well as what's stated in the product overview PDF which is on Numarks website that completely mislead me. Which STATES as follows:

Verbatim Quote from Numarks website - NS7 Product Overview PDF:

The NS7 Controller is a dedicated controller for Serato ITCH. It ships with Serato ITCH {{{AND COMES READY TO CONTROL THE DJ SOFTWARE OF YOUR CHOICE}}}, including Serato ITCH {{{AND Numark's CUE DJ software.}}} Loads of additional assignable MIDI controllers provide unprecedented software compatibility and user customiizations.

So I did my homework. It states it will work with cue being that it says it right in the product overview PDF. Don't believe me goto Numark.com and look at the PDF yourself. The above paragraph is verbatim to what is written there so now you tell me.

I just want support as I'm sure loyal users since the Atomix MP3 days like myself do. Which I own a legal copy of too, it's just under a different profile. I've owned a Hercules which I didn't really like too much. I was hoping to use my DMC2 as a backup controller.

Well not trying to start an argument here but that statement where it says ready to control and it says CUE is what sold me. I like the NS7 and with VDJ/CUE I'd love it. SO.... I guess I play the waiting game and wait for VDJ/CUE Support.

Take Care.

geposted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 7:27 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
And that is the problem ... the manufacture advertising something that they knew ahead of time wasn't fully going to be supported by their software. Btw, it's Numark CUE -- yes, might be built based on VirtualDJ and 99% identical to VirtualDJ; but it's their responsibility and their own advertising. We do not control what or how they say things. Your argument is with them at Numark, not here.

As I said above; this topic has been discussed over and over again. Its been well documented at all levels on this forum that things would have to change in VirtualDJ in order to support the NS7 controller. The fact that the controller has released before the changes have been put in place is out of our control. But the changes that are being put in place can support the needs of the NUMARK NS7.

geposted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 7:36 am
You need to take this up with Numark as it seems they have mis-sold the product. i knew it is not supported by reading the forums here. I guess vdj may be a bit difficult here as Numark chose to pair it with a competing product which is not as advanced. There's a lot of politics involved between companies.

geposted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 7:37 am
Thanks. cstoll and all that have replied. Was going to wait anyway which is all one can do. I'm not taking it back as it is a great piece of hardware. I'll just wait til support comes out for it VDJ or CUE. I'm not mad in anyway and maybe I would have waited a bit longer to buy it without that wording, but I'm sure Atomix is on top of things. Til then I'll mess around with ITCH. TAKE CARE!

PEACE

geposted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 7:13 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Once a serial is registered to a user account is cannot be changed.

I did receive a call from Numark yesterday on this.

When supporting my answers, they conceeded that its not up to us to forfiill their promises.
Numark CHOSE to offer only Itch with the NS7 and not Cue.

Contacting us in support on this will achieve nothing, zero, nada.
I suggest you all contact Numark and put the pressure on there instead of here.

This was their call and they made it, not ours.

geposted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 5:10 am
Ok thanks on the reg info. I'll make a comment to them to amp up the pressure. Thanks

geposted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 1:55 pm
djesco1PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I bought a NS7 for the simple fact that so much research and development was put into it to provide the end result of accuracy combined with stability.

I too have been looking at finding or making a MIDI Map. It seems that DJ Quartz has found some good results:

This is what I found so far while searching the world wide web...

Platter 1 = Ch.01.Pitchbend+Ch01.CC.000
Platter 2 = Ch.01.CC.002+Ch.03.Pitchbend

NS7 LED Map

CC 0 - FSTARTA
CC 1 - FSTARTB
CC 2 - XFADER Reverse
CC 3 - Prepare
CC 4 - Files
CC 5 - Crates
CC 6 - <EMPTY>
CC 7 - Sync Deck A
CC 8 - CUE Deck A
CC 9 - Play Deck A

CC 10 - Delete Deck A
CC 11 - Hot Cue 1 Deck A
CC 12 - Hot Cue 2 Deck A
CC 13 - Hot Cue 3 Deck A
CC 14 - Hot Cue 4 Deck A
CC 15 - Hot Cue 5 Deck A
CC 16 - Keylock Deck A
CC 17 - <EMPTY>
CC 18 - Motor Off Deck A
CC 19 - 1/2x Deck A

CC 20 - 2x Deck A
CC 21 - Loop On/Off Deck A
CC 22 - Shift Left Deck A
CC 23 - Shift Right Deck A
CC 24 - Loop Mode Auto/Manual Deck A
CC 25 - In / Auto Loop 1 Deck A
CC 26 - Out / Auto Loop 2 Deck A
CC 27 - Select / Auto Loop 4 Deck A
CC 28 - Reloop / Auto Loop 8 Deck A
CC 29 - Sync Deck B

CC 30 - CUE Deck B
CC 31 - Play Deck B
CC 32 - Delete Deck B
CC 33 - Hot Cue 1 Deck B
CC 34 - Hot Cue 2 Deck B
CC 35 - Hot Cue 3 Deck B
CC 36 - Hot Cue 4 Deck B
CC 37 - Hot Cue 5 Deck B
CC 38 - <EMPTY>
CC 39 - Keylock Deck B

CC 40 - <EMPTY>
CC 41 - Motor Off Deck B
CC 42 - 1/2x Deck B
CC 43 - 2x Deck B
CC 44 - Loop On/Off Deck B
CC 45 - Shift Left Deck B
CC 46 - Shift Right Deck B
CC 47 - Loop Mode Auto/Manual Deck B
Cc 48 - In / Auto Loop 1 Deck B
CC 49 - Out / Auto Loop 2 Deck B

CC 50 - Select / Auto Loop 4 Deck B
CC 51 - Reloop / Auto Loop 8 Deck B
CC 52 - <EMPTY>
CC 53 - <EMPTY>
CC 54 - Sync Meter Full On/Off
CC 55 - Quartz Lock Indicator Deck A
CC 56 - Quartz Lock Indicator Deck B
CC 57 - All Mappable LED Indicators ON

CC 58 - <EMPTY>
thru
CC 127 - <EMPTY>

Taken from : http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79010&page=7

geposted Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 7:40 pm
djesco1PRO InfinityMember since 2007
To:b1shop

Can you send me that pdf you mentioned from Numark which has "Verbatim Quote from Numarks website - NS7 Product Overview PDF:
---------
The NS7 Controller is a dedicated controller for Serato ITCH. It ships with Serato ITCH {{{AND COMES READY TO CONTROL THE DJ SOFTWARE OF YOUR CHOICE}}}, including Serato ITCH {{{AND Numark's CUE DJ software.}}} Loads of additional assignable MIDI controllers provide unprecedented software compatibility and user customiizations.

So I did my homework. It states it will work with cue being that it says it right in the product overview PDF. Don't believe me goto Numark.com and look at the PDF yourself. The above paragraph is verbatim to what is written there so now you tell me.

I just want support as I'm sure loyal users since the Atomix MP3 days like myself do. Which I own a legal copy of too, it's just under a different profile. I've owned a Hercules which I didn't really like too much. I was hoping to use my DMC2 as a backup controller.

Well not trying to start an argument here but that statement where it says ready to control and it says CUE is what sold me. I like the NS7 and with VDJ/CUE I'd love it. SO.... I guess I play the waiting game and wait for VDJ/CUE Support. "
---------

Thanks

geposted Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 9:44 am
Tommorow you can download from drivers & tools on this side full working MIDI Map for NS-7 made by me. Only jogwheels i cant make work.
This will be ver 2.0. Enjoy it. If you have any recomendation or whishes, let me know.
Regards Tjeck.

P.S. Sorry for my english:-)

geposted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 7:45 am
So Version 2.2 . Jogwheels are working like on Total control.
Enjoy.

geposted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 11:32 am
TO: djesco1

Here's what I just found out by getting this link for you. So I downloaded the PDF just to make sure it was the right file and from what I can see it is now an updated version which no longer states that. But I have both versions. They had to have changed it recently as when the NS7 was released it still stated that it worked with CUE. Here are both versions:

I created a megaupload link to the older PDF file that they recently removed after the fact which states that.

Here is the link
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I4Q8OGQS

PRODUCT OVERVIEW: 2008 (Keep in mind this was still there after its release in March of 2009 - Guess people have been complaining).

Here is the CROPPED section as this forum shrinks the PDF picture which is too hard to read so I cropped off the section so you can see it.

PRODUCT OVERVIEW: 2009 (This was only recently updated as this was not there when I purchased my NS7 the 2008 one was).

Well here is the direct link to the 2009 PDF file which is pointless now. I've uploaded and made a megaupload link to the older PDF file.

http://www.numark.com/stuff/contentmgr/files/6/9f2db1fc64e2f7b21158a83bef7f0804/file/ns7_2009_numark_product_overview.pdf

If for some reason that stops working here is the link to the form page before the file. Just trying to save you a step in the process.

http://www.numark.com/content60117.html

geposted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 11:57 am
67%