Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ Skipping

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you could help me get my virtual DJ to stop skipping. The specs of my setup are listed below. The turntables randomly skip even if only one of them is playing every now and then it will skip. I used the autoconfig button and usually I get 100% quality but sometimes (when it skips) it drops to 0% then back to 100%. It skips enough for it not to be useful for me to buy VDJ (like 5x per song). Any ideas on what to do?

Sony Vaio (2.4 ghz, 4 gig ram, vista)
Hercules MK2
2 1200 mk2s
2 Ortofon Carts
2 Virtual DJ Timecodes (bought summer 08)
External 2 Channel Battle Mixer
Virtual DJ 5.2 (downloaded trial version yesterday)

geposted Sun 08 Feb 09 @ 2:21 pm
oh yeah this is only a problem when i use my timecodes, otherwise it doesnt skip (using just VDJ & Hercules)

geposted Sun 08 Feb 09 @ 2:24 pm
nobody has any suggestions? btw how do you check the version of the vinyl and is version 3 bad because on the inside groove it says djv3 or something like that if i remember correctly

geposted Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 10:56 pm
ok this could be caused by a number of issues... time code is very sensitive so make sure you check your vinyl for scratches or big oil marks from your hands. also it could be caused by a warn down needle or if your needle is covered with dust or other residue. if that all checks out then make sure that your gain is not up to high in your time code settings because it will pick up any vibration or noise in your computer or sound card.i hope this helps if not im sorry ill try and think of anything else.

regards, frank

geposted Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 3:20 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)