Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Recording video mix

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm sure I've seen a post about recording video before but can't find it now so sorry if I'm repeating a previous topic.

I'm trying to record a video mix to DVD. I have Virtual Vinyl set to output to a .avi file using the mpg4 codec. All seems well until I try to view the resultant file. It comes up with an AVI Chunk Viewer which says "This AVI file was not prepared for sequential reading, The alternative "Avi Splitter" will now let the default one handle it. the complete reinterleaving of this file is strongly recommended before burning it onto a slow media like cd-rom". VLC plays at less than 1 frame per second with short blips of audio. AVS DVD player plays ok but with jerky video. I have tried DVDVideoSoft's DVD converter which gets to about 60% then crashes. I have tried Pinnacle studio 8, on another machine, and it crashes when rendering about a minute in. I have tried changing the recording codec to divx and ffds. divx gives similar results and ffds just says waiting to start recording.

I don't really understand how to choose different encoders and have installed a few codec packs so it's possible one could be causing a problem.
I'm running Vista on a Dell XPS 1730 (Nvidia GeForce 8700M GT). I have not tried updating graphics drivers because it's playing video ok, just not recording correctly.

Thanks in advance
Craig

geposted Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 6:35 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Download and use my registry tool available on the website.

geposted Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 1:33 pm
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thanks DJCEL, I have downloaded the registry tool and have tried most of the codecs I have installed;
MPEG4, Xvid, Divx, Cinepak, MainConcept DV Codec, ffdshow and Full Frame (Uncompressed).
Xvid brings up another window and crashes Virtual Vinyl.
All the others I tried (including uncompressed) give similar results. Appears to record ok but gives the AVI chunk error and doesn't play correctly.
When I convert the file to DVD format, it sometimes crashes and when it finishes, the video runs slower than the audio.
I do have other codecs installed but they don't look likely.
I have uninstalled the Haali Splitter.
Is there something else I should check in the Registry tool?

Craig

geposted Tue 10 Feb 09 @ 4:18 am
bunsetHome userMember since 2008
Hello, I am having same problem that you.
I can record well and the avi file is created, I use divx pro codec. But when I try play the recorded file I see avi chunk error and video is out of sync with audio, disaster.

After 8 hours trying study what has the problem, I have discover:
- The problem in file recorded is mp3 audio is out of sync with video, you can open the file with virtualdub, for example, and resync the file by selecting AUDIO -> FULL COMPRESSING MODE, COMPRESSION and select any what you want like mp3 192 cbr, too select VIDEO -> DIRECT STREAM COPY. And then FILE -> SAVE AVI AS... and you get a correct video file in sync with audio
So the problem is a bug in VIRTUAL DJ 5.2 PRO
A posible solution while staff works the bug is next I have tested:
- Go to Documents/VirtualDJ/Plugins and rename or delete lame_enc.dll file
So when Virtual DJ try to record a movie using the codec, it doesnt find and the video recording will be recorded with pcm uncompressed audio.
So you get a record movie in sync with the audio but the file is bigger because audio is uncompressed

I have no found a way to select what audio codec you can use in your record movie in Virtual DJ, only you can select a video codec typing its fourCC code in Format codec input box in RECORD MOVIE OPTION. I missed can decide what audio codec to use in recorded movie.

I hope this message can be usefull to technical staff and other users, while we have to edit the recorded movie file and fix it at hand.

My OS is Vista

Best regards,
DJEDEN.ES

geposted Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 10:32 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

geposted Fri 01 May 09 @ 5:32 am

geposted Fri 01 May 09 @ 8:36 am
I think is a virtual dj bug recording movie in windows vista.
Can anybody check record movie with divx codec in vista and after try to play the recorded avi file trying forwading and rewind with player and confirming video and audio is out of sync?
If recorded file is in perfect sync audio and video along whole file please detail the configuration used to do it.

Thanks,
DjEden.es

geposted Wed 06 May 09 @ 6:43 am

geposted Wed 06 May 09 @ 6:44 am
gencomCUE userMember since 2007
I just broke down and bought a Capture card, Works great in a dual monitor setup :)

geposted Fri 08 May 09 @ 9:59 am
daohnPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Which Capture card did you buy?

geposted Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 8:18 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)