Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vista and DirectX problems

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

hibsboyHome userMember since 2008

Hi I have a irritating problem with the directX error that comes up at when you load VirtualDJ.

I have vista installed, and DirectX9.c Nov 2008 version, and VirtualDJ 5.2

First i must say that VirtualDJ was working fine only a week or so ago, but now i get this sound error problem, i have tried many things to fix it, but no success, and then today i accedentaly load up VirtualDJ twice, so i have 2 of them loaded at the same time, and now the 2nd one works fine, but still not the other one.

Normally i would just use this method and not worry too much, but none of the track data comes up in the 2nd, meanwhile it shows in the first.

Whats going here? obviously its not a sound error, and something is wrong with the program itself.

geposted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 5:02 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
First, I would suggest getting the latest 5.2.1 update for Virtual DJ

The Direct X error upon launching VDJ are often due to soundcard configuration mismatch, for example, your soundcard is setup in ASIO, but VDJ is still configured to use WDM ( standard windows drivers), or something similar.

If that is the case, you should normally correct the problem by doing the following:

- Set you soundcard depending on which mode you want to use (WDM or ASIO)

- Launch VDJ and get the error message

- change the VDJ soundcard configuration so it matches your soundcard settings

- Close and relaunch VDJ

geposted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 8:44 am
I have this error to but can anyone tell me how tofix this, I mean, step by step, where should I change that configuration.
Help would be great, thanks!

geposted Sat 18 Apr 09 @ 12:10 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you get the error after your set up has changed, the sound config is different from when you last used it, ie not connected to a controller or a mixer or a sound card

geposted Sat 18 Apr 09 @ 2:08 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)