Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with Search DB

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Having a bit of an issue with the search DB at the moment. I have a directory with 614 song in, all from the Promo Only series, so every one of the songs has the words Promo Only in both the actual file name and in the Album tag of the mp3.

However when I'm in this directory and type promo only into the search bar, the list reduces to 551 songs! So to investigate I set about identifying one of the entries that is disappearing, it just so happens if I sort by Title, right near the top I have 3 versions of the song 75, Brazil Street. However when I search, only two of the versions show. The one that disappears, when you right click on it, you get the option to "remove from search db", so the database thinks it's there, but does not show it in search results. I've tried removing all 3 songs, then search for "75" and get no results. Add all 3 back to search DB, repeat the search, 2 come back.

There is nothing peculiar about the version that will seemingly not show in the results, filename is virtually identical ( month name different at the) but all other punctuation, dash's commas etc are the same as the other two. But this one refuses to show in results, along with 62 other songs apparently.

If anyone has seen this behaviour before or has a work around for this I'd appreciate some help.

Cheers

geposted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 4:06 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
have all your files been scanned, also think vdj buts copies into the side list at bottom of page, saves you looking at multible files.

geposted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 6:24 pm
Tayla

All the files have been scanned and the entries are not appearing in the side-list either!

It's like there is some kind of bug stopping particular entries being returned in search results. However a bit of digging last night and I looked into the xml entries in the database. This particular song that is not being returned in the search results has a tag in the XML call "Flag" with a value of 16. The other two entries for the song 75 Brazil Street do not have this "Flag" tag.

Had a quick look through the wiki last night but could not find any definition for the xml database structure, does anyone have one, or could someone let me know what "flag 16" is?

Denzel

geposted Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 5:48 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
think cstol will help you on this score...

geposted Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 6:16 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Have your right clicked on that folder and "add to search DB"

geposted Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 6:21 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What fields are selected as 'Search Fields'?

geposted Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 9:36 am
Ok, Intrigued by the Flag="16" entry for the song that is not returning in the search, I backed up the DB and manually edited it and removed this flag from the song, and hey presto it now appears in the search results.

I added the flag back in, and it disappears again!

So can anyone tell me what these flag tags actually represent in the database, as I see there are a number of different flag values for various entries.

Cheers

Denzel

geposted Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 6:22 am
All

Can anyone help me with a description of the xml file tags?

geposted Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 4:12 am
I also experienced a strange DB problem. VDJ was not liking the name "Christmas" as a subfolder. In the Browser, I have a "Seasonal" folder, and 3 subfolders under that, including a "Christmas" subfolder. The Genres of all the tracks in this subfolder are named "Xmas". For some reason, only the tracks in the "Christmas" subfolder will not automatically add to the search db. It is only after I rename the subfolder to "Xmas" that they will automatically be added to the search db. I will also add an entire drive to the search db, but the "Christmas" subfolder is the only one that does not get added. I have to manually add that subfolder. It has to be named "Xmas" to work. BUT, if I keep it as a separate folder, everything is ok.

Is there something about the Genre and folder names that can cause problems?

geposted Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 2:56 pm

There is no logic for that.

Try this :

1) Have all your music drives connected
2) Go to VDJ browser options, and choose FIX
3) Right click the music folders you want to have in VDJ search database and choose "ADD to search DB"

Should work then ;)

geposted Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 10:13 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)