Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Trigger Finger Knobs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

What up all, a little background first off.

Long time Ableton Live user here, using the M-Audio X-Session Pro and Trigger Finger control surfaces... Love this setup and has worked very well for me thus far. However Ive been wanting to upgrade to a control surface with jog-wheels for some time now. The other day I found a ION-I-CUE for $20 at a garage sale. With the I-CUE being an HID device I have not been able to get it to work with Ableton Live. Which led me to Virtual DJ...

Virtual DJ has most of the features I use in my live performances, so it seems like a very viable option... BUT I want to control 3 different Effects for each deck with the knobs on my M-Audio Trigger Finger. So I have the 6 knobs mapped out in the midi mapping section, all showing different ctrl values. When I go to trigger these Effects I am only able to trigger one Effect per deck. In other words the 3 knobs set to control 3 different Effects on Deck 1, actually only control one Effect (all 3 knobs turn the same Effect on and off). And the same goes for Deck 2... Is this a limitation in the software? Or is there a way around this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

geposted Wed 04 Mar 09 @ 9:24 pm
You can select and trigger multiple effects by creating a macro of actions as follows:

effect_select_multi   VALUE = Effect Name
effect_activate

To create a macro, assign the first action to the button as normal. Then click Add and press the same button again. Assign the second action. When you click OK, it will ask whether you wish to replace the existing mapping or create a macro.

geposted Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 12:36 pm
A macro will trigger multiple Effects at the same time by turning one knob, am I right?

If so, this is not what I am trying to accomplish... I simply want 3 separate Effects mapped to 3 separate knobs for each deck. It seems that all 3 knobs trigger only the active Effect on said deck. Correct me if I am wrong, but it does not seem possible to set a value for knobs or faders, only buttons?

geposted Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 2:39 pm
A macro allows you to trigger multiple actions with a single button.

For a knob, you should be assigning effect_select_multi to choose the effect, and a button assigned to effect_activate to trigger it.

You can assign buttons or the clickable knobs (Ones that can be pushed down) to effects of your choice using the above macro - The first action effect_select_multi selects the appropriate effect, and the second turns it on/off.

geposted Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 9:42 pm
Ya thats the way I have it set-up, only effect_select_multi to a button and effect_activate to a knob. I also have 4 buttons mapped to activate specific effects...

Got a hard decision ahead of myself, new controller or Virtual DJ.

Thanks for your help JP!

geposted Fri 06 Mar 09 @ 9:48 am

geposted Fri 06 Mar 09 @ 12:38 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)