Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Very new to Virtual DJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

sumkjdPRO (legacy)Member since 2008
I posted this new topic because I don't know how to ask about the problem I am having. When I use Virtual DJ I can hear through my headphones all these stutters, when I crossfade, when I try to match up beats, when I backspin, it's like a digital game of catch up. Well I thought maybe that this wasn't being heard by everyone else, that maybe I was the only one hearing them, but then I did a recording of it, and I can hear everytime I up'ed the pitch, crossfaded, or anything, it's all there. So how do I stop this from happening? I think I might have some settings wrong. I don't think it's my computer, but here's what I am using the program on:

A Dell Studio 1735
Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit, Svp 1
Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 @2.10ghz
4Gb ram

All I can find is a High Definition Audio Device. So it could be a crappy sound card situation but this didn't happen to me on my other laptop which has less ram and probably the same soundcard.

I would appreciate your kind help. Yes, I am a noobie at dj'ing, at least on a computer.

Thanks,
Sumkjd

geposted Tue 31 Mar 09 @ 4:32 am
gangz1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Are you using a controller of any type?? Virtual Vinyl? Virtual CD's?

geposted Tue 31 Mar 09 @ 5:20 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Untick the safe mode in the vdj performance tab config.

If still persist, do set the performance slider all the way to fastest and set latency auto. U should be good to go;)

geposted Tue 31 Mar 09 @ 6:32 pm
sumkjdPRO (legacy)Member since 2008
...um...no controller of any sort. I will try the slider, and if you don't hear anything else from me, then it worked. ;-) Thanks for your guys' help.

geposted Tue 31 Mar 09 @ 11:10 pm
BobdngPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm also having the crackle with the trial version, even after making the performance settings that are suggested. VDJ is the only program that does this on both of my laptops. This is disappointing.

geposted Wed 01 Apr 09 @ 5:44 pm
Hi bob, then in ur case u should tick the safe mode as i believe ur lappy is an older model? Anyway it should help if not then pls specify any controller , system specs and ur soundcard;)

geposted Wed 01 Apr 09 @ 6:23 pm
Thanks for the reply spin. I'm using a soundblaster USB sound card. The problem occurs on the internal sound card too on both laptops. The trial ran out on the Gateway which is the newest of the two laptops. I'm down to one day of trial on the Dell 640 which is a pentium 4, 512 RAM, 1.8 gigahertz xp pro. The crackle is actually worse on the Gateway - 2 GB RAM 800 megahertz xp media center.

I've also had the problem with a Turtle Beach sound card, and Behringer UCA200. The Soundblaster had the best results, but still intermittent crackling.

geposted Wed 01 Apr 09 @ 6:45 pm
Have u try to tick the safemode and overclock.

Slider to fastest and latency auto.?

geposted Wed 01 Apr 09 @ 7:01 pm
Yes.

geposted Wed 01 Apr 09 @ 7:05 pm

geposted Wed 01 Apr 09 @ 7:16 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)