Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules Steel Monitoring Issue

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and to DJing in general. I recently purchased a Hercules DJ Control Steel, and I'm having only one issue with it. This is my setup: Steel Console plugged into Macbook Pro running vdjc 5, Presonus Firebox plugged into mac through firewire, speakers and headphones plugged into firebox. The problem is that the only thing I ever hear in the headphones is the track currently playing. No matter which cue button is selected, I can't monitor the next song. Monitor and headphones volume knob on the steel do absolutely nothing. I feel like the problem is most likely with the firebox and not with the console, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I've never DJd before but I'm realizing quickly that it's hard to make a good mix when you don't know what the next track sounds like.

A second issue, although a bit more minor, is this: I have all my dance music stored on an external HD, and so I have two itunes libraries, one for personal music (located on the mac hd) and one for dance on the external. By default, vdj uses my personal music library, even when I have the external connected and itunes running the dance library. I was wondering if there's any way to get vdj to recognize the dance library as my itunes library so I can use the playlists I've made. Any help is appreciated!

Other than that, I love everything about the machine and the software so far.

***EDIT I fixed the first problem. I had to change the output setting in vdj to headphone and the soundcard to 4-out soundcard, then plug my headphones into channel 3 out of the firebox instead of the headphone jack. Right now it's mono since it's only in channel 3 and not channel 4, but I'll get a splitter.

geposted Wed 06 May 09 @ 9:05 pm
DjDrazPRO InfinityMember since 2005
mate, i have the same problem.. im using m-audio soundcard and i cant hear the other track??

geposted Tue 26 May 09 @ 2:27 am
Not trying to sound rude here but why did you not by the RMX or MK II ? all your issues would have been solved? Either one could be used a a external sound card? just asking?

geposted Tue 26 May 09 @ 12:27 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)