Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ver 6 Keyboard Mapper question

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

kentePRO InfinityMember since 2007
There was a handy keyboard mapping function using the space bar for crossfading and turning the other player on that I setup with the help of someone else in Ver 5 that doesn't work anymore in version 6 obviously because there's a new mapping utility. How would I go about recreating it?
The way it worked: 1) Press the space bar once, If the non live player was selected it would switch to the live player 2) Press it again and it would then crossfade the audio and video to the non live player making it live and start its playback from wherever that player was cued. This worked great at gigs that I didn't need to setup my midi controller.
Any help in recreating this funtionality would be extremely appreciated! Thanks in advance!

geposted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 9:22 am
I dont have VDJ in front of me,
but I was playing with this last night..

in the new mapper, try typing in "Load" and check the results..
one of the options did (I think) exactly what your asking for.

geposted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 12:29 pm
spool32PRO InfinityMember since 2007
What about the old way of saving key mappings in XML so we can import later? Is that function gone, or moved?

geposted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 11:41 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
All mappings are saved in XMLs in the new My Documents/VirtualDJ/Mappers folder. You will find a Keyboard Mapping.xml there.

And, yes there is not a Load option with the new mapping engine.

geposted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 12:21 pm
Why? Now we have to re-input all our old maps. That is time consuming.

geposted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 9:06 pm
Hi I'm in deep doo doo now too. My VCI-100 was working fine with my custom MIDI file using XML Keys & Notes. I can't find a way to import my settings.

I decided to upgrade to 6.0. I backed up my old files so if I can't get this VCI working, hopefully I can just delete the Virtual DJ directory and copy over from my backup and get my 5.2 back again. I feel a little pressured right now. Glad I took the day off tonight from my Club gig. I'd be panicing at this point.

I had my VCI working nicely and now it looks like I have to re-train it. Is there any way to import my MIDI XML file into my settings so I don't have to figure all this out again?

It's kinda of dumb when now my key marked "Hi" is now working as a "Gain" control. Some LEDs are lit...why? I would be very happy if the default settings for the VCI-100 worked as stencled on the unit.

So now I'm trying to program my vinyl-mode wheel now that it's auto-discovered as "seek" , and making it into a vinyl style pitch bender like I had before this upgrade. It seems to be ignoring my "action" command.

Can I get my XML Midi settings to work again? Things would be much less stressful.

Regards,

JimmyJamLHBGPA

geposted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 2:06 am
Ok I got it working like I want. I re-mapped the controls on the VCI-100 to the way the controls in my old XML file were configured. Wasn't too bad after learning how it works.

The next experiment is to copy the VCI-100 file in the Mapper Directory to backup, and then restore it after a "back to default" procedure . Will it bring all my settings back?

Good night. Continue later.

Thanks for listening.

JimJamLHBGPA

geposted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 3:29 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It will indeed...

geposted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 7:29 am
djpoopypants wrote :
Why? Now we have to re-input all our old maps. That is time consuming.

Because the new mapping system is completely different to the old mapping system.

Load is no longer relevant, because you can create controller definition files and mapper files, so different controllers will automatically be recognised without you having to load different sets of midi maps.

geposted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 7:29 am
Why is that. Aaah this really sucks, that means i need to completely re-map my reloop digital jockey 2 ie.
In the reloop forum I was told that reloop had send a digital jockey 2 ie to vdj.
Is this correct, and if so will there be a downloadable map for my reloop dj 2 soon, because i don't want to stick with vdj 5 knowing that vdj 6 is way better (i tried for a while, old fashion mouse & keyboard).

anyway, thanks for the effort.
Grtz DeeJax

geposted Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 6:05 pm
It was rewritten to give users more power and flexibility like they wanted.

The Reloop DigitalJockey is supported out of the box. The "2 ie" is not listed so would have to be mapped manually.

geposted Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 12:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)