Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ 6 Music Groups

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
MusicGroups is actually two features in one.

First, MusicGroups let you show to the world what music you play.

When you DJ with VirtualDJ, your playlist will automatically be sent, to your MusicGroup. Your friends and fans will be able to follow what you play, and vote for you or leave comments.

You can also get together with other DJs who have the same musical style as you, and try to create one of the best generic MusicGroup, and become a reference.

But the true power of MusicGroups lies in the feedbacks it will give you. While you are DJing with VirtualDJ, MusicGroups will constantly analyze what you are playing, and will make suggestions of what other DJs would have played next. The suggestion is based on what other DJs around the world play, with a stronger weight to the ones from the MusicGroups you subscribed to.

Unlike existing music matching solutions, MusicGroups suggestions are not based on automated music-likeness. MusicGroups gives you real advices, based on what millions of real DJs are playing every day in clubs.

You will find out that MusicGroups is a very good way to discover new tracks, and expend your sets.

More info: http://www.virtualdj.com/musicgroup/index.html

geposted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 6:27 pm
cioce wrote :

Unlike existing music matching solutions, MusicGroups suggestions are not based on automated music-likeness. MusicGroups gives you real advices, based on what millions of real DJs are playing every day in clubs.

hopefully, one day, the designers of MusicGroups will be able to give us a technical description of how it works..
and maybe do some upgrades :-)

now that it has been running for a few months, its starting to look like its not fully implemented yet..
IE: by now their is no reason why it shouldnt be able to find suggestions for 90% of the songs I play..

geposted Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 11:39 am
cioce wrote :
But the true power of MusicGroups lies in the feedbacks it will give you. While you are DJing with VirtualDJ, MusicGroups will constantly analyze what you are playing, and will make suggestions of what other DJs would have played next. The suggestion is based on what other DJs around the world play, with a stronger weight to the ones from the MusicGroups you subscribed to.

I gotta say...
the MusicGroups's suggestions are still pretty terrible.. :-)

hopefully this 'functionality' will be improved one day, as I think its a pretty cool feature, just needs to be 'adjusted' a bit..

geposted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 4:01 pm
robsarjPRO InfinityMember since 2010

geposted Wed 21 Apr 10 @ 7:07 pm
+1...I like the feature...but it isn't very functional for me. It seems to always suggest songs that are DRASTICALLY different BPM-wise.

geposted Tue 15 Jun 10 @ 12:32 pm

geposted Fri 10 Sep 10 @ 5:58 am
thank you guys for the lovely site!!!!

geposted Fri 17 Sep 10 @ 3:38 am
@Cioce are there any clear instructions as how to moderate my music group. I have created a group but it is not working any where close to how I think or thought it was going to work. Its showing songs that aren't even related to the group, I still can't figure how or where its pulling that top 20 from and I would like to be able to turn on and off the "Recently Played" list. I have sent a PM to Dj in Norway but thought id post my questions here aswell incase others had the same questions.

Hope to hear from you soon
Huey

geposted Sun 26 Sep 10 @ 8:17 pm
OK so after some looking around I've figured out a few things. The main thing I want to know though is, where is this "Top 20" coming from?? I dont even have a filter folder setup by tat name. ANYONE??

Thanks for looking
Huey

geposted Mon 27 Sep 10 @ 7:17 pm
Seana23PRO InfinityMember since 2010
HIPPYDOG SAID...
I gotta say...
the MusicGroups's suggestions are still pretty terrible.. :-)

hopefully this 'functionality' will be improved one day, as I think its a pretty cool feature, just needs to be 'adjusted' a bit..

I AGREE....

The music group thing is very confusing... how does one use it properly (i don't want EVERY track that i play listed... just the ones i choose.

Thanx all.

XXX

geposted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 7:38 am
jeremtPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The music group, the netsearch is longer not working any more, even genus dj not working on the software.

geposted Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 5:29 pm
i have noticed that when visiting the music groups pages here that they are no longer showing the top 20 or recent playlist for any of the music groups....what has happened?

geposted Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 10:27 pm
Grate information and sharing all around, really make sense too. Thanks for sharing.

geposted Tue 05 Jul 11 @ 8:34 am
Hey guys, hope this isn't considered as spam but i have started a facebook group for people who are tired of the DJ elite telling them they aren't 'propper' DJs and pricing out the competition. DJing is not a private club, so at MIDI Warriors we aim to share opinions and info on the latest controllerism and laptop DJ tech, and help each other try and expand the art we love! Check in and join to share tech reviews, cool apps, articles and general MIDI related stuff!

Find us at: http://www.facebook.com/groups/405907712768317/

MIDI Warriors

A group for DJs who believe mixing and DJing are about more than just beat matching. If your sick of the DJ elite trying to price everyone out of the game by insisting on 2 grand setups, and believe that good DJing is about the crowd having a great time and listening to great music, then join us in the 21st century as we move on and celebrate the humble MIDI controller.

This group celebrates all things MIDI - DJ related, and we are proud to say we use modern technology to improve our performance and better our artform. DJing is for everyone not just the elite, so if you agree that its time to move along with technology and stop being a pretentious poser, then come join us and help save our scene from ppl who use it as a vanity parade - MIDI Warriors: Unite!

geposted Thu 14 Jun 12 @ 8:28 pm
thanks for shearing the info about the virtual dj :)

geposted Wed 18 Jul 12 @ 4:39 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)