Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need a new Ati video card

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJ ED EPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ok just bought a EVGA Geforce 8600 gt ...based on info on this site that it worked ..but it doesn't I called tech support and he said some people can get them to work and other can't his suhhestion get aan ati ...i have never had luck with ati but I have no choice I guess

Having said that I am looking to buy an ati based card PCIe 512 or better ddr3 and it can only be 7" long due to the size limitation of my rackmount pc

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Ed

geposted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 3:22 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think you were given some good advice.

Now, it is an older card but see if you can find an ATI X700 it's PCIe 16 and uses DDR3 (only 256Mb) but that is fine ... I use this card and it's flawless!

But your spec ideas are perfect ATI, 512Mb, DDR3 is what I would get.

geposted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 7:14 pm
cstoll

thanks for the input but is that card only 7 inches long ?

Also does ati have a numbering system like GeForce ...meaning would the faster better series after x700 be x800

Thanks
Ed

geposted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 6:12 am
Again thanks for the help ...

I looked into this card and a found the answer to my own question abobe it looks like the 800 series may fit as well

I have a new question I can anyone tell me more about this ATI cards I can't seem to find a used card with the dvi to vga adapter ?

Thanks
Ed

geposted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 5:28 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)