Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: denon hc-4500 static sound

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello,

I finally finsihed customed mappings for denon hc-4500 controller with vdj 6 but now a problem has arised.
I have used hc-4500 asio drivers for a week with maximum performance without problems, but now the sound has suddenly turned to static.

It happens only when i set master tempo to advanced instead of fast. Restarting the computer and controller did not help. I have windows xp and it updated itself yesterday. Could the update cause the problem?

I would really like to use advanced master tempo for better sound quality. I do harmonic mixing and altering tempo and key sounds bad when master tempo is set to fast.

I just noticed that if I don't use asio drivers, i can use advanced master tempo. But scratching sound is worse then.

I have only one night to prepare before next gig, I would really sort this out and use vdj 6. Any help?

geposted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 3:14 am
If you get stuttering and/or distorted sound, the first thing to check is your performance settings.

Advanced master tempo is considerably more demanding on the CPU than fast master tempo. This means (Depending on your computer's performance) that you may not be able to run at such low latency settings as you can without it.

First, in the Performances tab, please check that Safe Mode is turned off and Latency is set to Auto.

Then go to the Sound Setup tab and click on the ASIO button. Increase the ASIO buffer by the smallest amount and then close down and restart VirtualDJ (This is required for new ASIO settings to take effect.)

Check whether this fixes the problem. If not, keep increasing the ASIO latency (Restarting VirtualDJ each time) until you find the optimal value for your computer.

NOTE: Increasing ASIO latency affects the performance of scratching, so you may need to choose between either having good quality master tempo for mixing in key or use the fast algorithm (Or no master tempo at all) and have good scratch performance.

geposted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 12:15 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks for the help! The problem was that it used to work with the settings.

Actually I solved it, i completely uninstalled program and cleaned all vdj registry entries, then new clean install, now asio works a lot better! Also no static sound anymore with maximum settings.

geposted Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 12:37 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)