Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Auto Crossfade In Version 6

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Looking for some help out there. I just upgraded to the new version 6.01. I love it all but one little thing. I know it has to be there I just can't find it. In version 5.21 you could create a macro in the key stroke assignments to set up an auto crossfade. As in: I would go to config then the Keyboard Shortcuts tab. I then entered 3 commands for the space bar 1. Auto crossfade on active deck. 2. Play on active deck. 3. Select on active deck. This built a macro that would (with two taps of the space bar) start the inactive deck and then move the crossfader from the active deck to the newly activated side. Is this available in 6.01 and if so does anyone know how is it done. I am not using any kind of controllers, just VDJ on a HP laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

geposted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 7:52 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You create a macro by chaining commands using '&'... play & auto_crossfade

geposted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 5:37 am
SBDJ You are wonderful. Thank you so much for your quick response. From what you told me I was able to figure it out. First let me say I do DJ, VJ and Karaoke in small bars and private events. I use VDJ in its simplest format but crossfading is important to me. VDJ does it so much better than I can. Just to help someone else out there that is not as talented as most of the fantastic DJs here, this is how I did it. In Config, I went to the mappers tab. With Keyboard selected on the left I pressed the green plus sign at the bottom left, then the letter "A". This was the key I wanted to use to initiate the crossfade. Then in the action box I typed "deck active select & play & auto_crossfade". Since I am working back and forth between video, Karaoke & DJ, I set the skin panel to "video on", activated the video crossfader auto lock to the left of the the crossfader and set the option just above the crossfader to audio crossfader. I also went to the video tab and checked the bottom option "Use This Plugin for Audio Only Files" and selected sonique to give me visualization when I use audio files. Now, no matter what I am wanting to play next it handles the crossfade perfectly.

Only one more question... I couldn't figure this one out. Remember, I used "deck active select & play & auto_crossfade" to do the crossfade. Is there a command I can add to this string that will stop the player i am crossfading away from when the crossfader reaches the other side. That would make this action perfect. It not a big problem to hit the cue button after the crossfade is complete but it would be nice it you didn't have the think about it.

One more little tip for us dummy users like me. I could never get the karaoke plugin to work in my VDJ. Just found out from a very helpful VDJ tech agent that you must have the very most recent DirectX installed. Google dxwebsetup select microsoft and download and install it. It works.

A special thanks to VDJ for such a wonderful job on this new one and all you wonderful support. It's great and you support people are wonderful too. I have been through all the major programs out there and spent $1000s of dollars before I landed here and trust me there is no better place to be.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 1:01 pm
Well, I spoke to soon. I set this up on my office computer. I always start there in case of trouble. When all went so well I tried to set it up on my laptop. I have been beating my head against the wall all day and can not make it work. Everything is just as I explained above. I have the same version on window with the same service pack. I am totally stumped. Any suggestion?????

geposted Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 1:12 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Whats not working?

geposted Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 5:31 am
I am trying to get a keyboard keystoke macro built that will do the auto crossfade for me. You gave me the direction to go and I figured it out on the computer in my office. It works so beautifully I can't believe it. So now I go to set up the HP zd8220us Laptop that I use for my shows. I can not get the laptop to work at all. I got it to crossfade one time from deck 1 to deck 2 and that was it then it quits. The only differences now between the two computers are.. 1. Office is a desktop Intel Pentium 4 2.79 GHz 3 GB of Ram and the Laptop is Pentium 4 3.4 GHz 2 GB Ram 2. Office has XP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 2 (was affraid of service pack thee so I installed all the updates without using 3) and the laptop has XP Media Center Version 2002 Service Pack 2. 3. Office does have Net Frame 3.5 and Laptop Net Frame 3. Any suggestions. By the way thank for the prompt responses. I have a show Friday.

geposted Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 12:16 pm
I think I am almost there. I have updated my laptop with all the custom updates from Microsoft. It is working now but you must load deck 2 after deck 1 starts playing and it will not fade back to a track that you have already played. For instance lets say you are playing deck 2 and you crossfade to deck 1. Now you want to go back to the same song on deck 2. It won't do that unless you re-load it. Other than that all works fine if you make sure to have all your windows updates. I am still not using Service pack three just all the custom updates.

geposted Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 1:29 pm
HELLO EVERYONE THIS IS DJ KO COMING OUT OF FL. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE OUT THERE IS HAVING ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE LEFT DECK COUSING A AUDIO DROP ON THE RIGHT DECK?? I DIDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM WHEN I WAS USEING WINDOWS XP, IV'E TRYED IT ON 2 DIFFERENT COMPUTERS 1 WITH WINDOWS 7 AND THE OTHER WAS WINDOWS VISTA. DO YOU THINK ITS A MICROSOFT PROBLEM AND HOW CAN IT BE FIXED???? SOMONE PLS HELP ME ASAP!!

geposted Thu 18 Feb 10 @ 9:20 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)