Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: External Harddrive Setup

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Can someone give me the exact steps in setting up an external harddrive database with music only ? Currently I am using a laptop with my music in drive "D". I would like to keep this setup for my gigs but would like to add the capability of using a external harddrive to load music from.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 7:00 am
I use 3 hard drives with my set up. 1 for music, 1 for music video and the other for karaoke. What do you need help with? Just put your music on the drive plug it in and voilà! There is nothing to it, unless of course somehow I'm missing the true meaning of your query.

DJ RuDe

geposted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 2:33 pm
What do I need to to do in refernece to my laptop to see the music folder on the external harddrive ? What about seaching on the harddrive ? Do I need the custom file in the root directory on the external harddrive ? All the MP3s on the hardrive were pasted to a folder and no search routine has been established. Basically I have copied and pasted all my MP3s to a external hardrive folder (for a backup) which are also on the laptop used by VirtualDJ.

Thanks for any help

geposted Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 6:15 am
Once you have your external hard drive connected to your laptop and are running VDJ it will be found automatically. You can see it on the lower left of the VDJ screen, click on "Computer" this will expand and you will be able to see all of the drives that are connected to your computer. What I do is attempt to search for something that I know is on that new drive, if it doesn't I will manually search for it by opening the folders listed under "Computer". Click "Computer" then click the drive you want such as "D" then click on the folder your music is in, if it's not in a folder then you will see all of your music, if it is in folders open it and your music will show up here. Click on the songs you want to play and each song you choose will be added to the database and will be found in your next search. Make sure that all of your files are named properly and so on.

I hope this helps.

DJ RuDe

geposted Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 11:25 am
Rude you beat me to it!!..lol its all good...:)

geposted Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 11:27 am
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you have your music on drive D: in various folders & subfolders, you can also right-click on drive D: (click on Computer first in the left-hand browser window in VDJ to expand it out to show all your drives) and select Recurse. This will scan through drive D: and all folders & subfolders and find your music! Might be a bit easier than going through individual folders ;-)

geposted Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 12:19 pm
DJmga wrote :
If you have your music on drive D: in various folders & subfolders, you can also right-click on drive D: (click on Computer first in the left-hand browser window in VDJ to expand it out to show all your drives) and select Recurse. This will scan through drive D: and all folders & subfolders and find your music! Might be a bit easier than going through individual folders ;-)

Thanx DJmga I wasn't even aware of that feature, that will really help.

DJ RuDe

geposted Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 1:15 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)