Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: recursing folders

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jaygabsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What's the equivalent of recurse on a mac? (How can I see everything in a main folder without opening up all the subfolders?) On the PC version, you can right click on the folder and choose "recurse" and it would show everything in the subfolders.

Thanks for the help.

geposted Sun 28 Jun 09 @ 11:05 pm
Hello jaygabs,

I am not sure we mention the same function since on my computer with Windows XP, when I choose to recurse a folder, I don't think it develops all the subdirectories, I think it develops the subdirectories which were already developped.

You can display the contents of the directories on Mac, in Mac OS Finder by clicking on the small arrow displayed before directory icon and name:
- if the arrow direction is right, the directory contents is not exposed (same status as the + sign before the forlder name in Windows explorer)
- if the arrow direction in down, the directory contents is expoosed (same status as the - sign before the folder name in Windows explorer)

With this arrow in LMac OS, as with + or - in Windows:
- you develop the directory and subdirectories whose contents was visbile in Finder last time you entered in this folder,
- you develop the directpry but not the subdirectories whose contents was closed last time you entered in the directory.

In Mac OS, you can also use a shortcut to develop several directories in separate windows in:
- Selecting several directories in Finder
- Push on ^ + Command button (the button on both sides of the space bar).

geposted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 8:35 am
jaygabsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm not 100 percent sure what you mean to say (i want to view what's in my subfolders in vdj's browser, without clicking on each individual subfolder, just the parent folder). I appreciate your input, hopefully this gets picked up by atomix staff.

geposted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 7:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)