Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PacMan Database

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Errrr....I just did an inventory of my videos in a popular virtual folder. Looks like something is eating away my info.

I have around 74 videos that have lost their BPM and all 3 que marks. It's gonna take quite a while to restore all this.

I have other abnomolies too. Like the song designator button that is normally blue for a video and yellow for an MP3. I had a couple of yellow ones that I swear are videos they should be blue. I click on the song and presto the icon changes from yellow to blue. Hmmmm how is this happening ?

I checked my clone PC that I did a few weeks ago and it has around 90 videos with problems too. Again missing BPMs and que marks.

I play by BPM and yeah I've been missing some songs I normaly play during the night. I see why. They lost their info and are now bunching up with the other songs in no info limbo land.

Guess I gotta get to work and re-do all of them. Something fishy is happening here.

It just adds to the other weird stuff happening... like VDJ cutting the BPMs in half or multiplying by 2 to send the song to a place you wouldn't exptect it to be....at the oppisite end of the BPM range.

Wow what's going going going on on on?

Regards,

Jim L.

geposted Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 4:05 am
Haahhh... I see the problem. I have the proper info in my Version 5 database for these videos. The info just did not get ported over to the Version 6 database.

Yeah...I have a post that is way buried on issues converting over to verision 6 and the database integrety problem.

I suppose I'll get out the XML editor and try to copy/paste the missing info into the version 6 database. That should be quicker than trying to reset all those que points.

I hope this gets fixed for the next upgrade. Please create a better checksum program to flawlessly transfer database info please.

Jim L.

geposted Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 4:20 am
I would like to add that a very similar problem happened to me yesterday. So you are not alone.
I had all my songs on my internal drive but decided to delete those songs and use the external copy. Well, VDJ still read from both databases, and showed duplicates of every song. So i clean fix check clean the "C" database, and still duplicates shown on all virtual folders. Apparaently the virual folder info from both drives were still being read. So next I totally edited out all except a few sngs in the "C" database.
Then, I turned off the computer, restarted, and used the ext. HD "E" as it is designated; and four complete virtual folders were totally gone. That's a lot of missing info. Just thought I'd add this piece of info in as the team may be working on it as we speak, that there is some kind of weird interaction between different xml files when more than one is used at a time and when they contain similar info about the same songs. Hope this helps.

geposted Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 11:50 am
I've actually read that there are many virtual folder problems in this version. I only use a couple VFs, and I've not had any particular issue, so I consider myself lucky ;)

Pacman database, tho...CLASSIC!! Nice metaphor, man, LOL.

geposted Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 8:31 pm
I started noticing the database issues win 4.3. If that helps.

geposted Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 12:12 am
Tonight...whew what a night.

Well the database PACMAN ate two of my Virtual Folders tonight. And my two top ones too. One was a folder named "Anthem Videos" which of course HAD all the songs my crowd likes to sing to. And the other biggie Virtual Folder name "Must Play Videos" which was all the new stuff I figure the crowd would like.

So now on top of re-doing all the songs that have lost their BPMs & 3 CUE MARKs I have to rebuild these folders also. This Sucks Sucks Sucks.

Fortunately I have them intact on my clone PC. So I breathe a sigh of relief. I need to be moving forward with new projects instead of fixing all the stuff that is going wrong, wrong, wrong.

Now these missing Virtual Folders I had problems with have nothing to do with converting over from Ver. 5 to Ver. 6. I had these VFs last week when I played. What the heck is happening ???

Please Atomix can you give me an idea what is going on? What does the database CHECK, CLEAN, FIX do? I've been running this process to clean up dead entries. I still find dead entries. But this is the only thing that could have possible caused the VFs to go missing.

I don't think this was a case of careless clicking. I don't think I accidentely deleted them. In any case though it might be a good idea to add in some code that will warn you. Like "do you really want to delete this Virtual Folder?". But I'm carefull to not do something that toopid.

This database issue needs attention.

Thanks,

Jim L.

P.S. I had a lockup so bad tonight I had to reboot the laptop. I was playing some picures from a MP4 file and everything got jerky first and I had no control of any functions. I tried to wait it out and it seemed to come back ok, but it then got worse and locked up for good. Rebooting the VDJ didn't help. Oh I so love it when I blue screen everyone on the dancefloor while my machine reboots.

geposted Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 2:27 am
Haaaa !!!!!!

I fixed the Sonuffa Beeaach.

I opened the V6 database on my main music drive with the XML editor, and did an inventory of my Virtual Folders. Sure nuff my missing ones (except my V.F. "Rock n' Roll") were still in the database. I found the "Must Plays" & "Anthem Videos" Virtual Folders.

Sooohhhhh.... pay attention Atomix because here is what happened, and I bet it was during your database CLEAN process. The Virtual Folders that were missing had SPACE characters that left huge "white space areas" between the Virtual Folders.

I deleted the "white space" to make the XML text contigeous, saved the edit, rebooted VDJ and ShaaaaaaaaaZzzzzzaaaaammmmmm......
My frickin' VFs are BACK !!!

So it wasn't me deleting the folders. It was that damn CLEAN process that is injecting space characters between the virtual folders. That is my theory anyway.

There you go Atomix. I did the diagnosis. Your turn to build the patch.

Regards,

Jim L.

geposted Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 3:10 am
Man, I understand your grief, but Atomix just keeps on adding new and COOOOOl features that are moot beacause the database is sooooo unstable. I know they like to respond with "sheesh, we don't know what's in your computer"; however, I have four computers of high-end quality running nothing BUT vdj and I get the same problem on each one.

Man, I would like to see an upgarde with something like "VDJ 7.0 NO NEW FEATURES, but BASIC bugs NOW all fixed. No longer to be "nervous" at weddings. Heck I remember the old days when I was using WMP 9.0 and NEVER EVER got nervous. Ahhh, did I, of course, have the features of VDJ, NO, but I was NEVER nervous. :)

geposted Sun 26 Jul 09 @ 12:53 am
Yeah, just to confirm that, I had exactly the same problem too.

Opened the database in Notepad and found my missing virtual folders were there, but with a large indentation before them. Delete the spaces before the virtual folders name in notepad and they reappear in virtual dj!

Do the developers know about this?

geposted Sun 26 Jul 09 @ 7:16 am
Hmm, I've found mine (virtual folders) missing completely from the database and had to cut and paste from a previously older "saved" one.

geposted Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 12:51 am
bryantpb wrote :
Man, I understand your grief, but Atomix just keeps on adding new and COOOOOl features that are moot beacause the database is sooooo unstable. I know they like to respond with "sheesh, we don't know what's in your computer"; however, I have four computers of high-end quality running nothing BUT vdj and I get the same problem on each one.

Man, I would like to see an upgarde with something like "VDJ 7.0 NO NEW FEATURES, but BASIC bugs NOW all fixed. No longer to be "nervous" at weddings. Heck I remember the old days when I was using WMP 9.0 and NEVER EVER got nervous. Ahhh, did I, of course, have the features of VDJ, NO, but I was NEVER nervous. :)

Four Pcs with VDJ running, should'nt you only have two copies?

geposted Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 2:06 am
Wife has a copy as well. We still only use two machines, and never both at the same time either, but often test out problems on all four to see if they may be computer specific.

geposted Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 5:00 pm
Packman database bit me again. And I watched it happen.

I had a virtual folder named "Hits For Scott's" that holds my jams for this particular gig. I noticed the virtual folder was gone tonight. I had it last Friday night.

I went looking for it in the V6 XML database. I found it. But I couldn't get it to re-appear in my list even after cleaning up some blank spaces in the file between songs and folders. I just couldn't get it to pop up like I've fixed VFs in the past.

I have found a work around to fix missing VFs. I create a new virtual folder with the same name "Hits For Scotts" and put 1 song in it. I then open a backup file in my XML editor and paste into the V6 file the contents of my missing VF. Voila the VF is restored I just have to move it up to the proper spot in my folder tree.

So I figured before I do this I would let the VDJ database utility clean things up and hopefully it will find the missing VF that I found and restore it into my VF list. So I went left to right through the 3 processes. And guess what? .............. not only did the folder not re-appear, but now it is missing from the database. Chomp ! Chomp ! Packman database ate it.

Fortunately I have a backup and have restored. I also got rid of all the pesky yellow marked "file does not exist" files that appeared. Seems if I rename a folder, all the songs names contained in that folder are orphaned. I would think when you re-name a folder that the songs inside that folder are re-pointed to the new location too. I will not be using the folder rename feature until this little abnomoly is repaired.

Hopefully the VDJ database management team will come to the rescue with the next set of patches. This database stuff is absolutely critical. A lot of hours go into orginazation, and it is a kiiller to have to re-do missing bpms, fixing changed bpms, re-applying cue marks, & removing non-existant files.

hockadeer

Jim

geposted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 5:01 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)