Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 6 beta crash on mac

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey folks,

New to the Mac world (about 5 months), its pretty nice....but....6.0 latest beta as of August 12 2009 keeps crashing. I have a 6 month old macbook white, 2 gigs of ram, 2.2 GHz, etc and use a vestax VCI 100 midi controller. So in a nutshell here it goes. I started having issues with the program crashing, occurs at random, could be when searching for a song, when hitting flanger effect, etc. The little spinning pinwheel rotates for two minutes, the song keeps playing which is nice so I have enough time to bring the PC VDJ 5.2 pro online at ready for the hot swap. I then restart the mac and all is well for a bit, a few days go by and perhaps the same thing. Now, everything was working great last night, I just sat down and started VDJ on the mac and it comes up with "Virtual DJ quit unexpectedly", gives ignore and report and relaunch options. Relaunch does not work. I submitted the report to apple for what its worth, and will copy below the contents of the report as well. I reinstalled and no dice, same deal. I should have added that I recently upgraded my HDD to a 500 gig for all the tunes. Now, this issue happened with both the old and new HDD. When I installed the new HDD I did a fresh install of leopard, all service packs, etc, installed VDJ. All this was about 5 days ago so I doubt that files are corrupted (or are they?). This happens regardless whether the Midi controller is used or not.

To say the least my PC version is working great, I have had luck in the past with deleting the VDJ app from the App folder and then the folder that says VDJ in the user documents folder as well. I don't know if by deleting these two items it constitutes a program delete (ahem new to mac), but, reinstalling thereafter proves to work well for a few more days. My concern is that (A) this is clearly not normal, (B) is this on par with the other issues I have seen from folks on this forum as well. I rely heavily on this equipment as we do I am sure but its disheartening especially when I made the choice to go Mac. I know its not Mac's fault, or who's fault it is but I hope someone can read the crash report and make some sense of it. At the same time I am looking for reassurance that this issue will hopefully be resolved. The reason I went with the Mac is that the old dell XPS I was using is in dire straights and solely used as a backup and don't want to have to let the mac sit idle.

So here is a copy of the crash report, it anybody has any ideas feel free to respond.

Process: virtualdj [120]
Path: /Applications/virtualdj.app/Contents/MacOS/virtualdj
Identifier: com.atomixproductions.virtualdjpro
Version: ??? (6.0.1)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [62]

Date/Time: 2009-08-10 21:03:02.276 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L30)

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Thread 0 Crashed:
0 ...mixproductions.virtualdjpro 0x000bc1c2 SetBit(unsigned char*, int, unsigned char) + 18484
1 ...mixproductions.virtualdjpro 0x000327b6 void Delete2<CAction2>(CAction2*) + 8796
2 com.apple.Foundation 0x955f9497 -[NSURLConnection(NSURLConnectionReallyInternal) sendDidFinishLoading] + 87
3 com.apple.Foundation 0x955f9403 _NSURLConnectionDidFinishLoading + 147
4 com.apple.CFNetwork 0x9404aba4 URLConnectionClient::_clientDidFinishLoading(URLConnectionClient::ClientConnectionEventQueue*) + 212
5 com.apple.CFNetwork 0x9404b8fa URLConnectionClient::ClientConnectionEventQueue::processAllEventsAndConsumePayload(XConnectionEventInfo<XClientEvent, XClientEventParams>*, long) + 310
6 com.apple.CFNetwork 0x9404bbaa URLConnectionClient::ClientConnectionEventQueue::processAllEventsAndConsumePayload(XConnectionEventInfo<XClientEvent, XClientEventParams>*, long) + 998
7 com.apple.CFNetwork 0x9404a370 URLConnectionClient::processEvents() + 104
8 com.apple.CFNetwork 0x93ff7d03 MultiplexerSource::perform() + 189

geposted Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 8:23 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

geposted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 1:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)