Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: vci 300 fact fyi

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

the vci 300 is bus powered ONLY...the AC power only powers the unit for emergency use...you cannot...i repeat cannot use AC power to use the software for normal dj use it will not work..( this is for the itch program only) still dont have virtual dj 6.02 but i believe it will be the same issue since the unit has a switch on the back left side being bus power center is off and right side is AC power...you have to have the button to the left in order for the computer to recognize the usb conection then in this mode its working bus power only so if i set the switch to the right the unit turns on without the usb cable meaning its working off the AC adapter so i plug the usb in as well but nothing the itch program wont fully open as you itch owners know how this works off line inline thing....anyway the power AC pretty much useless....i mean you can use the mixer to play an ipod or a cd player for emergency purpose in case of a crash but you still have to switch from usb to AC power while your comp reboots....anyways thought this would help you peeps...i had to discover this myself since theres nothing about this issue anywhere...it says its BUS AND AC power which to me is misleading information.

geposted Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 5:59 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Wow that's bad news I always try to run the minimum on usb power.
You should report this to the vender just incase theres a fix.
I'd like to know if there is a fix, I was going to purchase one, i'll hold off untill.

Thanks

Joey...

geposted Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 8:21 pm

It works super fine on USB power
Been using VCI-300 for quite some time by now, and totally love it ;)

geposted Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 8:26 pm
yeah it works great on usb i just figured i get the power adapter to run less usb ports and less power on the computer it would of been nice if it worked though with the power adapter.....its still great though.

to dj in norway...do you know if a powered usb hub would basically free the computer of using its own power to run usb devices such as the vci 300 and or other controllers etc.? because i have a 7 usb hub that has its own power adapter so my usb devices that are hooked to it are powered without the hub being conected to the computer of course for use it has to be conected to the computer but the power seems to be from the hub and not the computer....thats how i use my devices and never had any type of problems...but just wondering if the computer is working with less stress?

geposted Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 8:55 pm
Ok..
As far as I know, the USB power to the port is always on.. (except maybe for laptop powermanagement systems)
But even if not, never been any issues to have the port on, it only takes power from your power supply...

Having a usb powered hub should be fine too, but I bet the VCI-300 need to be alone on the hub to operate best and without conflicts. But not sure what you'd be saving to do a setup like that

Lastly, the story about if on AC power, the VCI-300 would stop being a PC controller, and a stand alone mixer instead might be true. Not tested. But next to the power in at the VCI-300, there is a switch :
- Adaptor / USB PC / Power

Would that switch make it work as a pc controller, even with the power adapter plugged in?

geposted Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 3:12 am
@ DJ panda 818. You are making it sound like... if you connect the adapter, the software won't work. The software works with the adapter connected. It wont power up the The controller in active dj mode. The VCI 300 runs only on USB power even if the adapter is connected. The adapter is for an emergency use incase the laptop crashes. If there is a crash, you slide the button over to adapter and the unit will be on but not in active dj controller mode. Just on so the input could work for connecting an ipod or cd player. When your laptop is back on, you slide the button over to (power usb) and you are up and DJ ying instantly..

geposted Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 12:51 am
. thats exactly what i mean....i just thought it would run on ac power too...so it would run less power from my comp...sorry if i mislead anybody.

geposted Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 6:02 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)