Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Database related question

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi. I have the same audio files on 2 harddisks (for backup). I have scanned for bpms only one hdd. The files are identical. If one hdd fails I have the other one for backup but not the bpm info. Why doesn't appear the bpm info on the other hdd? Thanks. Bye.
ps I have vdj 6.0.2 and windows 7

geposted Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 1:32 pm
mariushallangos wrote :
Hi. I have the same audio files on 2 harddisks (for backup). I have scanned for bpms only one hdd. The files are identical. If one hdd fails I have the other one for backup but not the bpm info. Why doesn't appear the bpm info on the other hdd? Thanks. Bye.

You will need to copy the database.xml file found in your root of one HD to the other and you should be all set.

geposted Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 2:45 pm
There is already a .xml file on the root of the 2nd drive. I use both drives connected at the same time. The drives letters are different (G, H) so if I copy the xml file on the second hdd I don't think it will be a solution since in filepath appears drive letter. The two harddisk aren't identical, only some folders with mp3 that I want to backup are the same. It seems to me that in earlier version a file that has been scanned it would be recognized no matter on how many drives exist a copy of that file.
To better understand what I'm saying: rightclick on a file that has bpm scanned than copy it in more that one location (even on the same hdd). When you will search that file you will find it on all location but you will see bpm info only on original location.

geposted Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 12:45 am
mariushallangos wrote :

When you say the "files are identical" do you mean everything?
The folders they are in. the names of the folders.. everything?

geposted Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 5:51 pm
mariushallangos wrote :
The drives letters are different (G, H) so if I copy the xml file on the second hdd I don't think it will be a solution since in filepath appears drive letter. .

Somehow VDJ compensates.. My external drive shows up as :F on my Rackmount and :L on my desktop,
yet my database always looks the same between them..

geposted Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 5:53 pm
mariushallangos wrote :

To better understand what I'm saying: rightclick on a file that has bpm scanned than copy it in more that one location (even on the same hdd). When you will search that file you will find it on all location but you will see bpm info only on original location.

it depends on what you use to copy that file..

I f you use explorer to copy that file then yes, the BPM info is lost because their is no matching database entry on that drive..

If you copy that file using VDJ, then the Info moves with it, as VDJ automatically updates the database..

geposted Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 5:58 pm
hippydog wrote :
[quote=mariushallangos]

If you copy that file using VDJ, then the Info moves with it, as VDJ automatically updates the database..

yes, with vdj. And yes, vdj updates the database so you will see the file in the new location but you can't see the bpm info. The file looks like it's never been analized (but I have the same file in original location analized). Maybe it's just my bad english....

geposted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 12:44 pm
hippydog wrote :

mariushallangos wrote :

yes, with vdj. And yes, vdj updates the database so you will see the file in the new location but you can't see the bpm info. The file looks like it's never been analized (but I have the same file in original location analized). Maybe it's just my bad english....

I'll double check when I get home tonight.. but I was pretty sure that when ever I moved a file using VDJ that ALL the tag info moved with it, including the BPM..

I know for sure that if I scan a song on my desktop, I can then move the external hardrive to my rackmount computer and the file is still scanned..

geposted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 12:54 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)