Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ with RMX or VCI-100

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

cpg300PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi all...Im looking to purchase one of these midi controllers. Right now i own vdj6 pro and I want to see what peoples opions are about both these players. I understand cost, sound card, ect. But my main concern is which device is going to fit my needs best. My need is to have this hardware be able to FULLY control the software. What I mean by that is have the players skin and for the program to show the movements I make on the device. For example if I raise the volume on the device the program shows the volume moving as well....the knobs or faders actually adjust on my screen from movement with the vci or rmx. Im not sure what this exact feature is called so if you can tell me what that is it be great lol. Any advice or experience would be appreciated!! Thnx

geposted Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 8:51 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
cpg300 wrote :
........... FULLY control the software.
......For example if I raise the volume on the device the program shows the volume moving as well....the knobs or faders actually adjust on my screen from movement with the vci or rmx.

Hey cpg300,

first off all, both controlers can the things you want to have.
But it is more a question of the mapper and the skin you use.

When you use the default skin and the default mapper from the V6, you can see and hear the things you are doing on the controler.
So, when you move the linefader on your controler, you see the linefader moving in your skin!
When you move your EQ-Knobs, you see them move on the skin!

Other Skins, or views from the default skins, have other possibilities.

In the same way you can adjust the controler mapper, you can also build a own skin, up to your choice.
But to build a mapper is much easier then build a own mapper ;-)

I own a VCI100 and never will give her away.
Other user loves their RMX or RMX Steel, so it is up to your own choice.

Have a look also here ;-)
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/109168/Hardware_Technical_Support/VCI_100_natively_supported_but____also_VCI_SE_Ean_Golden_s_Edition___YES_.html

Haui

geposted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 10:29 am
that a nice question right there fellas!

I own RMX, my personal choice after 6 months would have been Hercules Steel Why?
You already have effect parameters knob there with the shift button NICE ! drawback no sound card.

I own RMX since MARCH and i am trying to map the hardware my way. so it doesnt matter which one you buy, you gonna map it the way you like after a year anyway lol.

I always need help, and you'll always find your anwsers somewhere.

I can't talk about vci 100 sorry, i can say it suck or whatever, but i dont because i dont own it.
ALWAYS REMEMBER you can test and own. which one is better?

I have RMX and i use it alot, i love it. the one you'll choose is the one you deserve ;)

geposted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 8:56 pm
Hello CPG300,

The feature you look for (a software whose graphic interface reflects the actions on the DJ controller) is a skin adapted to your DJ Controller, and with VirtuaDJ, you may have skins of any device.
Skins for DJ Console Rmx are on http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skins.html?display=all&order=smart&search=Rmx
I don't know skins for VCI-100, but I suppose there may be such skin as it is not very complicated to draw it.

geposted Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 8:39 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)