Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: general advise laptop vdj and controller

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i currently use virtual dj with a hercules dj control , controller. the laptop i have isnt the best ,

dell d500
intel (R) Pentium (R) M
processor 1300mhz
599mhz , 512 mb Ram

theres quite a big delay when using trying to realse tracks in time with music with the jog wheels , like it stops and catches up so can only use the play/pause buttons . just wondering is my laptop a bit dated now really and should get a new 1 . i really want to get a more pro set up any advice like min ram etc plus a look better controller
also what is classed as a pro dj controller . vestax vci 300 ? think that uses a different software though .
i think all the problems i have are due to the laptop spec not sure though .

thanks 4 any advice

geposted Mon 26 Oct 09 @ 3:22 pm
The Hercules (And the iCue that's registered to your profile) doesn't have touch sensitive jogwheels so it cannot be used in that way - I.e: To hold and release the music as you would with a vinyl record.

Becasue the wheels are not touch sensitive, they will only stop the music while they are moving, and there will be a short delay to detect that they have stopped moving.

To use jogwheels in this way, then you would need a controller with touch sensitive jogwheels such as the VCI-300, VCI-100 (Has no built-in sound card), Pioneer CDJ-400, Denon DN-S1200, etc.

You would also need to upgrade to VirtualDJ Professional to other controllers. The free Hercules DJ Console Edition (Or iCue Edition that you have registered to your profile) only works with the controller it came with. You can upgrade at a discount by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html and entering your DJ console software serial number in the box provided.

geposted Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 1:02 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)