Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video Not Filling up the Screen

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have had this issue at a couple venues with a couple different computers. I plug my laptop into an Edirol switcher and the output cuts the top, bottom, and sides of the video so that it does not fill the screen (Gives it a letterbox look). Is there a setting on either the computer (windows XP) or on Cue that will fill the screen. I do not have this problem when I plug directly to a projector. However some of the venues require that I plug into the Edirol switcher or some other switching device.

geposted Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 11:04 am
Many music videos are shot like that for artistic reasons (To make them look like a movie) - You can't and shouldn't remove the black bars.

However, the TV's in your venue might have an option in their menu to zoom in when the bars are present, but this would need to be set on every TV.

geposted Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 11:32 am
Have you tried the config/video menu in VDJ and set for "Keep Ratio" either (crop) or (full)?

geposted Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 12:35 pm
right click on your desktop and check your display settings. you should have something to rezies it there. mine is in my nvidia options when i right click. then it says resize HD tv. the venues are most likley using a hd input. every venue i play i usually have to size the screen to fit.

geposted Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 5:56 pm
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try the ratio (crop & full) and also check the setting on the video card and see what happens.

geposted Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 10:30 am
Sounds like the resolution of the output of the switcher and the output of your second desktop on your PC do not match. The switcher is it's own entity as far as the TV's are concerned. The TV's are probably seeing a single resolution, no matter what the input is, that being said, the switcher should be able to be set up to up-scale or down-scale what the input is. I have set up my HDMI out of my laptop and found out my 32" LCD only really likes around 1280 x 768 or around 1900 x 1084. Anything else does not fill the screen and puts bars on the sides, top/bottom, or both depending on what I set in Properties.

Once again, the switcher should Up/down scale the signal.
Try downloading the manual for the switcher and take matters into your own hands if the manager does not know how to make the adjustments.

A work around would be to force the resolution output of your PC to match what the TV's are looking for. You can usually access more resolutions if you goto advanced settings and click "List all Modes" on your video card properties.

Keep in mind that higher resolutions may be limited, if you don't have a great video card.
Also, performance may be affected on higher resolutions. I have not had any problems on my Studio XPS with a Gig of video ram playing videos on my 24" monitor at 1900 x 1080.

The only issues I have are with the well documented, very common "video freeze" issue that is a codec or software issue and has yet to be properly addressed by Atomix in these forums.

Let me know if this helps.
I am a veteran AV tech and video professional for the Ritz Carlton - let me know if you have any other questions.

Kevin

geposted Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 5:24 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)