Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules Steel with Heaphones

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

lpycrgjHome userMember since 2009
I've been djing for a few years now and have got a hercules steel console to use at home for fun, im not really with the technical stuff though. Problem im having is that i dont want to purchase an external soundcard, so im trying to use my laptops one.

My setup is the console, with the outputs as headphones and sond card as mono seperated configuration, connected to my laptop, with my heaphones out of one socket and speakers out the other. Problem is they're both playing the same thing, so where i want to here both songs in my headphones at the same time whlst the speakers play the output from whatever side the crossfaders on, what im getting is both of them playing the same thing.

What do i need to change to fix the problem, or is it not possible? Cheers

geposted Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 1:20 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
In Order to use the headphone previewing mode with Virtual DJ your soundcard need to be multi-channel ( 4.1 or 5.1 for example) and have the appropriate connections. This is unfortunately not the case with laptop integrated soundcard.

As for using Mono separated mode, this not really practical because a) your music is in mono, and b) you need a stereo-to- dual mono spliter in order to make it work.

geposted Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 1:51 pm
If i purchased a 4.1 or 5.1 soundcard, would this be easy to set up and install with virtual dj?

geposted Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 3:30 pm
If you have a legal version of VDJ it's pretty simple. If not you will get MANY problems because the most 'net versions' have trojans, viruses and many other 'improvements' ;-)

Greets, Heiko

geposted Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 5:05 pm
Yeh its all legal, i have a legal copy of vdj 5 pro. Ive seen other people set up with it working fine with a usb soundcard solely because they only have one audio jack slot. I have two, one for speakers and one for headphones, just cant get what i want to cue to come through the phones, whilst whats on the crossfader plays out through the speakers.

Annoying really, where i do my radio show we have pioneer 400s, plug in and its all done

geposted Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 7:47 pm
Hello lpycrgj,

1) You can see an explanation of how to set your USB 5.1 sound card in Vista for VirtualDJ on
http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/Made_In_Breizh/blogs/3571/Use_Hercules_Muse_Pocket___Muse_Pocket_Lt_with_VirtualDJ_5_DJC_(DJ_Control_Steel)_in_Vista.html

2) As you have a legal copy of VirtualDJ 5 Pro, with a serial number, you should:
- click on VirtualDJ website "Modify my profile" button http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html
- in the license area, type the serial number of your VirtualDJ Pro license,
so that you can download updates of VirtualDJ Pro (for example, a legal license of VirtualDJ 5 Pro gives you a free access to VirtualDJ 6 Pro).

geposted Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 2:55 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)