Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: behringer ddm4000 configuration with Vdj

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello all, I have just purchased the Berhringer DDM4000, I have been trying for weeks and cannot get it configured with Vdj. My soundcard is a Versaport 4x4 and i cant get one song playing on vdjj and the other one coming out of the headphones...If any of you know how to do any of these and can help me out with the process it would be greatly appreciated. I have no other equipment but my laptop, vdj, behringer ddm4000, and the versaport soundcard. I am so excited to use my new equipment but am getting frustrated with setting it up.

Thank you

geposted Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 1:15 pm
Hmm... do you know how to go to MIDI configuration on your DDM4000 itself?

If yes, go there . Then disable mute on the 2 channels that you wanna dj with.

If no, hold the middle endless knob on the effects section until it shows a menu. Then scroll down until you see MIDI setup.

If you still have problems just post them okay?

geposted Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 5:05 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you're not doing video, then just ignore MIDI, set VDJ to external mixer mode in the sound setup window, connect two stereo outputs from your soundcard to your mixer and you are good to go - the same as connecting up a couple of decks.

If you are doing video and thus want to control the internal VDJ video crossfader you're going to have a bit more fun. I believe the crossfader setup has been very stupidly designed to either control the audio, or to control the MIDI - both not both. Utter utter stupidity IMHO and makes the mixer junk. DDM4000 users are usually very quick to defend their mixer because it's an OK mixer on the whole and is cheap so I'll probably take some abuse for saying that ;)

There are a few threads where people have worked around it by using one channel on the mixer as PFL from VDJ in headphones mode which then allows you to control the internal crossfader. Others simply don't use the crossfader for audio at all and use it for video only, relying on the level controls for mixing. Might be worth a thorough search to see if there are any other solutions.

I know the VSL users advise against using one as well.

geposted Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 10:31 pm
Thank you man, I will try it and if im still lost i will post again. Appreciate the help.

geposted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 4:35 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)