Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I need of some help from a PC whizzkid

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have recently bought a macbook pro which has an intel processor in the device manager its show as 2 Intel (R) Core(TM)2 duo CPU T9600 @ 2.8ghz

I am running VDJ with a Native instruments Audio 8 DJ soundcard.

I keep getting a cracking noise through the speakers from VDJ.

I have found how to semi cure it to get rid of the crackles but its not a workable solution, i need to reslove it properly.

I can get rid of the noise when playing a track by running sonique visuals and then also running another visual effect over the top (like FUg Thermal) as soon as click on the second effect the crackling disapears.

It seems like the processor needs to do a certain amount of work to get rid of the crackling.

I have run through all the usual stuff to optimise the system including having to run rivatuner to force the graphics card to run in low power 3d mode as it caused spikes in DPC latency checker without out (a fix I found from the net)

I suspect there is some sort of stepping going on with the processor when its not having to do much.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

geposted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 7:26 pm
ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
By chance do you have the same "crackle" effect you mentioned in your headphones too?

geposted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 11:56 pm
ashlar wrote :
By chance do you have the same "crackle" effect you mentioned in your headphones too?

Yes i do, the headphones are plugged into the mixer

geposted Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 12:56 am
Soundcard : Latency : Auto, uncheck safe mode & overclock
48-44khz : Lowpass filter, filter taps 5, check filter smooth
Master Tempo : complexity : 1, spatialization : 0
Scratch : Quality : Enhanced algorythm : size 8, check smooth

geposted Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 6:48 pm
Sp33DJr wrote :
Soundcard : Latency : Auto, uncheck safe mode & overclock
48-44khz : Lowpass filter, filter taps 5, check filter smooth
Master Tempo : complexity : 1, spatialization : 0
Scratch : Quality : Enhanced algorythm : size 8, check smooth

That seems to have helped a bit although when I turned on enhanced algorythm I got very distorted sound.

geposted Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 7:26 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)