Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ and MixDeck

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

lp894PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Does virtual DJ ever plan on creating a presetup contoller for the Numark Mixdeck Universal DJ Controller? Reason I'm asking is because I can get most of the buttons to work except the platters. jog_wheel doesn't work, scratch_wheel_touch doesn't work, neither do any of the other settings I can set it to. It's a touch sensative touchwheel...I just would like to get it working with VDJ.

geposted Sat 16 Jan 10 @ 6:52 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The Mixdeck has only just been released; give people a chance.

If you want the controller to work optimally I would recommend doing it properly and creating a definition file.

Are you using simple MIDI? What does the controller send for the jogwheel and for the touch platter (they will be seperate controls)? Bear in mind that touch functionality will only work if you have the jog mode set to scratch.

Support might be added by another user if you are lucky which would be downloadable from the plugins section by registered users.

geposted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 3:40 am
lp894PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have everything else working(well...except the sliders and ect...but I figure those will come eventually) I'm just wondering if there's something that I may be doing wrong in setting the controller up as I've never done one before.

geposted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 10:03 am
If you are using simple MIDI wrapper, then please see the information at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJScript%20Examples.html which describes mapping endless encoders and jogwheels.

For a touch sensitive jogwheel, you will need to use touchwheel for jogwheel movement and touchwheel_touch for the touch sensor (Keep the jogwheel still and then touch it to map this.)

NOTE: Simple MIDI is very limited and you may not be able to map the controller optimally with it. Ideally you need to create a controller definition: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinition.html - This will also allow button LED's to function, which is not possible with Simple MIDI.

geposted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 2:52 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)